Code of Conduct
    smeller

Default Did you tried a new bottle of Fahrenheit recently?

This happens to be one of my top 4 favorites, and I finally decided to purchase a sealed 100 ml bottle in a very trustable store.

But the longevity don't seems to be there, and something seems to be missing.

Perhaps my nose is too "tired" of Fahrenheit, and I will take some weeks before trying it again... but don't you believe the new bottle is too much watered down?

I noticed that my older bottle (a 30 ml) says "Fahrenheit - Eau de Toilette - Dior", and the new one says just "Fahrenheit - Dior", with "eau de toilette" in the bottom. And the cap has changed its shape a bit.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Did you tried a new bottle of Fahrenheit recently?

From what I've read, the reformulation occurred at least a couple years ago, if not a few years ago. I love Fahrenheit, and the bottle I have has a cheap plastic cap and does say "eau de toilette" under the word "Fahrenheit" (the new caps are metal, I think). I bought it from a grocery store ($20!) and it had been sitting on the shelf for quite a while, but I don't know exactly how long. The box it came in was the older two-tone red and blue box, whereas the new box is all red. Basically what I'm saying is I don't know whether the bottle I have is pre-reformulation or not, but it does last a long time and it's strong as hell.

It's one of my very first fragrances and also among my favorites. I would hate it if it's been watered down

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

It was my first fragrance ever , I think that I was about 15 or 16 when it came out and felt very grown up going to buy it LOL !!!! Not smelt it in years and not sure that I neeed to revist if its been changed
    Last edited by Pour_Monsieur; 12th January 2009 at 04:03 PM.

smeller

Well, as I said, I'll wait a couple of weeks before testing it again, just to be sure it's not my nose. It could be.

So, I hope someone else tests it to confirm or deny (I hope so) my impressions.

But, based on what I smelt yesterday, it could be a major watering down.

For me, it's one of my top favorites ever, a great masterpiece, and it shouldn't never be changed.

smeller

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...nheit-228.html

Here's a pic of the new bottle, just for the record.

Oh it's definitely changed! Fahrenheit was my first love, and my first purchase. I've had countless bottles over the years, and the current formulation is not the same...much paler, minus the gasoline-like note, and all around boring. It's ruined.

I totally agree that it's been reformulated. That's why I rarely wear it from a new bottle.

It looks like we have to search for the old bottles.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

If it has been drastically reformulated perhaps that explains why I never found the same love for it as have many of the people here.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

smeller

Now I'm angry.

It was supposed to be my most sure acquisition ever, based on my 30 ml I bought in 2007 (pretty recent), just to be the first to find out they messed with it. And I payed a good price in a good store, just because I wanted to be sure it was not a fake.

I don't even want to spend more money on it, because I can't even know exactly when it was changed and how to recognize the good bottles. I could search for bottles like the one I have, but I'm afraid the reformulation could even be earlier to the bottle changing,

It's revolting, they really don't take their costumers seriously.

I read there were new restrictions placed on an ingredient in Fahrenheit (the gasoline note), so it's not totally Dior's fault. Having said that, they more than likely cheapened the formula at the same time assuming no one would notice.

So - did the reformulation come at the same time as the new bottle design or sooner, can anyone confirm?

Sooner. The Dior counter here still has the old cap on the testers, and it's the new formulation.

smeller

I don't see anybody even trying to point some merits about this new formulation.