Code of Conduct

Question Torn between Costume National Scent Intense or Kenzo Power

I have looked at the reviews for both......Both have plenty of good said for them.....I haven't tried any and I don't have a chance to do that either....

I love Dior homme and Kenzo power has been compared to Dior Homme....

I have no clue what can I expect from Costume National Scent Intense.....

What should I get? Any help....any leads....will be appreciated.....thanks

Default Re: Torn between Costume National Scent Intense or Kenzo Power

I don't particularly find male florals attractive at all. Dior Homme and Kenzo Power are both scents that are nice to appreciate and smell by one's self, but wearing them in public?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    I don't particularly find male florals attractive at all. Dior Homme and Kenzo Power are both scents that are nice to appreciate and smell by one's self, but wearing them in public?
    Why would/should one not wear them in public? I wear Dior Homme in public. Is there some reason I should not being doing that?

I personally would go with Scent Intense over Kenzo Power.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th January 2009 at 02:24 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

On me, Costume National Intense was a very dense semi sweet, boozy amber fragrance with monster projection and longevity. Had a bit of a naughty feel to it, I loved it!

It will be interesting to learn about your choice, gupts. I'll accomodate you accordingly.

Funny side-note: both bottles hides the juice.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Hey gupts, Scent Intense is fantastic, I bought a full bottle from Klein's but I don't know about Kenzo Power; Scent Intense is in my current rotation and it is a keeper! Tea and amber are the starring accords.

Hiya gupts,
    I own both Scent Intense and Kenzo Power.

If you'd like to read my perspectives on the two... please visit the following links:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...nzo-power.html
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...stitution.html

Of the pair, the Costume national is more edgy and daring (something a rock muso might wear), and Kenzo Power is a bit more commercial, but great nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Hiya gupts,
    I own both Scent Intense and Kenzo Power.

If you'd like to read my perspectives on the two... please visit the following links:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...nzo-power.html
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...stitution.html

Of the pair, the Costume national is more edgy and daring (something a rock muso might wear), and Kenzo Power is a bit more commercial, but great nonetheless.
    Thank you Dimitri for leading me to those descriptions.

It seems like 'Costume National Scent Intense' would be a more daring 'blind buy', even more so since I have never really smelt any tea based fragrance.

Kenzo Power's sharing a similar note with 'Dior Homme' is something that is drawing me towards it, since I absolutely love Dior Homme. Besides the bottle looks really eye catching to me. But then since I already have Dior Homme & Dior homme Intense, isn't it better to get something totally new?

I am beginning to sort of lean towards 'Costume National Scent Intense' now. Any pushers

Gupts, Power is like a mix of Dior Homme with an aquatic (say Issey) thrown in. It doesn't have the 'buttery' iris note that DH has, and even though there is a slight floral element to it, its no where near as floral as, say, Fleur du male.

If you can get down to your local Myers / DJs they might still have some samples of Power - I got 3 of them (all gone now). I like Power but find it a bit too short lasting & since I already own a few aquatics and Dior Homme, it would be out of place in my wardrobe.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Thank you Dimitri for leading me to those descriptions.
    Youre welcome gupts!
    To my mind, Scent Intense is a more "special" scent... a little out of the ordinary.

I have just seen Noalick with a 100ml Scent Intense in his swap thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=221753

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Gupts, Power is like a mix of Dior Homme with an aquatic (say Issey) thrown in. It doesn't have the 'buttery' iris note that DH has, and even though there is a slight floral element to it, its no where near as floral as, say, Fleur du male.

If you can get down to your local Myers / DJs they might still have some samples of Power - I got 3 of them (all gone now). I like Power but find it a bit too short lasting & since I already own a few aquatics and Dior Homme, it would be out of place in my wardrobe.
    Thanks for the lead Anthony. I'd see if I can find them in the local malls here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Youre welcome gupts!
    To my mind, Scent Intense is a more "special" scent... a little out of the ordinary.

I have just seen Noalick with a 100ml Scent Intense in his swap thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=221753
    Dimitri...that is the one for which I have earned the right to obtain. Thanks again

CN Intense does have very stylish openin notes which impress rightaway. it smells very modern and reeks youth. however, the dry down leaves a lot to desire and is generic. i would go for the CN 21 which smells much more impressive all the way to the base(it smells like a floral, sweeter version of Narcisco R).

in a nutshell, for the right price yes!

K Power is a nice scent. nothing outstanding, not lame either. good for daily wears.