Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste alternatives?

Hey!!

I've been looking for a place to try Chanel Egoiste.

But I can't find it! I'll be in the Newark airport on Wednesday...any chance it might be here?

If not, are there any alternatives you know of to Egoiste that are more available? Perhaps a "younger" Egoiste (I'm only 20. But I can pull off mature very well )

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste alternatives?

cool water

There are none.
    You will have to wait till you find the real thing!
    Sorry.

Well, If you are seeking to know of a scent that is 'identical' to Chanel Egoiste, I wouldn't be able to suggest anything there.

Yeah if you like Egoiste and if you would want to try something else that is in the same league, you can look at 'Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne'. I bought this after a lot of members here compared it to Egoiste and am happy with my purchase. It is a beautiful, creamy sandalwood fragrance that I just love to wear. Not as heavy as Egoiste but still quite powerful.

The only thing I've smelt thats smilar is 'Larrikin for Men' from The Sandalwood factory in Mount Romance ( http://www.mtromance.com.au/ ). This would likely be even harder to find than Egoiste if your in anywhere but Australia, however, so I'd suggest to hunt down Egoiste. I still sometimes regret trading my bottle of Egoiste away
    Last edited by Anthony87; 13th January 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I found similarities between Egoiste and Elizabet Arden's Sandalwood - I must make clear that this perception wasn't share at all by other BNoters.

However, I found a reason as to this appreciation: Egoiste's base notes are mainly sandalwood, so in theory any sandalwood fragrance will, to some extent, share some similarities with it.The problem is Egoiste's combination of top and middle notes, they are quite specific to it.

In this sense, Egoiste is unique, so I am afraid that alternatives will end up being quite different.

Pecksniff's Oriental Woody is a virtual clone.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by rksp25 View Post
    Hey!!

I've been looking for a place to try Chanel Egoiste.

But I can't find it! I'll be in the Newark airport on Wednesday...any chance it might be here?

If not, are there any alternatives you know of to Egoiste that are more available? Perhaps a "younger" Egoiste (I'm only 20. But I can pull off mature very well )
    It may be in the Duty Free shops - if that is where you are going to be.

In the US, I have seen Egoiste in Chanel boutiques, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th January 2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Try LP No. 9 by Penhaligon's - I think it resembles Egoiste a lot.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

You will most likely get Egoiste at Duty Free. Chanel is well represented.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

well, if you're looking for a widely available (and maybe cheaper) substitute for egoiste, the reply is: there are none.
    If you're looking for a younger one the reply is the same: egoiste is just as beautiful as it is and it's not something smelling mature at all but more timeless, it can be worn from a 20yo as long as from a 60yo imo.
    Actually Egoiste is pretty available in all the chanel boutiques, in all the main perfume shop chains (sephora, douglas etc...) and also in many other smaller shops and of course in the airports etc.
    Anyway for nice substitutes in the same vein you can look for Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne that's probably the closest one. Another good suggestion is LP No. 9: not exactly the same but it shares the same burbon vanilla and sandalwood vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Actually Egoiste is pretty available in all the chanel boutiques, in all the main perfume shop chains (sephora, douglas etc...) and also in many other smaller shops and of course in the airports etc.
    Not in the US. Distribution seems quite limited, though I did see Egoiste and Antaeus pop up in Nordstroms over the holidays.

Sephora (in the US anyway) only carries Platinum Egoiste.

The rosemary and cloves in LP # 9 put it in a very different group than Egoiste, imho.

Look no further than Guerlain Heritage.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

You can have one of the Chanel boutiques ship Egoiste to you.