Code of Conduct

Default Looking for an evening/date cologne

I recently decided to upgrade my wardrobe and tried a few new scents. Ended up getting Chanel Platinum Egoiste for my everyday scent (and the ladies loved it). I'm looking for a scent that will be worn for evenings and dinners and the like. I took a look on the boards and a few caught my eye:

Body Kouros by YSL
    M7 by YSL
    Dior Homme
    Obsession by Calvin Klein
    The Dreamer by Versace

Anything else I should be considering? Also, I'm 19 years old.

I want something that is sexy and masculine, but not fresh, since I want it to smell different from the Platinum Egoiste.
    Last edited by deviations; 13th January 2009 at 08:37 AM.

Default Re: Looking for an evening/date cologne

Of those you have listed, Dior Homme and Body Kouros should fit the bill. I would also suggest Lolita Lempicka au Masculin; you will smell so good that girls will want to eat you. However, out of BK and DH, in terms of attracting women I would go for BK as it is a little more masculine than Dior Homme, and longer lasting. Also, make sure whatever you get that you go easy on it - 2-3 sprays is more than enough for a first date!

Also, consider checking out the post at the top of the 'Male Fragrance Discussion' forum which lists various fragrances that users have received compliments etc on.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I'll try to see if the mall has Body Kouros. I tried on Dior Homme before and I'm looking for something a little stronger. Also considering a few more:

Rochas Man by Rochas
    A*Men by Thierry Mugler

Is Lolita Lempicka available in US stores? I want to try on everything before I make a decision.

Read a lot of reviews and I'm down to

Rochas Man
    Body Kouros
    The Dreamer

with Rochas man being the most expensive frag. For my age, what would fit me the best? The sexiest and most sensual.

Sur la Plage

I think everything you have listed would be fine- But you definitely need to try them on first before making a decision.

You should be able to find Rochas Man, A*Men and The Dreamer at Sephora - if you have one close by. For some of the older fragrances such as Body Kouros and Lolita Lempicka au Macsulin, you may try to find a store like Perfumania to sample them.

I would also suggest trying Lancome Hypnose Homme, Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men and Armani Code.

Good luck!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 14th January 2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Re: Dior Homme, depending on availability in your area, you may want to have a look at Dior Homme Intense. I got that for Xmas and I LOVE it. I also own Body Kouros and love that one as well, it's definitely sexy but in a more casual way than e.g. Dior Homme. Here in Germany it's getting discontinued (very hard to get already), so I don't know about the availability. Also, you should have a look at B*Men if its available.

Damn, why is the good stuff so hard to get these days?!

you just can't go wrong with Dior Homme.

Armani Mania would be a great choice
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Basenotes Institution

Either Rochas Man or Body Kouros should be fine - wear both and buy the one you like the best. I personally don't like something about The Dreamer...it's got that weird flinty note to it, that gets a little irritating.

Body Kouros is great.....100% recommend it.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Either Rochas Man or Body Kouros should be fine - wear both and buy the one you like the best. I personally don't like something about The Dreamer...it's got that weird flinty note to it, that gets a little irritating.
    Yea.. I tried The Dreamer at Sephora and it's not for me. Still looking around for Body Kouros and Rochas man though.

Good call on the Dreamer - I don't think it fits the bill here. I have BK and that one could serve you well. As noted, I think Dior Homme might have a tad too much maturity for you. Code was a good suggestion. I think you should try Bulgari Black.
    Last edited by laroche; 21st January 2009 at 06:16 AM.