Code of Conduct

Default Armani Privé Oranger Alhambra question

I have tested this twice and I seem to get a decent similarity to Armani Eau Pour Homme. Has anyone else tried this scent and do you get the similarity I seem to pick up to Eau Pour Homme?

I like it alot.

Default Re: Armani Privé Oranger Alhambra question

Howdy. I love both scents.
    I find Armani to be an excellent citrus-fougere, in that I get great lemony top notes and then good herbal and moss notes in the base.
    Oranger Alhambra is a superb and lovely neroli-driven scent. For me, the smell of the orange blossoms is distinctive and very different from the lemony citrus in the Armani.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

How was your longevity with OA? I got pretty decent longevity myself.

Armani Eau Pour Homme is amazing, and I am thinking OA maybe be a birthday purchase for me in mid February and my first purchase of 2009.

I get pretty good longevity, about 6 hours. Although it wears quite close to the skin for the last few. It's one of my daytime faves of late. Very classic feel to this one.

I have not tried Eau pour homme so I cannot comment on it.

Basenotes Institution

J_w_s - your comparisons between Eau Pour Homme and Oranger Alhambra are confusing me.

What 'parts' of them resemble each other, to your nose? I think they're so different...

The first time I tested this in Saks, I immediately thought the drydown was a distinct similarity to Eau Pour Homme; The top maybe Neroli Sauvage.

As to the details (notes), I really can't say...it was just the immediate and strong connection that I made.
    Maybe even more suspicious, is that both are Armani frags too.

I am glad to hear that others aren't seeing the connection I get though. I plan on testing it again in February.

This reminds me of Acqua di Parma's Colonia a little bit.....I really Love all of the Prive's.....The Rose Alexander and the Jasmine are the only 2 that I do not have.....I do Love this line.
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

Testing this today - what a wonderful neroli based fragrance. I expected to not like it (I mean how many different neroli scents can one like before you start to get a little bored of them?) but this scent easily seduces.

It's amazing since the accord is so reminiscent of eaux colognes type of fragrances, but the longevity is of an EdT, EdP. I think it easily surpasses Neroli Portofino in this department.

I would love to compare the Czech & Speake Neroli (a neroli I admire greatly) to this one.

Thanks Futami!

I don't recall getting much neroli from it...I found it almost like a rehash of Chanel Pour Monsieur. Lots of citrus, then oakmoss in the drydown.

It also reminded me a lot of AdP Colonia and Colonia Assoluta.

Longevity was poor on my skin as is the case with most citrus fragrances, but it's a gorgeous scent.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    This reminds me of Acqua di Parma's Colonia a little bit.....I really Love all of the Prive's.....The Rose Alexander and the Jasmine are the only 2 that I do not have.....I do Love this line.
    Gary