Code of Conduct

Default Suggestion for a 25 years old bartender....

Hello everybody i would like to suggest me some fragrances from creed or comme des garcons..

Default Re: Suggestion for a 25 years old bartender....

Creed's Baie de Geneivre (sp?) would be my off the cuff recommendation, as the juniper note makes me think of gin.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Bar Tender at a nightclub - Creed Original Santal, friendly casual scent with pretty good sillage and projection

Bar tender at a smokey bar/pub - CDG Man2, a cologne for a man's man, a good tobacco scent

Bar tender at a lounge - Creed's Millesime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water. Both scents are widely appealing, however they do lack in projection, sillage, longevity...

However...

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian would be my ultimate suggestion for a bartender though...rum rum RUM! It's a sweet, but not overly sweet fragrance with a rum note complimented by patchouli

Do you want to smell better than your clients? :-)

CdG has so many different fragrances.... what style are you looking for?

As mentioned, CdG2 Man is both good and not that pricey. If you want to drop a little cash (which you apparently do b/c you'd buy Creed), Monocle Scent One: Hinoki is fantastic (wood!). For some inexpensive colognes, CdG has a 'cologne series' of Vetiveru, Citrico, and Anbar (vetiver, citrus, and amber - all $52 for 125ml). Also, from the 'Red' series, Sequoia is great, and if you like incense try Avignon from the incense series.

As far as Creed goes, you'll probably get many of the same suggestions (GIT, SMW, etc.). I'd suggest you check out some of the more obscure ones like Royal Scottish Lavender, Royal English Leather, Epicea, Erolfa, Bois de Cedrat, or Chevrefuille. If you're a little daring, Vanisia is a great fragrance from Creed.

for cdg do not miss kyoto and sequoia

there are times when i feel scents by Hugo Boss are the best for such situations...for eg. Dark Blue or Energise

Quote Originally Posted by ttcarlo View Post
    for cdg do not miss kyoto and sequoia
    I agree. These are my two favorites from Comme des Garcon. Something you will have to look into is not so much the sillage as much as the power of the scent. You need something strong to reach the other side of the bar. You are not exactly walking around next to your customers so something that projects well would do just fine. For that I would suggest you stick with Creed. They are generally very powerful.

I liked the suggestions for Original Santal and I second that choice. I could work. Might as well try them out. Ask for samples and wear then on different nights/days at work to see how they smell.

Talking Re: Suggestion for a 25 years old bartender....

Demeter GIN&TONIC

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    Bar Tender at a nightclub - Creed Original Santal, friendly casual scent with pretty good sillage and projection

Bar tender at a smokey bar/pub - CDG Man2, a cologne for a man's man, a good tobacco scent

Bar tender at a lounge - Creed's Millesime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water. Both scents are widely appealing, however they do lack in projection, sillage, longevity...

However...

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian would be my ultimate suggestion for a bartender though...rum rum RUM! It's a sweet, but not overly sweet fragrance with a rum note complimented by patchouli

I concur wholeheartedly with all of your choices, mcjra.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Being a bartender myself, I sometimes think my choice of fragrance can sometimes influence my amount of tips. I have to wear a uniform (black dress shirt, black slacks) and wearing a scent is one subtle way of showing my personality.

First, how do you dress for your job? What color shirt, etc? What kind of bar do you work in? What's your clientele?

I can give you some good recommendations-- but let me think about this a little more before I get back to you.

If we're going for the smell of liquor, there's always Infusion by Bombay Sapphire. It smells like Bombay Sapphire without the sharp gin alcohol smell..... really amazing. I got a bottle on eBay.

Besides laying off the booze, I'd suggest CdG Man2.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

In a bar?
    CDG Odeur 71.

But why should it be CDG or Creed...

Dirty English by Juicy Couture- smoky, slightly spicy and sexy

Paco Rabanne Black XS - sweet sensual and alluring
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I ended up selling my bottle of CdG 2Man. I loved the fragrance but it had absolutely no longevity on me at all. Avignon lasts a long time on me as does Vettiveru, which is surprising as it is an Eau de Cologne.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Try Moschino Uomo?
    D&G By Man for swap. About 5 to 10 ML.
    Currently wearing: Sun Men Fizz by Jil Sander

Escada Pour Homme has a cognac note and is an instant classic.

Thumbs up Re: Suggestion for a 25 years old bartender....

Quote Originally Posted by sniffman View Post
    Escada Pour Homme has a cognac note and is an instant classic.
    Thanks for the Compliment. (It's my S O T D))
    Last edited by Zerby; 10th July 2009 at 06:23 PM.