Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    Any comments on this one...Smelt it at Neimans..smelled awesome and rich..marketed for women especially the bottle..smells masculine to me...any comments thoughts on this..thanks
    Last edited by agml65; 16th January 2009 at 01:40 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    I have heard a few people from other forums refer to this one as very similar to YSL L'Homme.

  3. #3

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    very smiliar to YSL L'homme...much more depth to this one

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,625

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    My wife wears this from time to time.

  5. #5
    rogalal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, California
    Posts
    3,378
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    That's funny - for whatever reason, the salespeople at the Neiman Marcus in SF have really been pushing this lately. Same with the 10 Corso Como...

    I did buy it - it's beautiful.

    And I really personally don't get how it smells like YSL L'Homme. Quelques has musky roses as its top note and eventually dries to a sweet rosey vanilla-amber, while YSL, to me, smells like dried apricots and citrus on the top and dries to ginger. And the Quelques is really Old World niche-French in that is has sort of a "funk" to it, similar to a lot of the L'Artisan Perfumeur scents. It kind of smells like the rose perfume my grandmother used to wear, but mustier. Which sounds bad, but is actually really nice.

    And it really does last forever - one of those you can smell the next morning.

    When I wore it to work and had my coworkers tell me what they thought, they agreed that it definitely wasn't very masculine. But that it wasn't specifically feminine either - it was just so beautiful and different that it really didn't matter - it was a scent to be appreciated for its own qualities.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas (formerly Boston)
    Posts
    3,089

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    sounds like something I'd like to try! hint hint

  7. #7

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    the salesman at neimans is like the cheesiest used car salesman..

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,856

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    I have a sample of this that I've ignored for many months now. Reading this thread has me interested in smelling it now.

  9. #9
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried it this weekend. I was also at the Neiman's in SF, where an older guy was really giving this a hard sell. I think in SF, Neiman's is the only place that carries it, which is maybe why they try to push it (also, it retails for $200 there, so obviously they make a good commission on it).

    How many here have tried this, and what are your thoughts?

    I really enjoyed this. I'm not sure why it doesn't have more commentary here. It struck me as an almost unisex fragrance, a sweet floral that feels like a gourmand. I get a honeyed rose out of it, with some amber in the basenotes that brings a pleasant warmth to it.

    As a man, if you can rock Carnal Flower, you should be able to wear this one.

  10. #10

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    Bumping it again to say I really really like this one.
    I think a man can wear it.

    Ironically, I bought this at the Neiman's in San Francisco earlier this year! LOL. It's great stuff.

  11. #11

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    It's a beautiful herbal floral and can be used by men. Reminds me of Apres L'Ondee.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  12. #12

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    Well heck... I didn't realize this was for women. Totally sprays on masculine to me and my limited nose. The SA's know that I've bent that line before with Creed Royal Ceylan - it turns way masculine on me - so this was another.

    I just learned something new.

  13. #13

    Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

    Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    Any comments on this one...Smelt it at Neimans..smelled awesome and rich..marketed for women especially the bottle..smells masculine to me...any comments thoughts on this..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    That's funny - for whatever reason, the salespeople at the Neiman Marcus in SF have really been pushing this lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    the salesman at neimans is like the cheesiest used car salesman..
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried it this weekend. I was also at the Neiman's in SF, where an older guy was really giving this a hard sell. I think in SF, Neiman's is the only place that carries it, which is maybe why they try to push it (also, it retails for $200 there, so obviously they make a good commission on it).

    How many here have tried this, and what are your thoughts?

    I really enjoyed this. I'm not sure why it doesn't have more commentary here. It struck me as an almost unisex fragrance, a sweet floral that feels like a gourmand. I get a honeyed rose out of it, with some amber in the basenotes that brings a pleasant warmth to it.

    As a man, if you can rock Carnal Flower, you should be able to wear this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Bumping it again to say I really really like this one.
    I think a man can wear it.

    Ironically, I bought this at the Neiman's in San Francisco earlier this year! LOL. It's great stuff.
    Wow, good thing I searched before starting a new thread... I had the same exact experience at NM San Francisco recently. The SA was pushing it, and it was in the men's fragrances section... first thing I said to him was 'it smells really good, but are you sure this isn't a women's fragrance?' (yes, I know men can wear women's and I have no problem with that). He swore that it was a men's fragrance, but I wasn't convinced so he gave me a sample. Still haven't tried it yet but I guess I will soon!

    Surprised that this has been getting pushed at NM for so long and it still has such low visibility here... wonder what the deal is with the SF store specifically pushing it, but it was definitely one that stuck out for me among many that I was trying.
    Last edited by mjones602; 14th March 2014 at 08:15 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Houbigant Fougere Royale - a comeback?
    By Jardanel in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd December 2008, 12:36 PM
  2. Houbigant Fougere Royale -- a modern substitute?
    By noggs in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd August 2007, 04:47 PM
  3. Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant
    By Coconut in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th March 2007, 05:12 PM
  4. Quelques Fleurs Royale
    By carmezzo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th August 2005, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000