Code of Conduct

Default QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

Any comments on this one...Smelt it at Neimans..smelled awesome and rich..marketed for women especially the bottle..smells masculine to me...any comments thoughts on this..thanks
    Last edited by agml65; 16th January 2009 at 01:40 AM.

Default Re: QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE by Houbigant

I have heard a few people from other forums refer to this one as very similar to YSL L'Homme.

very smiliar to YSL L'homme...much more depth to this one

My wife wears this from time to time.

Blog Entries

That's funny - for whatever reason, the salespeople at the Neiman Marcus in SF have really been pushing this lately. Same with the 10 Corso Como...

I did buy it - it's beautiful.

And I really personally don't get how it smells like YSL L'Homme. Quelques has musky roses as its top note and eventually dries to a sweet rosey vanilla-amber, while YSL, to me, smells like dried apricots and citrus on the top and dries to ginger. And the Quelques is really Old World niche-French in that is has sort of a "funk" to it, similar to a lot of the L'Artisan Perfumeur scents. It kind of smells like the rose perfume my grandmother used to wear, but mustier. Which sounds bad, but is actually really nice.

And it really does last forever - one of those you can smell the next morning.

When I wore it to work and had my coworkers tell me what they thought, they agreed that it definitely wasn't very masculine. But that it wasn't specifically feminine either - it was just so beautiful and different that it really didn't matter - it was a scent to be appreciated for its own qualities.

sounds like something I'd like to try! hint hint

the salesman at neimans is like the cheesiest used car salesman..

Basenotes Institution

I have a sample of this that I've ignored for many months now. Reading this thread has me interested in smelling it now.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried it this weekend. I was also at the Neiman's in SF, where an older guy was really giving this a hard sell. I think in SF, Neiman's is the only place that carries it, which is maybe why they try to push it (also, it retails for $200 there, so obviously they make a good commission on it).

How many here have tried this, and what are your thoughts?

I really enjoyed this. I'm not sure why it doesn't have more commentary here. It struck me as an almost unisex fragrance, a sweet floral that feels like a gourmand. I get a honeyed rose out of it, with some amber in the basenotes that brings a pleasant warmth to it.

As a man, if you can rock Carnal Flower, you should be able to wear this one.

Bumping it again to say I really really like this one.
    I think a man can wear it.

Ironically, I bought this at the Neiman's in San Francisco earlier this year! LOL. It's great stuff.

It's a beautiful herbal floral and can be used by men. Reminds me of Apres L'Ondee.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Well heck... I didn't realize this was for women. Totally sprays on masculine to me and my limited nose. The SA's know that I've bent that line before with Creed Royal Ceylan - it turns way masculine on me - so this was another.

I just learned something new.

Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    Any comments on this one...Smelt it at Neimans..smelled awesome and rich..marketed for women especially the bottle..smells masculine to me...any comments thoughts on this..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    That's funny - for whatever reason, the salespeople at the Neiman Marcus in SF have really been pushing this lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    the salesman at neimans is like the cheesiest used car salesman..
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried it this weekend. I was also at the Neiman's in SF, where an older guy was really giving this a hard sell. I think in SF, Neiman's is the only place that carries it, which is maybe why they try to push it (also, it retails for $200 there, so obviously they make a good commission on it).

How many here have tried this, and what are your thoughts?

I really enjoyed this. I'm not sure why it doesn't have more commentary here. It struck me as an almost unisex fragrance, a sweet floral that feels like a gourmand. I get a honeyed rose out of it, with some amber in the basenotes that brings a pleasant warmth to it.

As a man, if you can rock Carnal Flower, you should be able to wear this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Bumping it again to say I really really like this one.
    I think a man can wear it.

Ironically, I bought this at the Neiman's in San Francisco earlier this year! LOL. It's great stuff.
    Wow, good thing I searched before starting a new thread... I had the same exact experience at NM San Francisco recently. The SA was pushing it, and it was in the men's fragrances section... first thing I said to him was 'it smells really good, but are you sure this isn't a women's fragrance?' (yes, I know men can wear women's and I have no problem with that). He swore that it was a men's fragrance, but I wasn't convinced so he gave me a sample. Still haven't tried it yet but I guess I will soon!

Surprised that this has been getting pushed at NM for so long and it still has such low visibility here... wonder what the deal is with the SF store specifically pushing it, but it was definitely one that stuck out for me among many that I was trying.
    Last edited by mjones602; 14th March 2014 at 08:15 AM.