Code of Conduct

Default Holy shit: Bijan For Men is a nuclear explosion!

I had the pleasure/misfortune of trying this one today. Holy batman, it is POTENT. I had to roll down my car window in freezing weather, and was embarrassed to be at the store, wondering if anyone is suffering from my nuclear smell.

Interestingly, this scent is totally in contrast with all the other modern Bijan scents I have tried, including Black, VIP, and Nude, which are very discreet and nothing like this Monster!

Default Re: Holy shit: Bijan For Men is a nuclear explosion!

It's only the top notes. After half an hour or so it's quite tame, though probably not for the aquatic guys even then.

Yes indeed, Bijan Man has unrelenting power, and must NEVER be overapplied. Four spritzes max for me. It's a true blue macho 80s powerhouse for sure, and quite unique. I can think of few if any fragrances that smell like it.

Bijan was one of the first powerscents I ever owned - I bought my first bottle back in 1994 when I first got into fragrances. I used to way overapply it, and within a couple of months I learned to hate it. It took a good 15 years until I rekindled my interest in this bomb, and I've since learned how to wear it properly. I now like it a lot.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Wow, Ive never seen a four letter word in a title for a thread. Must be powerful stuff.

I would only use one spray, just above the navel.

I remember seeing full page ads in Andy Warhol's Interview for Bijan handguns, back in the day (google it). Is it any wonder that Bijan's older fragrances are over the top?
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 2nd December 2010 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I would only use one spray, just above the navel.
    Work is 2 max for me -- and only if they're both under clothes. Out on the town is four: three under clothes and one on the back of the neck.

Bijan is not a toy!

And, yes, all the flankers are much tamer. I like them all, but they pale in comparison to the power of the master.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

very powerful fragrance. alot of important people wear it (presidents, actors, ect.) becuase bijan suits are one of the most exclusive selections in the world.

Being persian, i grew up smelling this, as pretty much every persian man 45 and over rocked this.

This, along with Ralph Lauren Safari, are my dads fragrances

This is the only fragrance I've come across that can fry your brain just by smelling the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Being persian, i grew up smelling this, as pretty much every persian man 45 and over rocked this.
    Interesting cultural detail!
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Yes indeed, Bijan Man has unrelenting power, and must NEVER be overapplied. Four spritzes max for me. It's a true blue macho 80s powerhouse for sure, and quite unique. I can think of few if any fragrances that smell like it.

Bijan was one of the first powerscents I ever owned - I bought my first bottle back in 1994 when I first got into fragrances. I used to way overapply it, and within a couple of months I learned to hate it. It took a good 15 years until I rekindled my interest in this bomb, and I've since learned how to wear it properly. I now like it a lot.
    I would really like to know those few fragrances which smell like Bijan for Men.

Can anyone please give me more names of frag which give that warm and mysterious drydown of bijan for men.The key is WARM and WOODY FEEL like BIJAN FOR MEN.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I used to think it was the worst fragrance ever until I smelled Montale Boise Vanille.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I used to think it was the worst fragrance ever until I smelled Montale Boise Vanille.
    Hey!!!

Boise Vanille is awesome. When i received my Black Oud, they came with a portfolio of other montale fragrances, and some papers with perfumes applied on then. Boisee Vanille is one of the best that came from that.

The worst is Aoud Leather, OMG i felt smoked!

Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    I would really like to know those few fragrances which smell like Bijan for Men.

Can anyone please give me more names of frag which give that warm and mysterious drydown of bijan for men.The key is WARM and WOODY FEEL like BIJAN FOR MEN.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    its unique , so comparing it with other frags will be difficult .

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    this is the only fragrance i've come across that can fry your brain just by smelling the cap.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    its unique , so comparing it with other frags will be difficult .
    Thanks for your help.
    Still looking for something which has that Warm and Woody feel everytime I wear Bijan for Men.

AromiErotici

I haven't come across any scent that is truly similar. Everything but the kitchen sink is in this one and the patchouli has roid rage.

fountain

one spritz is enough.

Has anyone ever tried Bijan Light for men? I don't see it in the Basenotes directory.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Bijan...og&sa=N&tab=wf

Wait...n00b question here...which Bijan is "Bijan for Men"? There's black, classic, nude and so on, but no fragrance that says "Bijan for Men" verbatim.

It could have been great but it's a little hard, synthetic and cologney. Usually due to cheap ingredients.

I wear it occasionally but I usually just spray it in the air to get a whiff. It's a little cheap.

They had the right idea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck View Post
    Wait...n00b question here...which Bijan is "Bijan for Men"? There's black, classic, nude and so on, but no fragrance that says "Bijan for Men" verbatim.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120195.html

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Ahhh that one. I was going off of Bijan's website.