Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Central Florida (Orlando) Basenotes Sniffathon - POSTPONED

Hello everyone in the Central Florida area.

I was thinking of organizing an Orlando Basenotes "sniffathon" next Saturday, 1/17/09. Maybe go to Mall at Millenia, Florida Mall and/or any other places someone may suggest.

I can organize a car pool from Tampa.

If you are interested in meeting up, let me know.

Thanks,

Joe
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th January 2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Central Florida (Orlando) Basenotes Sniffathon - Saturday, 1/17/09

^^ Awesome idea Petruccijc, to bad I don't live in Florida... but if you decide to do one ever for NYC, I'm down bro.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

I was just there in the area for the Orlando Magic - Miami Heat game at Amway arena and stopped by Florida Mall...have fun people.
    -

I wish I were in Florida right now!!! We have to organize one when I'm in town perhaps in the summer Have fun Joe!

I'm interested.

What would you like to smell?

The Mall at Millenia probably has the largest selection.

Oh, to be back in Winter Park...I'll see if I can make it.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Newbie question: What does a "sniffathon" do ?

Sounds good. I'll request that day off from work.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingleaves View Post
    I'm interested.

What would you like to smell?

The Mall at Millenia probably has the largest selection.
    Millenia has the Neiman (Guerlain, Creed, Jo Malone, etc), Chanel boutique with Les Exclusifs, and Bloomingdales with Miller Harris and others.

Florida Mall has Saks (Clive Christian, Armani Privé, Bond 9, Mugler, etc), Dillards (Bois 1920 plus all your designers, etc), Sephora (lots and lots).

Both have a bunch of specialty stores like L'Occitane, Body Shop, etc so either one would be a good choice! Honestly, they're not very far from each other either. (and Florida mall has the huge M&M store... just sayin.)

Hi,

This is the day I arrive Iin Orlando for my next vacation, getting there at 4.00pm!! Sounds like I will just miss out, but as I will be saving my spending spree until later on in the year when I return in September, I will only have the pennies for one or two reasonable priced fragrancess if I get the chance this time around.

You might want to check out Etro store at the Orlando Premium Outlets, as I believe they now have the complete fragrance range and matching bath products. The Brooks Brothers store there also sells their range of fragrances, and perhaps the Donna Karan store has the classic Fuel For Men to try?

Let me know what time you are going to be in Orlando to, just in the off chance I can catch up a little, as it would be nice to meet up with some fellow Basenoters, if not have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by abc1234 View Post
    Newbie question: What does a "sniffathon" do ?
    It's an event where members living close by each other go to the local "malls" and sample fragrances they would like to try, see what's new, drink Starbucks and generally harass the SA's. I'ts great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    You might want to check out Etro store at the Orlando Premium Outlets, as I believe they now have the complete fragrance range and matching bath products.
    I just ran over there at lunch and sadly, they don't have the fragrance line yet. The guy there said they were slated to have the whole line, plus candles, etc eventually but he didn't know when they expected them. Too bad though - I was totally ready for an impulse buy.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Please take and post some snapshots of your group. Vicarious thrills appreciated!
    Last edited by Quarry; 12th January 2009 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I just ran over there at lunch and sadly, they don't have the fragrance line yet. The guy there said they were slated to have the whole line, plus candles, etc eventually but he didn't know when they expected them. Too bad though - I was totally ready for an impulse buy.
    Damn, that's one option out the window for my take home fragrance! When I waslastover in September they said they expected the fragrance line in store by November. Guess that has been delayed.

I enjoy checking out the fragrances at Millennia and Florida Malls too, plenty of nice fragrances to try!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Millenia has the Neiman (Guerlain, Creed, Jo Malone, etc), Chanel boutique with Les Exclusifs, and Bloomingdales with Miller Harris and others.

Florida Mall has Saks (Clive Christian, Armani Privé, Bond 9, Mugler, etc), Dillards (Bois 1920 plus all your designers, etc), Sephora (lots and lots).

Both have a bunch of specialty stores like L'Occitane, Body Shop, etc so either one would be a good choice! Honestly, they're not very far from each other either. (and Florida mall has the huge M&M store... just sayin.)
    I agree....either mall is fine. FL Mall has more variety overall, while Millenia has more of the niche stuff.

Sur la Plage

OK. So far I have:

From Tampa -

petruccijc
    silverbullet
    mekanic (maybe)

From Orlando -

knightowl
    whisperingleaves
    LeeScot (maybe)
    jrd4t (?)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Central Florida (Orlando) Basenotes Sniffathon - POSTPONED

Our friend silverbullet is a little under the weather. So it looks like we will have to postpone our get together until another weekend.

I hope to see everyone soon!

Get well soon Jack.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th January 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Our friend silverbullet is a little under the weather. So it looks like we will have to postpone our get together until another weekend.

I hope to see everyone soon!
    Under the weather? I'm dying I'll be better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Under the weather? I'm dying I'll be better soon.
    Get well soon! Remember to drink (and spritz) plenty of liquids.

Hope you feel better soon silverbullet.

Get well my friend!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Get well soon Samurai Silverbullet!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

AromiErotici

Keep that chin up Jack. You'll be good to go in no time bro.