Code of Conduct

Default Which version of Kouros is this one?

Is it listed in the directory?
    http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/2a/d3/d50a_12.JPG
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: Which version of Kouros is this one?

There seem to be two versions.

The one in your post is Kouros Eau de Toilette Tonique/Energizing Eau de Toilette (2008), released in April 2008 according to

www. frontiermagazine. co.uk/product/Kouros-Tonique-53.html

***I have added spaces in the web address so as not to hotlink.***

See Osmoz.com for notes:

http:// www. osmoz.fr/ Parfums/Marques-de-couturiers/Yves-Saint-Laurent/Kouros-Eau-de-Toilette-Tonique

There is also Kouros Tattoo Collector Eau de Toilette Tonique/Energizing Eau de Toilette edition, which seems to have come earlier at least if the U.S. website Bonparfum.com is to be trusted. Right under the photo it is claimed that "This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 30 September, 2007."

http:// www. bonparfum.com/kouros-tattoo-toilette-tonique-100ml-p-888.html?language=en

You will notice the bottle and the box are different:

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

I hope all this helps. The number of Kouros flankers is mind boggling.

Best regards,

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 19th January 2009 at 04:19 AM.

Thank's!
    According to this site (suggested by a fellow Basenoter,is that you ?),there are twelve YSL products carrying the name Kouros.Confusing indeed...
    http://www.parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&id=156

The Kouros genealogy goes something like this:

1981: Kouros
    1986: Kouros Eau de Sport
    1993: Kouros Fraîcheur
    2002: Kouros Eau d’Été (original Eau d’Été release)
    2003: Kouros Cologne Sport
    2004: Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d’Été
    2005: Kouros Eau d’Été (2005 limited release reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2006: Kouros Eau d’Été (2006 limited release reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2007: Kouros Tattoo
    2007: Kouros Tattoo Collector EDT Tonique
    2008: Kouros Tattoo EDT Tonique

I know the Cologne Sport and the Eau d’Été editions have been regularly released as limited release editions, so there might be more than the number listed above. It's truly mind boggling.

Yes, I am one of the Basenoters who has frequently recommended www.parfyym.pri.ee, a far better, more carefully organized, more comprehensive and easier to navigate directory than the Basenotes directory, fortunately and unfortunately.

Incidentally,
    www.parfyym.pri.ee is wrong about the release date of the original Kouros flanker Kouros Eau de Sport. It was released in 1986, not 1990.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 19th January 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Are there then two different edition of Tattoo (2007,2008) ?Every bottle found online seems to be like the one you provided above...
    Thank's again!

The bottle looks like the new Tonique version.

I think I found a new fragrance and its flankers to collect. That's a lot of flankers.

I was looking forward to buying the 2007 Tattoo flanker based on the positive reviews here. Now I wonder if the other two later tattoo flankers are just as good. I also don't know which flankers my local shop is carrying. I did see the tattooo words on the box but didn't realized until now that there were actually three variations. Oh, so confusing.

Interesting thread...I tried to collect all the Kouros versions, but gave up when i discovered there were some I probably will never be able to get (Eau de Sport for example).

Who else is interested in collecting flankers and why? For me it is just to try 'em all and see 'em all.

If anyone else is interested, do check out Ck One (16, soon to be 18 versions!!!!)
    And...Cool Water...I believe 12 versions. Insane isn't it?

BTW: xmen, all the Tattoo versions of Kouros are exactly the same juice...a lighter, less acoholic version of the original.
    Last edited by Andrewthecologneguy; 3rd February 2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Ah...tks, Andrewthecologneguy. I did try Tattoo Kouros on my skin and was a little disappointed. In fact, of the flankers, I like the Sport Cologne better as if still retains some semblance to the original. And that should be the spirit of all flankers- to be different yet still readily recalls the original. I dislike flanker that smells totally different (example would be Dior Homme Sport).

I share the same sentiment about being dissapointed. The original is such a 'WOW' that anything else pales in comparison. But then I discovered that the original can become too much...this is where the Tattoo version comes in. Just enough of the original to identify it as a sibling, but with none of the badboyness that makes the original really stand out.
    Have you had a chance to try the d'Ete and the Fraichur versions?
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

In fact before reading your reply, I bought a bottle of Kouros Cologne Sport today. A little minty, too light-weight and toned down way too much to my liking. But I like the bottle- that's why I bought it! lol.

BUT after reading the mostly positive reviews of the Fraichur version, I might want to get this one. I don't recall seeing the Fraichur here in Singapore though. The Eau D'te version is available here. Tried it and not so keen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    The Kouros genealogy goes something like this:

1981: Kouros
    1986: Kouros Eau de Sport
    1993: Kouros Fraîcheur
    2002: Kouros Eau d’Été (original Eau d’Été release)
    2003: Kouros Cologne Sport
    2004: Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d’Été
    2005: Kouros Eau d’Été (2005 limited release reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2006: Kouros Eau d’Été (2006 limited release reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2007: Kouros Tattoo
    2007: Kouros Tattoo Collector EDT Tonique
    2008: Kouros Tattoo EDT Tonique

I know the Cologne Sport and the Eau d’Été editions have been regularly released as limited release editions, so there might be more than the number listed above. It's truly mind boggling.

Yes, I am one of the Basenoters who has frequently recommended www.parfyym.pri.ee, a far better, more carefully organized, more comprehensive and easier to navigate directory than the Basenotes directory, fortunately and unfortunately.

Incidentally,
    www.parfyym.pri.ee is wrong about the release date of the original Kouros flanker Kouros Eau de Sport. It was released in 1986, not 1990.

scentemental

I know this thread is probably dead by now, but indulge me to beat a dead horse...

Scentemental, help me out here...I thought there was only one Tattoo version, all the boxes read "Tattoo Collector" but the bottles only say "Eau de Toilette Tonique". I can't find any other Tattoo version other than what I just mentioned. That said, I think the proper geneaology is:

Kouros
    Kouros Eau de Sport (good luck finding this one!)
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Kouros Summer (first Eau d'Ete, on the bottle, Korous is written with a line on top of it)
    Kouros Cologne Sport (is this a different juice than Eau de Sport? No reviews on BN)
    Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d'Ete (more woody to my nose, still has the civet)
    Kouros Eau d'Ete 2005
    Kouros Eau d'Ete 2006 (same notes as 2005, except Franckicense is replaced with Musk)
    Kouros Tattoo Collector
    Kouros Energizing (summer version for 2008)

Yes, I am trying to collect them all, in case you are wondering. I will let you know when I have them all. Don't forget Body Kouros...
    Last edited by Andrewthecologneguy; 17th February 2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: sp
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW