Code of Conduct

Default Desir pour Homme or Lui Rochas

I`m new to Rochas fragrances, becouse it`s difficult to find here. The only one i have tried is Rochas man, but i did not like it much. It reminded me of confectionary candy.
    But i`m courious about Lui and Desir. Lui have got some great reviews. Is it casual? Formal? summer/winter? And the most importent to me: Is it uniqe and original?
    I have also read that Desir pour homme contains orange and greapfruit..Does it have eny similarityes with Terre D`Hermčs that also got this ingredients?

Which of them would you recomend?

Default Re: Desir pour Homme or Lui Rochas

Desir. Desir. Desir. Desir and then.... er..... Desir.

No it's nothing like Terre.

Desir gets more compliments than almost any fragrance I have ever worn. Women love it. Honestly.

After a fairly luke-warm response by the Basenotes community Desir is becoming something of a cult classic. And very difficult to find. I can't find the bigger bottles of it anywhere.

Lui is nice though - but given the choice? Desir every time.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Desir. Desir. Desir. Desir and then.... er..... Desir.

No it's nothing like Terre.

Desir gets more compliments than almost any fragrance I have ever worn. Women love it. Honestly.

After a fairly luke-warm response by the Basenotes community Desir is becoming something of a cult classic. And very difficult to find. I can't find the bigger bottles of it anywhere.

Lui is nice though - but given the choice? Desir every time.
    Already a cult-classic? After 2 years?

Desir is nothing special
    i bought it but dont want to wear it since its mediocore
    i have tons better ones
    i ll sell it if so wants

Ok Crunkjuice.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But you may have "tons of better ones" - I have maybe 100 bottles of fragrance myself.

I have many "classics" I have many niche fragrances.

But the one thing remains true. I get more compliments wearing Desir than any other fragrance I wear.

You may think it's mediocre, women don't seem to.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

if u are sure that this is orginal Desir not any fake take Desir, its not available in poland ive owned once a sample and its great scent
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

i donīt know Desir pour homme but my blind buy Rochas lui.

Lui isnīt similar to TdH. It is finer & warmer, very woody (especially Cedarwood - similar to TdH but they smell different here) with Neroli & Patchouli. Similar to Gucci PH which is dryer (Encre Noir from Lalique should be also similar to GucciPH ). If you can smell Gucci it would help you. I am using Lui not as every day frag like TdH or Rive Gauche PH. Lui is really fine. Not Casual. More Formal. Itīs very nice with a suit. I like the mix of old and new. Couldnīt smell it here on anyone else till now :--)

Itīs not as masculine as described below:

"Lui, the new men's fragrance from French brand Rochas…is yet another testimonial to the move away from the watery, citrusy scents of recent years towards classic, strong and instantly recognisable fragrances. "Lui is for a man who wants to be a man. It is fresh and woody with amber notes, certainly not an all-purpose fragrance," said a Rochas spokesperson." (7/18/2003)
    Last edited by sanatik; 19th January 2009 at 10:02 AM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

both the scents are unique and different enough. so a comparison is not possible.

if you are looking for somethin strong, rusty floral (neroli - think of neroli as withered flower of jasmine) with a ink like note and woody elements done in a very oriental fashion then Lui is for you..it;s very modern and i havent come across any scent that quite smells like it.

Desir open with a mouth watering, smooth note of chocolate...which then switches to woody, boozy accord which then turns a bit powdery with a classic note of unlit cigar. it's classy, modern, smooth as butter and definitely sexy.

you cant go wrong with either. (your)nose will tell...
    Last edited by jenson; 19th January 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    i donīt know Desir pour homme but my blind buy Rochas lui.

Lui isnīt similar to TdH. It is finer & warmer, very woody (especially Cedarwood - similar to TdH but they smell different here) with Neroli & Patchouli. Similar to Gucci PH which is dryer (Encre Noir from Lalique should be also similar to GucciPH ). If you can smell Gucci it would help you. I am using Lui not as every day frag like TdH or Rive Gauche PH. Lui is really fine. Not Casual. More Formal. Itīs very nice with a suit. I like the mix of old and new. Couldnīt smell it here on anyone else till now :--)

Itīs not as masculine as described below:

"Lui, the new men's fragrance from French brand Rochas…is yet another testimonial to the move away from the watery, citrusy scents of recent years towards classic, strong and instantly recognisable fragrances. "Lui is for a man who wants to be a man. It is fresh and woody with amber notes, certainly not an all-purpose fragrance," said a Rochas spokesperson." (7/18/2003)
    Well, i don`t like Gucci Pour Homme, but i like Gucci pour Homme II.

I have read in some reviews here that Desir containes some chocolate-notes.. Is it comparable with f.ex. L`Instant, Roschas Man, and A* Men?