Code of Conduct

Default CDG 2MAN vs Gucci Pour Homme

2 MAN vs GPH

Which do you prefer and why?

Which have you found has better longevity?

Default Re: CDG 2MAN vs Gucci Pour Homme

I'd go with 2 man. The Gucci is much drier en woodier, while 2Man has some more incense. It seems to me more refined and elegant. The Gucci is a blast of cedar I am not comfortable wearing. It lasts much longer though.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I prefer 2 Man. The Gucci smells too catholic, while the CDG feels more like asian incense. Can't really comment on which lasts longer.

Both have an incense feeling about them - incense of wood (GPH) vs. incense of earth (CdG2 Man). Both have a magical opening that absorbs and disolves the senses upon first contact - probably iso e super. Gucci ph is more dry incense of spice woods and 2 Man is an incense of vetiver earth. It's a tie for me! Like them both equally.

So different but if forced to choose I wd certainly go with Gucci Pour Homme because it has the best longevity of any incense frag that I've tried. To me it balances liturgical incense with pine smoke in a way that brings out the best associations in each.

Basenotes Institution

Everyone should own both of these scents, once in their life. I owned GPH and now I own 2M.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    So different but if forced to choose I wd certainly go with Gucci Pour Homme because it has the best longevity of any incense frag that I've tried. To me it balances liturgical incense with pine smoke in a way that brings out the best associations in each.
    I agree with that. In addtionan GPH simply SMELLS better, though I may be in the minority here. May have something to do with the fact that it's my SOTD, and I'm enconsed in its wonderfulness.

I prefer Gucci pour homme because it's more warm than Man2, on my skin: but the drydown it's not much good on me (it fades quickly). I think that CdG has a cold smell of incense: great but a little salty (on me).
    For me, the best incense fragrace is Armani's Bois d'encens. It's also the most expensive... unfortunately