Code of Conduct

Default Canali Black Diamond

So...Let's talk about Canali Black Diamond..Anyone tried it owns it? I own a big sample of it and find it to be quite nice...Good leather, little sweetness...I see it as a modern gentleman fragrance and very masculine and elegant...Something that goes perfectly with a suite, but great for dates and nights out too...
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Default Re: Canali Black Diamond

I like this one as well, but unfortunately when it enters the drydown it kinda falls apart into a very synthetic mess which is a lot less pleasant than the top and mid notes which are excellent. I need to do some more testing but so far the few wearings I've done have been pretty much the same - great opening, original and pleasant mid phase and then the same banal and generic synthetic drydown, very anti-clamactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    I like this one as well, but unfortunately when it enters the drydown it kinda falls apart into a very synthetic mess which is a lot less pleasant than the top and mid notes which are excellent.

I own a FB as well and concur with Igor01 on the drydown issue..too bad.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

That's disappointing to hear. I like the original Canali and was looking forward to testing out Black Diamond but hearing about the very synthetic drydown is making me rethink that. I'm finding that as I check out more frags (been bitten by the bug after lurking here for the past couple of months) I'm losing interest in much of the mainstream frags I used to wear.

Yes, according to the previous comments great beginning, lame drydown. That's why I just tried it more times, but didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    I like this one as well, but unfortunately when it enters the drydown it kinda falls apart into a very synthetic mess which is a lot less pleasant than the top and mid notes which are excellent.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one. Love the tops notes though.

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    Forgettable.
    Yet you remember what it was like

For me, its a velvety Prada Amber Pour Homme. I like this one, but had the same problem as posted above: It seems to be extremely synthetic, like a soapy rubber some times.
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Blog Entries

tried this today.....got no leather out of it.....i thought this stuff was very generic....did nothing for me! smelled like every other designer scent out there

AromiErotici

I used to own this. It was okay, but that was it....and for an EDP, the longevity and sillage wasn't up to par with others in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Yet you remember what it was like
    Hahaha. I remember that it's boring such that I forgot. Thereby being unforgettable.