Code of Conduct

Default "Unique/Bewildering" fragrances you would never expect to encounter in public?

If there was one fragrance you would never expect to encounter in public ever, what would it be. Could be a pleasant or horrifying surprise.

Default Re: "Unique/Bewildering" fragrances you would never expect to encounter in public?

A forgotten - old school - difficult - to - find scent: for men, I am thinking about Moustache or Dunhill (1934). In the case of women, Diorella - these are impossible to find down here.

It would be a pleasant experience since it would mean this person knows about scents.

Default Re: "Unique/Bewildering" fragrances you would never expect to encounter in public?

I walked by a bloke today and he smelled like burnt Sh**. I asked him what he was wearing. He said Knize Ten. I asked him did he belong to Basenotes and he said no.

Would love to catch a whiff of R de Capucci. I personally love the frag but have never smelled it on anyone else. It is indeed unique and extremely interesting.

I'm always baffled by people who talk about tons of women wearing Carnal Flower. Where are these women and why can't they be my neighbours?

I think I'd be very surprised by CdG Garage on anyone who's not a Basenoter.

Etro Messe De Minuit and Etro Anice. I've sampled them and liked them, but but I can't get myself to see how they can be worn in public.
    Last edited by MikeFromManhattan; 19th January 2009 at 03:07 AM.

Basenotes Institution

DustB started a thread about this subject, when he wore Yatagan by Caron and mentioned:

'Yatagan is very interesting and a great smell, but second and most important, Yatagan is so different from what most people smell. Yatagan isn't on even as many as 1 in 1000 men, maybe not even 1 in 10,000. So it's a categorically different smell from Biff, Bobby, and Dick getting ready for a night out. Yatagan is so different it doesn't call mockable images into people's minds...'

So, I'm gonna agree with him and say Yatagan. I never smell it on anyone in Miami.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 19th January 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ... So, I'm gonna agree with him and say Yatagan. I never smell it on anyone in Miami.
    Mike, what do most men use over there? The same as everywhere? Or the big presence of hispanics and / or the weather makes things different?

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I walked by a bloke today and he smelled like burnt Sh**. I asked him what he was wearing. He said Knize Ten. I asked him did he belong to Basenotes and he said no.

ROFL .Good thing he's not on BN, there's already enough Knize lovers on here who probably resent that comment!
    Sales thread here

SL Serge Noire - I dab this one, never spray, otherwise my co-workers would be upset. I have never smelled this on anybody else I know.
    CdG Avignon. I am making an effort to wear this in public.

I was at my local Walmart the other day, and noticed a distinct blast of Bond no. 9 Wall Street in the detergents aisle. Later I came to know via my wife that someone had spray tested Febreze Meadows & Rain - I tried it out and it did smell like Wall Street!

Sure, Wall Street isn't the most unique fragrance, but I thought it was interesting that a Febreze product would be making using of a somewhat similar scent ..
    -