Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I don't find the EDT I want

Give Loewe Solo a try,or /and Lalique White.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    I like the first two of those three, but as the OP doesn't like citrus, he probably might just stay away from your suggestions But I still think Infusion d'Homme would be a promising one, because while there is neroli in it, it doesn't come across as a normal citrus scent because of the iris, which creates a VERY noticable floral dimension on my skin.
    Oh c'mon fakepurseninja,
    none of these are plain citrus scents (I myself am not a big fan of pure citruses). In fact all of them have citrus blended so to create a very floral/soapy vibe rather than being just citrussy. And after all neroli is a flower, of course of an orange tree, but still a flower

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Oh c'mon fakepurseninja,
    none of these are plain citrus scents (I myself am not a big fan of pure citruses). In fact all of them have citrus blended so to create a very floral/soapy vibe rather than being just citrussy. And after all neroli is a flower, of course of an orange tree, but still a flower
    Well... yeah.

I m afraid the one scent (of the ones that I have tried) that fits the discreption is Domenico Caraceni Eau de Toilette ( http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...81&language=en) and it is a niche. Not terribly expensive. Several Montales would also qualify. And probably from the female scents Ralph Lauren Lauren.
    Last edited by cpk; 21st January 2009 at 12:45 PM.

If you don't mind an opening of citrus, Derring-Do for men by Ineke is worth checking out. It has a wonderfully light and ethereal magnolia heart note that has just enough woods supporting it to keep it from smelling feminine.

I know you haven't had luck with L'Artisans but I'm testing their newest today - Fleur de Liane - and it's still noticeable, with mild sillage, after 6 hours. It is a very dewy, lightly green floral that smells very true to real plants. It also has a grassy/green leaf accord that helps steer it clearly into the unisex category.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Dunhill for Men, made entirely out of flowers and has a powdery clean dry down, you may enjoy.
    'Anyone who lives within their means, suffers from a fatal lack of imagination" Oscar Wilde

Stephen, try L'Anarchiste, Prada Ambre pour homme ( soapy)
    etro SHAL NUR and etro MAGOT. O,.... DONT FORGET TO TRY COLOGNE BLACNDE of Dior

I second Derring Do

Thank you all for your replies.
    And what about Encre Noire's drydown?
    I'll be able to try this one and Original Musk very soon.