Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 January

Trying out vintage versus new l'Air du Temps.
    No surprise--I prefer the vintage.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

First off, positive visions for Chayarinna.

We know your feet are in good hands.

Let us know what you learn, tdi. We worry with you, Mom.
    Thanks for the European perspective, Wordbird. I'm amazed and pleased that skin color has become almost meaningless in the eyes of voters. I do love this land and our political foundation. If we citizens can get smart about managing our future environmentally, I will die a happy (and hopefully 100yo) woman.
    Love reading all your posts, but this morning, Lilybelle's was definitely worth the price of admission.
    Trying to figure out what scent to wear for the conference I speak at Saturday. I have no confidence in any of my dozen bottles or hundreds of samples. How does this happen? Keeping in mind I'll be handing out diffuser reeds soaked in Firefly, I should probably wear something simple. Will test drive Comme des Garcons Lily today to see if that will work.
    First off I want to know WHY not of the MD's I work with look like this??????

Second......Chaya! OUCH. I hope your surgery has gone well. I wish you a speedy recovery and plentiful Morphine or whatever the drug they choose to bestow on you ( Morphine is just my personal favorite

Third. I took daughter No.1 to the ENT and he says MAD (migraine associated dizziness) and prescribed some meds and we go back in 4 weeks. Hopefully he has diagnosed it appropriately. Thanks for all your well wishes. You guys are the best.

Fourt. Respritzed with Bulgari Black because I enjoyed it so much today!

Basenotes Institution

Sampling Estee Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia and I am in love with it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Morning Star

Morning: Ermenegildo Zegna Z Zegna Extreme
    Afternoon: Gucci Pour Homme
    Evening: Tom Ford Oud Wood

TDI - hopefully the meds work. Migranes are a beast.

And none of the docs I used to work with looked like that either. If only I could Photoshop my reality....

Damn Lilly - I get lots of stuff from Bal a Versailles, but not that.

Too bad I had already decided to retry YSL Yvresse this evening.
    Interesting Botrytisy note (does NOT smell like the Ginestet). A bit rotten. A bit overripe.
    My notes tell me this will dry down to something less daunting.

Shoulda gone with the Bal a Versailles.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Golden-green in Ivoire de Balmain. Perfect with my bone-white top.
    Last edited by soirdelune; 21st January 2009 at 09:48 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    [.

I'm home today in my comfiest old tattered sweats, crazy hair, and floating around in a cloud of Bal à Versailles eau de cologne, which was a blind buy yesterday. I'd tried the parfum, but never the eau de cologne. At the moment, this is hitting me as one funky skanky grande dame of a cootchie scent. I feel like I've been on the road backpacking for a month, taking the occasional sponge bath, having great sex, and semi-attempting to cover up/co-mingle all the odors with a French perfume. I'm rather reveling in this vision of myself today. Eventually, I will have to shower and dress and go out all sanitized for the outside world. I'm not sure what my SotD will be later, but I have a passel 'o samples to play with.

Be well everybody.
    Lilybelle, I'm a HUGE BaV fan, and I tend to wear it when I'm working at home alone. It always makes me feel that I've done something for which I'll eventually have to beg forgiveness....
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 21st January 2009 at 09:54 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I'm hospital-appointment twins with TDI's daughter (for same reasons too), though mine is tomorrow morning. (I hope they continue to monitor how she's doing on the meds and I really hope her condition improves and it won't be anything permanent or debilitating *hug*).

Whilst running errands today I sprayed Samsara from a tester. This has been reformulated, right? It smelled thin and synthetic. Some memory of the original seems to be there. Either that or it's my memory that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    Lilybelle, I'm a HUGE BaV fan, and I tend to wear it when I'm working at home alone. It always makes me feel that I've done something for which I'll eventually have to beg forgiveness....
    I completely understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008 View Post
    Got a bit worried when I applied the last of my Fleur Oriental sample because it didn't smell half as good on me as on previous wearings. Now after an hour it has dried down nicely, thank goodness!
    Me and another friend had this exact same thing with Fleur Oriental - it went "too much something" one time and was nearly headache inducing. I don't know what the something was - musky carnation? - but it was like a fog descending.

I am wearing TDC Bergamote, as I am bombed out with unpleasant work and needed a citrus lift!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 21st January 2009 at 11:14 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Le Labo Patchouli 24 today. Tonight will be Claudie Peirlot Mon Premier.

Bogart pour Homme

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

So In Love....Victoria's Secret
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

First off; Chaya, as always you are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the speediest of recoveries.

Jillsy; hoping you had a magnificent day, and will keep the celebration going.

Lian; Sending positive vibes to you and your family, and my your step-mother be well.

TDI; Good luck with the medication your daughter is starting, hopefully it will be the magic elixir. My dad suffered for many, many, years with migraines, and I felt so bad for how he suffered; dizziness, light sensitivity, nausea, noise, etc...
    I do hope your daughter will improve rapidly.

Well, today my scent was vintage Bandit, and I can still smell it so many hours later.
    Scent of the evening, after shower, will be Sikkim

Best of wishes to all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

SotD revised:

Side by side comparison of
    Versace Green Jeans
    and
    Montana Parfum d'Homme (red box) (reformulation)

Chanel No. 5 edp for me today.

Good evening, all! Mine was GENIE DES BOIS by Keiko Mecheri. Mmm...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finished up the day in Montana Parfum d'Homme
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

L'Artisan Parfumeur • PIMENT BRÛLANT

Vintage Soul that I bought at Marshall's. Bought completely unsniffed, but the price was right. Unremarkable at first, but after a couple of hours, quite pleasant. Long-lasting on me as well.

Hugs and warm wishes for everybody who needs them, especially those having surgery soon...

I have been feeling run down, so needed something citrus to energize me to day. Ended up wearing Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta...it really lasts in cooler weather, 10-12 hours later I could still smell the fougere drydown. Also today for the first time I noticed a bit of spicyness in the citrus opening. Lovely stuff!

I came home to more bottles and a boatload of samples from a generous BNer. Right now I am sampling:

Ava Luxe Amber Antique--woody patchouli amber with a slight burning plastic note (probably is a synthetic floral)

Ava Luxe Opoponax Intense--sweet resins and vanilla, but on me it sometimes smells like a vanillla cupcake with cherry frosting. Still, the best of the three I am sampling tonight.

Profumi di Firenze Ambra Nepal--I am learning that scents which have incense (such as an artificial burning incense note, not raw resin) takes on a cold metallic, almost ozonic quality on my skin. I think that is why some ambers which most think are warm and smoky end up smelling thin and "fresh" on me. Not always pleasant, and Ambra Nepal seems to be one of those. Thankfully that ozonic note fades after about 15 minutes.

EDIT to say--oh my, after that strange note fades from the Profumi, it smells gorgeous. Nix on the Opoponax Intense being the best. Ambra Nepal smells a bit like Profumum Ambra Aurea which I have already determined I can't afford (and I don't really need 100ml).
    Last edited by Asha; 22nd January 2009 at 04:35 AM.

Chaya, Lian, TDI, Jillsy, Potiron . . . and anyone else in need of good thoughts -- I am thinking of you!

SOTD is EL Private Collection. Sorry for the late post but this was the first chance I had to get online.