Code of Conduct

Default OMG!!! Did Somebody Say Free!

Hey Guys!! Have y'all heard about this? I didn't see anything on here about it, but I didn't do a really extensive search either lol. I just found out a few minutes ago. If I would have known earlier, I would have been out there today. Anyhoo, read on folks.......

In re Cosmetics Cases
    (Azizian, et al. v. Federated Department Stores, Inc., et al.,
    Docket No. 4:03-CV-03359-SBA)

(updated as of December 1, 2008)

As part of a class action settlement, $175 million worth of free cosmetics products will be distributed to members of the class (see below to determine whether you are a member of the class) for a maximum of seven days, while supplies last, on a first come, first served basis, beginning on January 20, 2009. No rainchecks will be issued. The products will be distributed at stores owned by the Retailer Defendants (see list immediately below).

The stores owned by the Retailer Defendants that will be participating in the settlement product distribution are the following:

Bergdorf Goodman

Bergner’s

Bloomingdale’s

Boston Store

Carson Pirie Scott

Dillard’s

Gottschalks

Herberger’s

Macy’s

Neiman Marcus

Nordstrom

Parisian

Saks Fifth Avenue

Younkers
    A class member will be eligible to receive, while supplies last, a maximum of ONE free cosmetics product from one of the Manufacturer Defendants from which he or she purchased Department Store Cosmetics1 during the class period, May 29, 1994 through July 16, 2003, from the list of products below. If a class member has only purchased products, during the class period, from one of the Manufacturer Defendants listed below, then that class member is only entitled to receive a free product from that Manufacturer Defendant. If a class member has purchased products, during the class period, from multiple Manufacturer Defendants, then that class member must choose the ONE free product he or she wishes to claim from one of those Manufacturer Defendants. Again, these products are only available while supplies last, and no rainchecks will be issued. If your store has run out of settlement products from the Manufacturer Defendant(s) from which you have previously purchased Department Store Cosmetics during the class period, then you may claim a product (again, while supplies last) from another Manufacturer Defendant.

The following is a list of the Manufacturer Defendants and their products that will be distributed, while supplies last, through the stores listed above:

Boucheron (USA) Ltd.:

Femme Eau de Toilette (1 ounce/30 ml)

Chanel, Inc.:

Coco Mademoiselle body lotion (3.4 fluid oz)

Christian Dior Perfumes, Inc.:

J’Adore Eau de Parfum (15 ml)

Clarins U.S.A., Inc. (customers will have a choice of ONE of two products, while supplies last):

Clarins Energizing Morning Cream (30 ml) OR

Clarins Beauty Flash Bomb (30 ml)

Conopco, Inc. (distributed by Coty, Inc. on behalf of Conopco, Inc.) (customers will have a choice of ONE of three products, while supplies last):

Calvin Klein Euphoria Bath and Shower Crème (6.7 oz)

OR

Vera Wang Princess Body Polish (5 oz)

OR

Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker Shower Gel (6.7 oz)

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (customers will have a choice of ONE of two products, while supplies last):

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (15 ml/0.5 oz)

OR

Clinique Moisture Surge (30 ml/1 oz)

Guerlain, Inc.:

My Insolence Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

L’Oréal USA, Inc. (formerly known as Cosmair, Inc.) (customers will have a choice of ONE of eight products, while supplies last):

Lancôme UV Expert 20

OR

Lancôme Cils Design Pro Mascara

OR

Lancôme Fatale Mascara

OR

Lancôme Courbe Virtuose Mascara

OR

Lancôme Primordial Skin Defense

OR

Ralph Lauren Romance Shower Gel (6.7 oz.)

OR

Giorgio Armani ACM Shower Gel (6.7 oz)

OR

Lancôme Hypnôse Shower Gel

Parfums Givenchy, Inc.:

Very Irresistible Givenchy Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

These are the only products that will be distributed, while supplies last, as part of the settlement product distribution. Not all products are available in all stores; rather, stores will be distributing products from the participating brands that the particular store ordinarily sells.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Default Re: OMG!!! Did Somebody Say Free!

Yes! My mother called to tell me she picked up freebies at her local Boston Store yesterday. She underscored the "while supplies last part" and

I'll report back once i've been to Saks!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 21st January 2009 at 12:10 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Although I live in Europe, I just emailed my cousin in Chicago about this. How cool!
    Thanks Divatologist!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

My Saks and Dillards were both quite picked over (each offering a choice of about 6 items) , but I did score the Coco Body Lotion for my sister who is just out of the hospital and can't shop yet, and Lancome Courbe Virtuouse Mascara for me.

Needless to say, I spent a bit of money at Saks too! Nothing to get me to a cosmetic counter like a freebie!

I wanted to explore Dillards, too, but the SA glared and made me feel like a war criminal for taking the freebie, so I fled!!!!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 21st January 2009 at 04:36 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Thank you kindly, miss Diva! Just claimed my "restitution" - a sensual bath & shower gel, Euphoria by CK.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Thank you kindly, miss Diva! Just claimed my "restitution" - a sensual bath & shower gel, Euphoria by CK.
    That's what I got!

I went yesterday afternoon to my closest Nordstrom and they were wiped out. I then walked over to Macy's and the line was soooo long I decided it was not worth it for me.

Don't know whether I will try again today.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyLace View Post
    That's what I got!
    I'm tellin you...we're twins! :wave:

I'm tellin you...we're twins! :wave:
    I think we may be!!!

Blog Entries

I went yesterday morning to my nearby Macy's. The line was out the door when I got there, but moved very quickly. I picked up the 15ml My Insolence edt. The tables were divided by manufacturer, and at the Givenchy/Guerlain table only the Very Irresistible was on display. I had to ask if they actually had the Guerlain product, then she went and got one out of a box. I was tempted to drive over to other Macy's in my area and get more stuff, but I didn't want to get greedy and risk bad karma! The thing is, having now read some reviews of My Insolence, I'm wondering if I'll actually like it. I'm not big on sweet and fruity. Oh well, I can't complain of buyer's remorse if I didn't actually buy anything!
    Last edited by Heartwood; 21st January 2009 at 08:23 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Macy's didn't have much of a selection, but I ended up getting the Clinique Moisture Surge. Macy's and the other department store there both had short lines of about a dozen people.

And then there was Bath & Body Works' 75%-off sale for everything in the old style of packaging....
    Last edited by tang; 9th February 2009 at 03:42 AM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    And then there was Bath & Body Works' 75%-off sale for everything in the old style of packaging....
    Well then...did you buy anything??????

Well then...did you buy anything??????
    I suppose I should report in on the purchases thread one of these times, but if I don't admit to spending any money, it's as if it never happened!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I suppose I should report in on the purchases thread one of these times, but if I don't admit to spending any money, it's as if it never happened!
    I'm going to try living by your philosophy...!

I'm too intimidated by SA's and freaked out by my mall in general to even attempt this. Besides, I'm superstitious. I have the feeling that, since I'm not a plaintiff in this law suit, I will incur some kind of karmic retribution if I try to participate in the collection.

From the Cosmetics Settlement page:

To Determine Whether You Are a Member of the Class, Please Read the Following:

You are a member of the class if you are currently a resident of the United States who purchased Department Store Cosmetics in the United States during the class period, which products were made, distributed and/or sold by the Manufacturer Defendants or Retailer Defendants listed below. You are not a member of the class, even though you bought the covered products during the relevant time period, if you fall into one or more of the following categories: all employees, officers, directors or agents (including attorneys) of any defendant, as well as any judge, justice or judicial officer presiding over this matter, and each such person’s immediate family.
    Edit:
    Macy's had a table set up just outside the store entrance. When I reached the SA, she asked me to print and sign my name, and then invited me to choose a product from the selection on the table. For a few of the people, the SA spent some time explaining what the different products were, which ones were a better value, etc. It was all very quick & painless.
    Last edited by tang; 22nd January 2009 at 12:09 AM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I got an Advanced Night Repair by EL. It was either that or some moisturizer or the CK body wash (I'm allergic to it).
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm too intimidated by SA's and freaked out by my mall in general to even attempt this. Besides, I'm superstitious. I have the feeling that, since I'm not a plaintiff in this law suit, I will incur some kind of karmic retribution if I try to participate in the collection.

I had that bad karma vibe about going to another store to get another one. I picked up my one bottle of Lancôme Primordial Skin Defense serum and was happy with that. I use and like this anyway and it's about a $65 value.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Lilybelle, you are eligible to participate if you purchased any products made by Estee Lauder, Clinique, Givenchy, Guerlain, L'Oreal (including Lancôme, Giorgio Armani, Guy Laroche, Paloma Picasso, and Ralph Lauren), Chanel, Boucheron (including Boucheron, Sonia Rykiel, Christian Lacroix, Paul Smith, Issey Miyake, and Jean Paul Gaultier), Christian Dior, and/or Clarins at any time between May 29, 1994 through July 16, 2003. You don't even have to prove that you bought it. If you somehow managed to not buy anything during this nine year period then I guess you're out. As for me, I was very seriously tempted to make my way to the other Macy's for some shower gel, as I had shopped heartily during the late 90s for Clinique makeup while I left a sillage trail thru my hometown's nightclubs with Amarige, Tresor, and Jardins de Bagatelle. But, hmph, karma. I'm happy with what I got. Maybe. I still haven't smelled it. Well, there's always eb*y.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

my daughter and I stopped by Nordstroms where there was a looooooong line and we decided our time was worth more than cosmetics. But then we saw a fast moving line at Macy's and received a clinique moisture surge, 1 oz, and an estee lauder night repair, 15 ml.
    I really like the moisture surge.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    Lilybelle, you are eligible to participate if you purchased any products made by Estee Lauder, Clinique, Givenchy, Guerlain, L'Oreal (including Lancôme, Giorgio Armani, Guy Laroche, Paloma Picasso, and Ralph Lauren), Chanel, Boucheron (including Boucheron, Sonia Rykiel, Christian Lacroix, Paul Smith, Issey Miyake, and Jean Paul Gaultier), Christian Dior, and/or Clarins at any time between May 29, 1994 through July 16, 2003. You don't even have to prove that you bought it. If you somehow managed to not buy anything during this nine year period then I guess you're out. As for me, I was very seriously tempted to make my way to the other Macy's for some shower gel, as I had shopped heartily during the late 90s for Clinique makeup while I left a sillage trail thru my hometown's nightclubs with Amarige, Tresor, and Jardins de Bagatelle. But, hmph, karma. I'm happy with what I got. Maybe. I still haven't smelled it. Well, there's always eb*y.
    Those brands and the time period definitely include me. My word, who don't they include?!! Thanks for posting that. I feel better. Still not sure if I will brave the mall.

Yesterday I was at my local Nordstroms and picked up the unfortunate remains: a Clinique face cream. I so wanted the Coco Mad. body lotion, but I definitely missed out on the prime loot. The line was well-organized, although the anxious woman behind me nearly ran me over. I got flat-footed by her and had to ask her to give me some room! I actually left feeling a little hollow for taking something I didn't really want. The freebie gimme-vibe I was part of didn't feel too great either. I should have checked out what they were giving away before deciding to stand in line. I guess it's a live and learn thing.

I went to my local Macy's this morning and there was nothing left.
    I got some freebies from Dior, because I made a purchase, and the SA knows me. She said the lines yesterday were insane.