Code of Conduct

Default American Beauty by DSH?

Still looking for rose perfume for my wife and, thanks to the post with all the sample sites, discovered American Beauty by DSH listed on a site as the ultimate rose (my words because I forgot the exact description used). At any rate, I cannot find any information in Basenotes about it, even using the search engine. Did I miss something? Does anyone have any comments on this fragrance? Thanks for your help, John

Default Re: American Beauty by DSH?

I think that I have gotten too caught up in my quest. If only one site carries it and the maker only lists it in a 2003 sample kit, logic would say that this is not as great as I had hoped. Thanks for listening. Maybe I will have a more sensible request for help later.

hello john, I don't know about the perfume you mention, but if your wife loves rose scents, I could recommend sampling some of the offereings from Parfums de la Rosine, and searching the forums for some of the rose threads, there have been a few.
    cheers.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

John, the American Beauty is very nice, but by no means the last word in rose scents. You have so many wonderful options -- perhaps do some sampling from a range of houses.