Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Knize Ten after a couple of weeks

my bottle arrives in a few days. i hope i like it. (blind buy, but what choice do i have; edit: oh now i see that PC has samples of it; ugh)

i like tobacco and leather scents, but not all, and i definitely do not like the smell of oil/petrol

i like: Cuir Ottoman, Tuscan Leather, Chergui

hate: Tobacco Toscano, Tabaróme Millésime, Farenheit, Nostalgia

so, i guess i'll find out in a few days. have high hopes
    Last edited by union1411; 23rd January 2009 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by union1411 View Post
    my bottle arrives in a few days. i hope i like it. (blind buy, but what choice do i have; edit: oh now i see that PC has samples of it; ugh)

i like tobacco and leather scents, but not all, and i definitely do not like the smell of oil/petrol

i like: Cuir Ottoman, Tuscan Leather, Chergui.

hate: Tobacco Toscano, Tabaróme Millésime, Farenheit

so, i guess i'll find out in a few days. have high hopes
    ooooooooo. i have a feeling you'll like it. I consider Cuir Ottoman and Tuscan Leather to be 2 of the better 'modern' leather scents around.....in your 'hate' list, i only really like Fahrenheit....mainly because i have a love affair with gasoline notes....

Knize Ten doesn't really have oil/petrol/gasoline notes....so i think you're safe on that!

IF you don't' like it though....i'm right here in brooklyn. come find me in a shady alley, and i'll buy your bottle from you.....no one has to know!

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    ooooooooo. i have a feeling you'll like it. I consider Cuir Ottoman and Tuscan Leather to be 2 of the better 'modern' leather scents around.....in your 'hate' list, i only really like Fahrenheit....mainly because i have a love affair with gasoline notes....

Knize Ten doesn't really have oil/petrol/gasoline notes....so i think you're safe on that!

IF you don't' like it though....i'm right here in brooklyn. come find me in a shady alley, and i'll buy your bottle from you.....no one has to know!
    I would suggest Bleecker Street to you as a huge upgrade over Fahrenheit.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    K10 was the inspiration for most of the leather fragrances available today...so not exactly fair to say "it's been done before".
    1919 - Tabac Blond
    1924 - The Knize 10
    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    "K10 . Spray 10 "

...perfect in a knigtowl kind of spirit!:brolly:
    Last edited by narcus; 23rd January 2009 at 07:21 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

actually that is how I felt, like in that picture. The shirt I was wearing still smells very strong and that is no trace of ... sweet, floral,citrus,nothing, nil, nadam, just pure dryness and roughness
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Oh yes, it hangs in your clothes and by just a single wave of 1% in 99% fresh air it may remind you of having worn that sweater or shirt two weeks ago....
    Basteri, I recommend you take a long vacation from K10 once you're through with every detail of testing it. Then start anew with just one spray on one of your arms for the first day. This warrants a slower approach. See if you don't smell the top and middle notes during the first 30 to 60 minutes at least. These notes appear to be fruity to some, more floral to others. The smell of carnations is of course spicy and floral at the same time. It's hidden in between other floral notes of TKN. In Tabac Original they emphasized floral notes to a point where it's hard to detect the leather. The Knize Ten just has the right minimum of sweetness and flowers mixed in: Tabac Blond pour Hmme !
    Last edited by narcus; 23rd January 2009 at 08:55 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Oh yes, it hangs in your clothes and by just a single wave of 1% in 99% fresh air it may remind you of having worn that sweater or shirt two weeks ago....
    Basteri, I recommend you take a long vacation from K10 once you're through with every detail of testing it. Then start anew with just one spray on one of your arms for the first day. This warrants a slower approach. See if you don't smell the top and middle notes during the first 30 to 60 minutes at least. These notes appear to be fruity to some, more floral to others. The smell of carnations is of course spicy and floral at the same time. It's hidden in between other floral notes of TKN. In Tabac Original they emphasized floral notes to a point where it's hard to detect the leather. The Knize Ten just has the right minimum of sweetness and flowers mixed in: Tabac Blond pour Hmme !
    Indeed on me K10 gets the same floral vibe I have with tabac blond: carnation (not clove) and powdery "irisness" after an initial burst of fresher bitter citrus notes and then it slowly reveals its soft and warm leather treasure. I wore it (not 10 spays, just 3-4 ) to a date a week ago and had lets say many compliments

"You too, my friend?"

No pun intended, just curious about the new trend in juvenile avatars ?

Knize Ten for a date? that is very brave. I happen to have a date on saturday and I was wondering what to wear, Knize Ten was not even in my top ten list for the occasion. You are a brave man :-)

No risk, no glory someone said nah?
    just apply light, no more that 3 spritz, specially if projection is great on you (it really depends on your own skin chem) and I'm sure it will fit perfectly if you feel the scent itself is "you".
    Narcus... haha... yep, me too, I really needed to change my avi after such long time and was quite funny to try to make it as much similar as possible to the real Mag
    I'd be really curious to see yours too

I love Knize Ten. It's been my single favorite fragrance for several months now.

But it took me a while to come around to it. The first time I wore my sample it seemed acrid and unpleasant. My second experience was worse. I then put my sample away for several months.

What turned me around on it was a non-perfume related leather experience. I was in Marrakesh, Morocco, and visited a bunch of leather sellers in the souk. The smell in those stores was wonderful and familiar. Knize Ten! When I returned home I returned to my sample and started coming around to the fragrance. Before I was done with the sample, I had ordered a bottle.

Incidentally, it also took me awhile to appreciate Cuir Ottoman, which I agree is one of the great contemporary leather perfumes. But in the case of CO (which I tried before K10, fwiw), my initial impression was that it was too powdery.

Fernando, you are really in love with Knize ten, aren't you??
    let say love with a big obsession.

I am not sure Mo... the ying yang, black and white, love and hate... this is a difficult one :-)

Ok.....where can one get Knize ten from? I would like to give this one a try alongwith another basenoter in Australia, who's expressed interest too......