Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT and Concentree

A few years ago I purchased for my husband Pour Monsieur and it was my favorite fragrance on him ever since. Unfortunately I cannot remember if it was just EDT or Concentree. It probably was Concentree (flat rectangular bottle, not the square one).

I was happy to get recently on ebay Pour Monsieur EDT (Valentine day is coming!) and it's not even close to the previous EDT he had! I don't have an easy access to large department stores to go and test them both in person. Please help me: are they REALLY that different or was it just a knockoff?? I don't feel like accusing seller of misrepresenting without real proof but this smells so much citrusy and not really impressive to me...

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT and Concentree

Pour Monsieur Concentree is *much* sweeter than PM. Do you recognise this?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Hmmm...I'm trying to understand if there is much from familiar scent....Not really...Maybe just a hint.
    The bottle also reads: "CHANEL INC. NEW YORK, NY" Instead of "PARIS"

From what I know, a lot of the Chanels on Ebay are fakes.

The original has a much more citrusy (lemon) opening burst than the concentree - they are pretty distinct to my nose. I love the original but can't stand the concentree version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    From what I know, a lot of the Chanels on Ebay are fakes.

The original has a much more citrusy (lemon) opening burst than the concentree - they are pretty distinct to my nose. I love the original but can't stand the concentree version.
    Thank you, Hobbes. Yes, it is a lot of lemon at first.

I'm happy we all have different tastes: leaves more original for you and more concentree for me!

im going to try and get both
    I'll let you know

yeah i agree with hobbes 100 %

Is it not possible to look at your husband's bottle to see which version it is?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost