Code of Conduct

Default Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

This was one of the first fragrance i ever used, and i went through several bottles! The sport-version was also very popular in the gang. I remember i liked it a lot, and it would be fun to test it again I can`t remember the smell..But unfortunately it`s not available in my country enymore.. What do you guys think of this classic today? Is it still going strong, or is it out-dated? Worth a blind by?

Default Re: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

I bought a bottle a month ago, it has been reformulated. It is not the same as before, I suggest to try it first. It is not a very big change from the original but you will notice it especially if this one was one of your first fragrances (it was also one of my first).
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Blog Entries

it's brilliant...absolutely fantastic. i'm amazed its not available in your country....as here it's available almost anywhere/everywhere....

everyone talks about the reformulation, but i don't remember what it originally smelled like...and all i know is that even if it is reformulated----it is STILL completely excellent in every way!

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    I bought a bottle a month ago, it has been reformulated. It is not the same as before, I suggest to try it first. It is not a very big change from the original but you will notice it especially if this one was one of your first fragrances (it was also one of my first).
    I agree with the above, it doesn't seem the same but it is still a beaut.

I can't tell you if it is worth a blind buy since I do not know your tastes, however, I guess that if you like Antaeus it might be your cup of tea since it shares one attribute with it, it is a strong scent.

However, do take in mind that the PR has been reformulated: the original one was stronger in terms of depth and sweetness. The actual one is lighter and fresher. IMO, the vintage version is better, but unsuitable for those who are not into "heavy" scents.

Hope this helped.

Yeah, it's solid stuff. One of the better leathers that rely on bitter citrus for part of their effect. More subtle and balanced than Versace L'Homme in my book, for instance. And cheap, if you can get it, which is always good.

I always liked the smell of it when it was mainstream, but never bought it because it was too common among all the young professionals.Way after it went out of style, in either 2004 or 2005 I sampled it in the Bay in Toronto in the morning and it lasted all day.

I finally bought a bottle a few years back and it didn't last more than an hour. I swappped the bottle. I tried it a year later and then same thing. So there must have been a reformulation. No other scent I used that lasted now doesn't last, so it must be the Paco itself. And I sprayed it on my shirt and it still disappeared. I had a friend verify this so it's not my sense of smell.

I still have the deodorant stick and sometimes use it when I get home in the evening just for the scent itself and it is still going strong the next morning, so it must be the EDT itself that had the problem.

That's too bad, since I would love to wear it regularly.
    Last edited by MikeFromManhattan; 22nd January 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Interesting about the longevity. I do remember it progressing rapidly but don't recall a problem with longevity. Last time I wore it was just a spray on the wrist in a mall. Others on longevity? I have to say that longevity has become more important to me over time. I recently bought some 2Man because it was such a good deal and every time it disappears it bums me out.

Blog Entries

i've had a couple modern bottles...and the longetivity is still legendary! one of THE longest lasting scents i've ever worn.......maybe some of you got bad discounted stale bottles or something? Longetivity would be the least of my concerns with PR PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    ...However, do take in mind that the PR has been reformulated: the original one was stronger in terms of depth and sweetness. The actual one is lighter and fresher. IMO, the vintage version is better, but unsuitable for those who are not into "heavy" scents...
    I remember the old version as powerful, dark, green, slightly leathery. The new one is lighter, soapier, a kind of soapy-fresh quality like a tamed Aqua di Selva. Mildly mossy. The old one had bollocks.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Good stuff, but I would switch to the more dynamic and complex Azzaro Pour homme (which did a 'Mitsouko' on PR pour homme).
    -

I agree the new version is lighter and fresher (at least on my skin), but it is still very good. Longevity is excellent on me. Price is great - less than $20 at Ross stores when I bought it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

PR (vintage) was one of my first frags also. True, PR has been reformulated and is now soapier and lighter. In itself, it is still very good, retaining the PR "spirit" and longevity is decent.

The only way to own what evokes the vintage is to get the reformulated version. You will most likely get used to it for what it is, like i have done.

All the best.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

strollyourlobster. Your comparison to L┤Homme by Versace got my attention
    I have both.
    Many years ago Paco will be my first choice but today it will be Le Homme. They are quite different in my opinion though.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I'm completely baffled by this. I'm the only one that seems to have the problem.

Both bottles were bought in New York. When I go to Canada next month, I will try it there.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Good stuff, but I would switch to the more dynamic and complex Azzaro Pour homme (which did a 'Mitsouko' on PR pour homme).

Hmm.. I have also used Azzaro Pour homme, and i can`t remember eny similarities between those two....

Is it still modern? I want it to be a "modern classic", and a all- year- round fragrance. Both casual and formal?

Post Re: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

You guys almost have me convinced to really wear this outside of my house someday!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

This lady loves PR PH on a man.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    This lady loves PR PH on a man.
    Wife does too!!!

would you place this fragrance "up there" with f.ex Guerlain Vetiver, Cacharel pour homme, and Dior Eau Savage?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    would you place this fragrance "up there" with f.ex Guerlain Vetiver, Cacharel pour homme, and Dior Eau Savage?

I would but more so the original formulation. The others, even the different reformulations of Vetiver don't seem to have been affected as much as Paco Rabanne PH but that's just my opinion and I still love it. :-)

A lighter, fresher version of Paco Rabanne pour Homme is Patrick from Fragrances of Ireland. Nice, soapy oakmoss and lavender.

im excited because Im going to be getting my first bottle of this in the mail tomorrow!! I hope it shocks me like Kouros did 4 years ago. I'm in need of a fragrance shocker. like farenheit....i love eccentric scents.......this one sounds like a bar of soap....hmmmmm I don't mind that at all.....it just better be a powerfull bar of soap....I'll post tomorrow on my reactions of this "classic" scent....................Now a question about reformulation, does anyone know why these companies do this....Is it because of poor economy so we can't use expensive components in a fragrance anymore, frankly that's just BS because it makes me feel like buying a kings cologne to buying a princes cologne.. i don't want to feel demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    im excited because Im going to be getting my first bottle of this in the mail tomorrow!! I hope it shocks me like Kouros did 4 years ago. I'm in need of a fragrance shocker. like farenheit....i love eccentric scents.......this one sounds like a bar of soap....hmmmmm I don't mind that at all.....it just better be a powerfull bar of soap....I'll post tomorrow on my reactions of this "classic" scent....................Now a question about reformulation, does anyone know why these companies do this....Is it because of poor economy so we can't use expensive components in a fragrance anymore, frankly that's just BS because it makes me feel like buying a kings cologne to buying a princes cologne.. i don't want to feel demoted.
    I`m looking forward to hear what you think of it! I have not made up my mind if i`m going to buy it blind.. As said before, i liked it a lot back in the 80-ies, but the range of products were much smaller back then, that it is today..

Ordered my Paco Rabanne pour Homme today at scented monkey. Enyone that has knowledge to this site?

I received a new bottle and yes it is lighter in a fresher way and not dense in leather like the vintage. Sorry longevity is not a problem with the new version still mega sillage for over eight hours when first sprayed the scent took over the whole house!

Have always loved this classic.