Code of Conduct

Default My Order from Aus Liebe zum Duft-- Samples Received!

Per usual, after that Sample thread, I got fired up and ordered from a site. I picked ausliebezumduft.de because the people pimping it seemed to really like their prices, service, product and the sample sizes. I didn't make into but 5% of the site and just went with my gut. I mean there was so much on there I could really have spent a whole day..like at a library..doing research and reading descriptions. Not only that but I enjoyed how they had scents by perfumer, male, female or unisex and other tidbits. Great place so far. I also have already dealt with the customer service because I messed up and said I'd send a check but they got back to me and I gave them my info through the site and it is being sent Monday. Nice people. I'll do my usual testing and thoughts in this thread when it arrives. I'm excited. And shipping was only 5 Euros. All of these were 3 or 4 Euros on there. My goal of posting this now is to get a sense of what I ordered

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might expect?I know Acqua di Biella can be lighter because of being cologne strength but I liked their style and notes. As you can see I also barely got through the "A"s and started skipping around.

Acqua di Genova - Cologne
    Comme des Garcons Series 4 Cologne - Vettivéru
    Borsari 1870 - Borsari Parma - Acqua Classica EdT
    Bois 1920 - 1920 Extreme- Eau de Toilette
    Amerigo Vespucci - Marina Militare EdT
    Amouage Dia for men- Eau de Toilette
    Acqua di Genova - 1853 Anniversario EdT Men
    Acqua di Biella - Ca' Luna- Eau de Toilette
    Acqua di Biella - Baraja
    The Different Company - Sel de Vétiver - EdT
    Parfumerie Generale - Hyperessence Matale No.12 EdP
    Last edited by ToughCool; 10th February 2009 at 04:15 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: My Order from ausliebezumduft.de-Thoughts?

I'd never ordered samples from this site before because I figured the shipping would be expensive - I have received samples in trades from them, so I know the samples are large (@2ml). Once TC posted that shipping was only 5 Euros I also went ahead and placed a sample order. I'm curious how long it will take to arrive from Germany. I order samples from Micallef, ELdO, Profumum and (the ones I'm most curious about) Knize Sec and Knize Two - neither of which I know anything about.

In terms of what you selected, I've tried very few (although many are ones I've wanted to try)

I've tried and like these:

Comme des Garcons Series 4 Cologne - Vettivéru (vetiver cologne)
    Bois 1920 - 1920 Extreme- Eau de Toilette (bright, high quality cologne)
    The Different Company - Sel de Vétiver - EdT (gorgeous, airy light vetiver)

For this one:

Parfumerie Generale - Hyperessence Matale No.12 EdP - this is the EdP version of Eau de Rare Metale, which is pretty much the only PG fragrance I really don't like. Of course that's just me, but I'm curious to hear your review of it.

The nice thing about the ALBD site, which is very extensive, is that they seem to closely peg the sample cost to the fragrance cost, meaning that the fragrances should all have the same fill level.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I'd never ordered samples from this site before because I figured the shipping would be expensive - I have received samples in trades from them, so I know the samples are large (@2ml). Once TC posted that shipping was only 5 Euros I also went ahead and placed a sample order. I'm curious how long it will take to arrive from Germany. I order samples from Micallef, ELdO, Profumum and (the ones I'm most curious about) Knize Sec and Knize Two - neither of which I know anything about.

In terms of what you selected, I've tried very few (although many are ones I've wanted to try)

I've tried and like these:

Comme des Garcons Series 4 Cologne - Vettivéru (vetiver cologne)
    Bois 1920 - 1920 Extreme- Eau de Toilette (bright, high quality cologne)
    The Different Company - Sel de Vétiver - EdT (gorgeous, airy light vetiver)

For this one:

Parfumerie Generale - Hyperessence Matale No.12 EdP - this is the EdP version of Eau de Rare Metale, which is pretty much the only PG fragrance I really don't like. Of course that's just me, but I'm curious to hear your review of it.

The nice thing about the ALBD site, which is very extensive, is that they seem to closely peg the sample cost to the fragrance cost, meaning that the fragrances should all have the same fill level.
    I'm curious on shipping too. They said they would ship next week..I'm assuming Monday. I could have easily have gone back to Aedes or Luckyscent or tried TPC or TPP but I thought this sounded fun and I loved their extensive list.

As for scents. I purposely chose some off the wall stuff. It is fun to review when everyone but you has tried it but overall some of the ones I picked had notes I admired, sounded good on paper, had only a few reviews but they were good. Ones like Marina Militare and Acqua di Biella - Ca' Luna (excited about this one)didn't even show up on BN....though Sir Slarty has his own mini review of Ca Luna. And others barely had a mention. So this should be a very fun one. Maybe I'll find one that is rarely known but becomes a good one for many to try. That is a good goal here....leading people in the right direction
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd January 2009 at 03:33 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Really about next week? I got an email this morning that the order already shipped!

I think it's great to pick random fragrances for sampling - you never know when you'll find something you really like - and just because there aren't BN reviews doesn't mean it's not a great fragrance. Because that site has a bunch of stuff I've never seen in the US, there's bound to be good stuff people haven't been exposed to here. Also, they have fragrances from lines that are at Luckyscent (Mazzolari, Profumum) but the fragrances aren't.

Really about next week? I got an email this morning that the order already shipped!

I think it's great to pick random fragrances for sampling - you never know when you'll find something you really like - and just because there aren't BN reviews doesn't mean it's not a great fragrance. Because that site has a bunch of stuff I've never seen in the US, there's bound to be good stuff people haven't been exposed to here. Also, they have fragrances from lines that are at Luckyscent (Mazzolari, Profumum) but the fragrances aren't.
    Well the problem was that when I placed my order, I changed my address and then went back to pay..I accidentally hit check/money order, which makes it where you have to send them money before they ship. I wrote them..which would have been about 10 pm their time and got the reply this morning to send my credit card info. So it got done quick and they were great but it is probably closing time over there right now. So it makes sense. I screwed up.

Exactly on the scents. I hadn't heard many of the companies talked about on here so I, for the time I could, just kind of played with the order and added what sounded good, hoping I could expose some scents on here.

BTW, the last 2 weeks has been incredibly busy but today I might slip out early and see if I can get to Kuhl-Linscomb to check out what they have on the way to happy hour in midtown.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd January 2009 at 03:33 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Institution

Let us know how you like the Vettiveru. I was very pleasantly surprised when I first sampled it. For a vetiver lover, it's perhaps the most refreshing vetiver I've ever smelled. And you can really splash it on without worrying about it getting cloying or heavy. Which is what you should do with your sample: over apply it. If you apply lightly you'll miss the magic of this scent.

I'm looking forward to hearing the reviews to come of the Acqua di Genova and the Knize Sec and Knize Two.
    I'm also interested in getting a read on shipping time and that too.
    Keep us posted.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

This is a fantastic small company run by a true scent lover, you can tell this by the care with which samples are chosen with a full bottle order.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Let us know how you like the Vettiveru. I was very pleasantly surprised when I first sampled it. For a vetiver lover, it's perhaps the most refreshing vetiver I've ever smelled. And you can really splash it on without worrying about it getting cloying or heavy. Which is what you should do with your sample: over apply it. If you apply lightly you'll miss the magic of this scent.
    I will. I'm intrigued with Vetiver right now because I should like it but I didn't like Guerlain Vetiver, even after cramming it down my own throat 8 times or so. So hopefully will this will be something I like in a different way. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing the reviews to come of the Acqua di Genova and the Knize Sec and Knize Two.
    Keep us posted.
    Yeah I'm looking forward to Acqua di Genova. The Cologne has gotten only 4 reviews on here and they were all good. The 1853 Anniversario EdT doesn't say much about the notes but they did an anniversary mens and womens scent it shows as this on their site:

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...oducts_id=1810

To celebrate the 153rd anniversary of Acqua di Genova, Acqua di Genova 1853-Anniversario presents a new line of fragrances as a tribute to this special day.

The line Acqua di Genova 1853-Anniversario is based on two historic recipes. These are from the comprehensive archives of the famous Genoese Perfumer Stefano Frecceri. From these recipes arose, in the nineteenth century, a variety of successful fragrances created for the Royal Houses of Europe.................
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd January 2009 at 03:57 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Keep us posted.
    I ordered Domenico Caraceni from them. They shipped the same day, and it got here within 10 days.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I'm just finding out myself what a great alternative Aus Liebe zum Duft is to some of the U.S. (and Canadian) sites such as Lucky Scent and The Perfume Shoppe. On the 19th I placed an order (100 ml of Nicolai New York). I simply wanted a full bottle of that wonderful scent. It was shipped on the 20th and it had arrived on the 22nd (yesterday)! - no hassles. I call that fast. I had mentioned that I was interested in sampling Mark Buxton's Wood and Absinthe - and they included a generous free sample (a very intriquing scent btw!) I had a very similar experience earlier with an order of Tauer's Incense Extreme.

TC - have fun at Kuhl -Linscomb.... it's tough to not spend money once you're there. If your SA is Therese, tell her I say hi. She's got a lot of energy, but all the SAs there are good.

I suggest checking out the SMNs while you're there. I've noticed a little more chatter about SMN lately, but it's a house that largely flies under the radar, and they make great fragrances.

Spectacular company, 9/10 rating so far. The samples are double the size of luckyscent. Great assortiment.

TC - have fun at Kuhl -Linscomb.... it's tough to not spend money once you're there. If your SA is Therese, tell her I say hi. She's got a lot of energy, but all the SAs there are good.

I suggest checking out the SMNs while you're there. I've noticed a little more chatter about SMN lately, but it's a house that largely flies under the radar, and they make great fragrances.
    Dear Lord. I could barely breath in there I was hyperventilating so much trying to try everything. It was nuts...between L'Artisan, Carthusia, SMN, Acqua di Parma, etc, etc I couldn't stop testing. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed some ofthe L'Artisans...like Timbuktu
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Dear Lord. I could barely breath in there I was hyperventilating so much trying to try everything. It was nuts...between L'Artisan, Carthusia, SMN, Acqua di Parma, etc, etc I couldn't stop testing. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed some ofthe L'Artisans...like Timbuktu
    Did you come away with any samples? Can we expect a mini-review thread?

Kuhl Limscomb doesn't really carry that many samples - they had a few factory L'Artisan samples last time I was there, and I don't know if they give them away without purchase. They don't make samples, either - but the SAs are incredibly helpful and patient. They have about 20 different niche lines, from Serge Lutens to Nassomoto to SMN to Yosh, Delrae, Bois 1920, Dyptique, etc.

TC am I wrong? Did you meet Therese?

Aus Liebe Zum Duft is the best website ever.

Great choice, very quick, great service, great packages, great samples, very friendly staff... what else ?

Great one.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Kuhl Limscomb doesn't really carry that many samples - they had a few factory L'Artisan samples last time I was there, and I don't know if they give them away without purchase. They don't make samples, either - but the SAs are incredibly helpful and patient. They have about 20 different niche lines, from Serge Lutens to Nassomoto to SMN to Yosh, Delrae, Bois 1920, Dyptique, etc.

TC am I wrong? Did you meet Therese?
    I actually got a sample. He made this tiny platic container with Carthusia Uomo. I acyually had already tried this but he thought it was a "manly" I was looking for. Unfortunately this is the second time I thought I liked it and then it became.."too much." Cloying would imply too sweet but it was the the same thing on its one note that got me. A guy helped me..blank on the name but he was really nice. Except he had so many suggestions that I was walking with 20 testers and overwhelmed.

The ones I kept the cards on were Bois 1920 Classic, Colonioa Intensa,,which I purchased long ago and then sold, Timbuktu, Navegar, and Tea for Two..which I kept out of fascination because the tea smelled like Skoal or Copenhagen Dip.

Here is my problem with niche alot of times, and I spelled it out here before...many of the scents are just plain weird or overwheling and the combos sometimes disgust me. There was a line right about the SMN with elaborate boxes and there stuff was not good to be. The had one..Tobacco Leather and it was basically honey with none of the two things in the name. The honey was overwhelming. Some of the SMNs did the same for me. I had tried a sample of Tobacco Tuscano awhile back..which they didn't have..and it was more vanilla than Tobacco. Actually made me realize why Bond and Creed are so popular..niche that is closer to designer in many ways.

Overall though I need to spend a couple of hours there and start on each line.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 26th January 2009 at 01:12 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Here is my problem with niche alot of times, and I spelled it out here before...many of the scents are just plain weird or overwheling and the combos sometimes disgust me.
    please give these a try....

The DIfferent Company (Bois D' Iris, Un parfums des sens et bois, sel de vetiver)
    Dior Cologne series.. (Bois D'Argent)
    Last edited by jenson; 26th January 2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

The DIfferent Company (Bois D' Iris, Un parfums des sens et bois, sel de vetiver)
    I really, really, really wanted to love Sel De Vetiver, but it was too salty. Anyone who doesn't think its possible or hasn't experienced a salty frag owes it too themselves to smell SdV, because of the salt it was just unwearable for me.

Sel de Vetiver is coming with this above order so I'll have a sample. What I am afraid of with the iris and others is that they will be too "flowery" for me or too much of whatever. I just don't do well with iris(as in Dior Homme) and other flower type scents.

I really love the experiment but I think I may end up being a designer guy until maybe one niche really gets me. So far they are great to try and a few smell nice in a scent way but not in a "I'd wear this" way. Like it was great to smell Colonia Intensa again but after buying it and wearing it, it was "too much." So I continue to search. It is going to be something I will have to search around hard for...and this place was a great start.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 26th January 2009 at 02:26 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

keep em in radar...you never know..

keep em in radar...you never know..
    I know. That is why I have this manic periods of trying everything out there but when the dust settles I always think I'm just going to find another designer or one special niche to add to my London and Bulgari Aqua. I keep selling or being dissatisfied with everything else.
    --Ben Hogan

I wanted to update that they sent me a message that they sent my order, yesterday, January 27th. I ordered it the 22nd but had the above snafoo so it was really confirmed Friday the 23rd.

Also, I decided I needed more to test and Red Vetyver was one of them so I got these from Luckyscent

Odori- Iris -I don't like Dior Homme but wanted to try this

L’Artisan-Timbuktu -Want to see if it is differnt on my skin

L’Artisan-Navegar- Really thought this was nice when tested on paper

Profumi di Pantelleria-Maestrale

Montale--Red Vetyver -I love TdH

Cristiano Fissore- Cashmere for Men

Cereus- No. 5

Cereus- No. 7
    Last edited by ToughCool; 28th January 2009 at 06:59 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

I wanted to update that they sent me a message that they sent my order, yesterday, January 27th. I ordered it the 22nd but had the above snafoo so it was really confirmed Friday the 23rd.

Also, I decided I needed more to test and Red Vetyver was one of them so I got these from Luckyscent

Odori- Iris -I don't like Dior Homme but wanted to try this

L’Artisan-Timbuktu -Want to see if it is differnt on my skin

L’Artisan-Navegar- Really thought this was nice when tested on paper

Profumi di Pantelleria-Maestrale

Montale--Red Vetyver -I love TdH

Cristiano Fissore- Cashmere for Men

Cereus- No. 5

Cereus- No. 7
    Oh man! I can't wait to hear your impressions. Maestrale is a gem. A great marine scent with a spicy edge to it. I also think you may like Cereus No. 7
    You are gonna have lots of fun with all the incoming samples.
    If there was a Navegar EDP I would buy gallons of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Oh man! I can't wait to hear your impressions. Maestrale is a gem. A great marine scent with a spicy edge to it. I also think you may like Cereus No. 7
    You are gonna have lots of fun with all the incoming samples.
    If there was a Navegar EDP I would buy gallons of it.
    I read good things on those and am excited too.

Navegar was my favorite of the L'Artisans I tried at the store last Friday. There was something about it I really loved. I liked the aquatic feel to start and then the spiciness it gained without losing that aquatic feel to me. Really nice. So after smelling on that on paper I wanted to give a sample a try!
    Last edited by ToughCool; 28th January 2009 at 06:59 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

WOOHOO! My order from ausliebezumduft arrived (10 days after ordering). I will most certainly be using ALZB for future sample orders. Why? Shipping is about $2 more then Luckyscent, samples are $1-2 more, but the samples are in 2.5ml sprayers. The shipping was quick and they included a bunch of blotters - not that I need them, but I appreciate the nice touch. They also have a few fragrances that aren't available at LS - or anywhere else from what I can tell. I would definitely recommend other big sample/decant collectors give them a try.

Speaking of which, my samples included the fabled Knize Two and Knize Sec. I just sprayed them on, so this isn't a full report, but I can relay that Two is a very, very solid white floral. I'm not so good at picking out floral notes, but I'm pretty sure there's jasmine and gardenia. It reminds me of SL's A La Nuit, Chanel Beige, and L'Artisan La Fleur de Lane. There may be a mild citrus element as well. I doubt most guys would want to wear this. I would wear it, and I don't think it's any more feminine than A La Nuit, but I'm just not the biggest white floral fan (I can respect good ones, though). Knize Sec is a woody/incense fragrance. Nothing else to report, yet.

WOOHOO! My order from ausliebezumduft arrived (10 days after ordering). I will most certainly be using ALZB for future sample orders. Why? Shipping is about $2 more then Luckyscent, samples are $1-2 more, but the samples are in 2.5ml sprayers. The shipping was quick and they included a bunch of blotters - not that I need them, but I appreciate the nice touch. They also have a few fragrances that aren't available at LS - or anywhere else from what I can tell. I would definitely recommend other big sample/decant collectors give them a try.

Speaking of which, my samples included the fabled Knize Two and Knize Sec. I just sprayed them on, so this isn't a full report, but I can relay that Two is a very, very solid white floral. I'm not so good at picking out floral notes, but I'm pretty sure there's jasmine and gardenia. It reminds me of SL's A La Nuit, Chanel Beige, and L'Artisan La Fleur de Lane. There may be a mild citrus element as well. I doubt most guys would want to wear this. I would wear it, and I don't think it's any more feminine than A La Nuit, but I'm just not the biggest white floral fan (I can respect good ones, though). Knize Sec is a woody/incense fragrance. Nothing else to report, yet.

Great to hear. I can't wait. I should get mine this week too since I had the delayed time. On a side note..I ordered another 50 2.5 sprayers from accessoriesforfragrances and Sally and they showed up today with extra larger bottles, etc. So now I can use them for the luckyscent samples and the ones you and Niemans sent me. Good times!
    --Ben Hogan

Another plus with ausliebezumduft is that if you've purchased from their store, then each year on your birthday (if you've submitted that info when creating an account), they send you a gift voucher, redeemable in their webshop.
    I have purchased scents from them for nigh on 3 years now, and my birthday is in about 2 weeks! *rubs hands together* I'm already browsing their wares to see what it will be this time round!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Another plus with ausliebezumduft is that if you've purchased from their store, then each year on your birthday (if you've submitted that info when creating an account), they send you a gift voucher, redeemable in their webshop.
    I have purchased scents from them for nigh on 3 years now, and my birthday is in about 2 weeks! *rubs hands together* I'm already browsing their wares to see what it will be this time round!
    "Off to check account" on there since my b-day is in 11 days
    --Ben Hogan

Hm, might be a little too soon I'd say... but you might be lucky So youre on the 13th ToughCool! *high fives fellow aquarian*
    Mine's on the 16th.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 2nd February 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Hm, might be a little too soon I'd say... but you might be lucky So youre on the 13th ToughCool! *high fives fellow aquarian*
    Mine's on the 16th.
    Funny that I had filled it in but when I check my account it says 00/00/0000. i updated it but it keeps going back to that.

High Five. Aquarians are good people! I was actually born Friday the 13th and this year is going to be a Friday the 13th.
    --Ben Hogan

Oh exciting! I ordered a pile of samples that same day - I really hope they're waiting at home this afternoon! The order didn't change status to 'dispatched' until last Tuesday though, so I might have another day or two to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Oh exciting! I ordered a pile of samples that same day - I really hope they're waiting at home this afternoon! The order didn't change status to 'dispatched' until last Tuesday though, so I might have another day or two to go.
    That is what happened to me. Ordered that Thursday. Had to relay my credit info Friday and then it showed dispatch Tuesday. So I'm hoping tomorrow but it may be mid week.
    --Ben Hogan

That is what happened to me. Ordered that Thursday. Had to relay my credit info Friday and then it showed dispatch Tuesday. So I'm hoping tomorrow but it may be mid week.
    It'll probably arrive tomorrow. Much to my joy, there was a lovely white box awaiting my arrival when I got home today. I've been playing with samples since.

The other german website http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/ is even more generous with samples.

I placed an order for 2 SL bottles and asked them to just toss in what they thought I´d might like, I was surprised by a mini of Dairy, a mini perfume and mini body lotion by aqcqua di parma, 3 x 2.5 (same as ausliebe) spray samples of niche houses and 4 samples of Bond no 9.

o-0

These 2 german sites almost cover any niche line you can think of I think, and you can buy samples from them.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    The other german website http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/ is even more generous with samples.

I placed an order for 2 SL bottles and asked them to just toss in what they thought I´d might like, I was surprised by a mini of Dairy, a mini perfume and mini body lotion by aqcqua di parma, 3 x 2.5 (same as ausliebe) spray samples of niche houses and 4 samples of Bond no 9.

o-0

These 2 german sites almost cover any niche line you can think of I think, and you can buy samples from them.
    Im pleased to hear this, as they are one of the most reputable sources for Tom Ford perfumes, which are impossible to find in Scandinavia. I *almost* made my Eau Noire purchase here a few months ago. Thanks for the feedback Lian.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 3rd February 2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

As i said ALZD is simply amazing. _I love this website and how friendly and effective the staff is.

I ve just looked to this second website, and it seems very obvious that it is related to ALZD. Everything is the same, the presentation, langages, way of showing perfumes and of buying them etc. etc.

Also, they sell exactly different brands, almost none - if any - in common. It s sure that it is two sites related to eachother, just dispatched with regards to the companies they offer.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    It'll probably arrive tomorrow. Much to my joy, there was a lovely white box awaiting my arrival when I got home today. I've been playing with samples since.
    Still waiting...impatience setting in...of course it could be my office building since it is the size of a small city.
    --Ben Hogan

TC - I think we placed our orders on the same day, but then you had that problem where you had to correct your billing, and at the time I think that put you about 3-4 days behind me. I'll be it'll arrive tomorrow or Fri.

Blog Entries

interesting thoughts! i'm quite excited...as my 2 full bottles of Sec and Two are somewhere winging themselves over to me any day now......i'm expecting the different....in fact i am ENCOURAGING the different with these 2. they are the final bottles left in the completion of my Knize collection. (aside from Belle Epoque from the women's side....which i'm not too keen on by description...)

I only discovered them yesterday after hearing about them on Basenotes.
    On looking, i discovered they had Knize 10 which is virtually impossible to find now, so I
    ordered a 50ml bottle and it's already shipped!

I'm very impressed (and a little excited too!! LOL)

Still nothing!I was expecting today to be it
    --Ben Hogan

Still nothing!I was expecting today to be it
    And still nothing. I'm concerned that the building number within this complex didn't get printed on the label. I've talke to the people here and they have seen nothing. I'm going to write them.
    --Ben Hogan

Funny that I had filled it in but when I check my account it says 00/00/0000. i updated it but it keeps going back to that. High Five. Aquarians are good people! I was actually born Friday the 13th and this year is going to be a Friday the 13th.
    The place is 11/10 !
    Birthday gifts are Europe only (postage).
    Last edited by narcus; 9th February 2009 at 04:20 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: My Order from ausliebezumduft.de-- Samples Received!

I want to say that my samples finally arrived today and you can, like many others, color me IMPRESSED. It two weeks on the dot but the sample sizes are great, I love how they are packaged in the nice bag with the spray cards and I loved the hand written, personal note telling me to enjoy the rare scents. I will definitely use them again. I'll also be back later with some news on the samples. I'm a little giddy.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 10th February 2009 at 04:13 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: My Order from Aus Liebe zum Duft-- Samples Received!

That was good news! I've been following this saga with growing interest. They are very generous with those samples. Enjoy!!!!

Best store/site for fragrances in Europe, par none!

[Edit] Never mind, I see 'Essenza Nobile' was mentioned before.
    Last edited by Domingo; 10th February 2009 at 06:05 PM.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Just upping this to say i'm taking notes from these contributions and i would gladly accept more suggestions on men must-have fragrances from this store since i have no idea whatsoever of where to start to become a smell hipster.

I've been using ALZD for about 2 years now, best sample service i've found by far. I've tried Les Senteurs and Luckyscent in the past but ALZD samples are a great size for a few full wearings and come in atomizers. Dispatch is always very quick (usually next day). Got about 8 samples from them 3 weeks ago and will be puchasing a full bottle of the mazzolari i sampled soon.
    My Current Top 5
    1. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    2. Mugler Cologne
    3. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Aramis Havana

Yes, Aus Liebe zum Duft and Essenza Nobile are my favourite fragrance shops and when you're living in Germany shipping for samples is free - yay!