Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    Recently, I revisited a small vial sample of this that I've had for more than a year...My love for it showed immediately as I applied it again....I remember liking it when I tried it previously but for some reason I kept making several blind buys and didn't buy this (something that I had tried and liked).

    Within about 5 minutes of spraying you can see thats its a fruity scent....The sillage and longevity seem really good to me since I just applied a fraction of ml from the little vial and could detect it for a while......I've read the reviews from the directory and a lot of them say that the ingredients in this are quite synthetic....well it is not something that bothers me at all....As long as I like something, it doesn't matter if its chemicals or natural ingredients.....

    For some reason there is not a single thread that has ever been opened for Comme des garcons 3...Why doesn't this get any mention on the board? I want some more opinions from my fellow basenoters....I am also bent upon buying this now and a little spur that I need, I know I will probably get from the contribution to this thread

    So....who likes this? and who doesn't? Does the synthetic feel of this fragrance (which is not visible to me as of now) get too much after you wear this a few times? Is it discontinued or still in production and what is the best place to find this cheap?

    Thanks in advance for all your input.....

  2. #2

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    I absolutely love it. Someone once described it as an abstract scent. I totally agree. I know it's heavily synthetic but it doesn't bother me. I think it works perfect and quite well with the usual CDG style.

    The only thing holding me back from owning a bottle, is its poor longevity. Though, I own a large decant.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Recently, I revisited a small vial sample of this that I've had for more than a year...My love for it showed immediately as I applied it again....I remember liking it when I tried it previously but for some reason I kept making several blind buys and didn't buy this (something that I had tried and liked).

    Within about 5 minutes of spraying you can see thats its a fruity scent....The sillage and longevity seem really good to me since I just applied a fraction of ml from the little vial and could detect it for a while......I've read the reviews from the directory and a lot of them say that the ingredients in this are quite synthetic....well it is not something that bothers me at all....As long as I like something, it doesn't matter if its chemicals or natural ingredients.....

    For some reason there is not a single thread that has ever been opened for Comme des garcons 3...Why doesn't this get any mention on the board? I want some more opinions from my fellow basenoters....I am also bent upon buying this now and a little spur that I need, I know I will probably get from the contribution to this thread

    So....who likes this? and who doesn't? Does the synthetic feel of this fragrance (which is not visible to me as of now) get too much after you wear this a few times? Is it discontinued or still in production and what is the best place to find this cheap?

    Thanks in advance for all your input.....
    Got my bottle off Ebay, blind, for a great price. I'm wearing it today! I love it.
    It's really odd that you call it fruity, because I find it to be floral and spicy. It's a sweet floral with rubber to me. And also it lasts all day on me.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,728

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    It happens to be the CdG scent that I own, that I wear the least (perhaps tied with Palisander (Series 2: Red)).

    Yes, I think of 3 as a very synthetic floral scent. Not fruity. It has a HUGE basil note, which IMO stands out like a sore thumb and get quite annoying if over applied (which I do, since 3 doesn't last on me unless I over apply).

    There are only very specific moments, when wearing a scent like this feels appropriate. Most other times, I feel like I'm wearing a shiny, metallic wig on my head.

    A fragrance I respect and admire, but rarely wear.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    I like floral scents, but this one was way too floral (or simple?) for me.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    Just bought this blind and I think it was worth it. It feels like a 21st century rendition of cologne. The opening is strange. I can feel the basil but coupled with something else it makes me think of... wassabi! Anyone else gets that note?

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,728

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Just bought this blind and I think it was worth it. It feels like a 21st century rendition of cologne. The opening is strange. I can feel the basil but coupled with something else it makes me think of... wassabi! Anyone else gets that note?
    Yes I can see what you mean about the wasabi note. I think wasabi and basil must share some of the same aromachemicals.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yes I can see what you mean about the wasabi note. I think wasabi and basil must share some of the same aromachemicals.
    I looked it up. Wassabi contains isothiocyanates
    Basil probably not but there is definately something they have in common.

  9. #9
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    I really like it a lot - it's very fresh and green. I haven't worn it in a while, so decided to make it my SOTD since this thread was resurrected.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  10. #10

    Default Re: Comme des garcons 3 - what do you think about this?

    I really like it, though don't love it enough to own or wear it regularly. As has been said it's synthetic and abstract and all that, I really enjoy the first 15 minutes of it, and if it stayed that way longer I'd be sold on a FB. I read in a review, and just can't get past how spot on it is, that after those first few minutes it takes on an OFF (or whatever other brand) bug spray note, that is simply unmistakable, perhaps it's the basil? I don't know, but it's fantastically odd, and is something that I appreciate for its uniqueness.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Similar Threads

  1. Perfume the Guide - new update
    By Lian in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 7th December 2008, 01:54 PM
  2. Are niche fragrances always more expensive than designer?
    By syracusa in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 26th January 2007, 04:30 PM
  3. Guerrillas in the Mist: Whither Comme des Garçons?
    By Serpent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th August 2006, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •