Code of Conduct

Default Channel Platinum Egoiste: It instantly connected with me in a way it never has...

Is there a fragrance that hit you like a HOLY GRAIL even though you were aware of it in the past? For it, it is Channel Platinum Egoiste. I have been in and out of love with it sinve the late 90s and early 2000 when I owned it once. I haven't owned it since and I have lived with the knowledge that I admire it but never bothered to smell it again at the counter. Tonight changed all that. I smelled it again and the hit was more intense than it ever was. It immediately went up to the top so I walked away with a 100 ml and a deodorant stick which is also fantastic. A Channel lover again, and for life this time!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel Platinum Egoiste: It instantly connected with me in a way it never has...

hey man. How is the longevity? The last time I tried it, it only lasted 5 hours on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel Platinum Egoiste: It instantly connected with me in a way it never has...

Same here, longevity is < 5 hours. I also found similarities to Creed Himalaya.

Longevity is great on me. I would say it is there until I have to change shirts and take a shower. If longevity is an issue for you, try layering with the deodorant stick and apply an additional spray to your shirt. It is a phenomenal fragrance. I am very familiar with creed himalaya and although I can see where the comparisons might be drawn, I prefer Channel PE. Himalaya has always been too sharp resulting in a headache on me. PE is a pure delight!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

yeah i gotta agree, i LOVE platinum egoiste. i got it for christmas and havent used it yet, scared of when it will go and not sure how much to spray and where on this one. anyway, to answer your question, chanel allure. i used to love this and recently smelt it again and had to get a bottle. im now the owner of the 100ml after shave lotion, 100ml edt and the deodrant spray.

I have enjoyed PE and received compliments while wearing it.

Last week, I got a wild hair and layered 212Men over PE, and it was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

For it, it is Channel Platinum Egoiste
    Cousin Itt? He has good taste then
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think PE is a great fragrance - really distinctive among fougères, in my opinion. I don't feel like wearing it often, but when I do, it's mesmerizing stuff. I just love to sniff it, even when I don't want to wear it.

Chanel is simply a great fragrance house that never takes a bad slip. I just tried Allure Homme Edition Blanche, and I have to say that they are still very much on the ball. When they can crank out the Nth flanker and it whoops ass on other people's big new launches, you really gotta hand it to them.