Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 26 January

Good morning!

I have a day off today, so my relaxed weekend mood continues in SL Encens et Lavande

Wish you all a smooth start for your week, make the most of your Monday.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 26 January

Today is a holiday for me too, in fact, this whole week is a Chinese new year school break! :bounce:

Happy chinese new year everyone!

I chose Coco Mademoiselle for this auspicious first day of ox year!

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 26 January

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

31rue cambon

Relaxing on a day off with Cinema (YSL.)

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to Tang's mention on another thread,
    Philosophy Falling In Love. Perfect with the periwinkle sweater I have on today.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Going in to work a little later today around 11 and I think I will wear Prada Infusion d'Iris. I haven't worn this one for a while and I miss it.

My SOTD is still Vicks, at least until I finally make it into the shower, but Small is obviously feeling a lot better today as she's just ambled over to my desk, snagged my bottle of Hypnotic Poison and liberally annointed herself. She's only 4 and her fingers aren't strong enough to press the atomiser properly, so she puts the bottle on the edge of the desk and pumps away at it like it was handwash. I swear she's going to be trailing clouds of almondy glory for the next week. It'll be fun taking her to the post office later.

Obviously we're a family of oriental wearers. My Mum took to my Shalimar like a duck to water ("I like to be able to smell my perfume", she said. I'd bought her Ivoire de Balmain and Fleurs de Roccaille from Caron, which she liked but said "they're lovely for church, nice and polite." Talk abut damning with faint praise!) I'll dab on anything that smells like a souk and now Small's favourite is HP. Could be worse. Could have been Opium.

Happy Monday!
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 26th January 2009 at 11:27 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    My SOTD is still Vicks, at least until I finally make it into the shower, but Small is obviously feeling a lot better today as she's just ambled over to my desk, snagged my bottle of Hypnotic Poison and liberally annointed herself. She's only 4 and her fingers aren't strong enough to press the atomiser properly, so she puts the bottle on the edge of the desk and pumps away at it like it was handwash. I swear she's going to be trailing clouds of almondy glory for the next week. It'll be fun taking her to the post office later.

Obviously we're a family of oriental wearers. My Mum took to my Shalimar like a duck to water ("I like to be able to smell my perfume", she said. I'd bought her Ivoire de Balmain and Fleurs de Roccaille from Caron, which she liked but said "they're lovely for church, nice and polite." Talk abut damning with faint praise!) I'll dab on anything that smells like a souk and now Small's favourite is HP. Could be worse. Could have been Opium.

Happy Monday!
    x
    Hope you all feel better soon. Your daughter sounds like my youngest who was sporting my Bellodgia at the ripe old age of 3 Your never to young to have excellent taste!
    Last edited by tdi; 26th January 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Public holiday here today too - Australia Day. Smelled like paint most of the morning and afternoon. Tried masking it a bit with Cinema Festival d'Ete but still distinctively paint-y. Just showered and got most of the paint off me (still some in my hair) and am wearing Organza.

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy New Year
    Vamp now,
    Ambre Narguile later
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post

Happy Monday!
    x
    oooo sorry to hear u are not feeling well. If you want to layer that Vick's scent may I suggest the Bath Tub Soothers? They are like Vicks "fizzies" for the shower. Pop one on the shower floor and take a long hot shower and it opens your nose up a bit. Pretty much all pharamacies have them in the cold & flu isle.

Its so funny u mention your 4yr old liking Hypnotic Poison. My 11yr went to the frag dept with me yesterday and I bought Midnight Poison and she wanted me to buy HER Hypnotic LOL...great minds think alike

Hope u feel better..

Sotd for me will be my new Midnight Poison
    co-workers BEWARE

Morning. Happy Australia day to those of you geographically or sentimentally inclined to celebrate.

Prada.

Happy New Year to our Chinese members!!!

Time to wear the new Lutens:

Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

Borneo 1834 has been compared to Coromandel and because they share a nose, Christopher Sheldrake, and two prominent notes in patchouli and chocolate I would guess the comparisons are inevitable. Borneo 1834's patchouli arrives on a flying carpet of camphor. The vapor trail this leaves behind is indelible and memorable. As the camphor recedes the patchouli changes character and it seems as if it becomes more herbal and a very light incense note compliments it through this stage of development. The biggest similarity I notice between Borneo 1834 and Coromandel is the source of the chocolate note. In both cases it is the smell of dry cocoa powder and not the lusher milk chocolate found in many gourmands. By using this aspect of chocolate as a note it keeps Borneo 1834 from being considered a gourmand. As the arid chocolate takes the spotlight there is a beautiful hint of wood that comes in, which I think is rosewood, and the sweet woody note really brings this home in fine style. I think that Borneo 1834 shows what a talented perfumer can do when he is using the same central players and yet still create something different.

Have a Happy Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Ormonde Jayne Tolu, from a sample. VERY powdery, moreso than I remembered it being. Maybe I just need to accept I don't like it much. Complicating matters is my sweater, which still smells strongly of yesterday's MJ Blush. Odd combo.

Happy Chinese NY & Australia day (I never knew... live and learn!)
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Thanks to the lovely and generous basenoters Asha and Lilybelle, my SOTD is

Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris

You girls know me better than I know myself ~ this one is very pretty!

Today IDOLE bY LUBIN

I had such a difficult time choose a SotM. I finally settled on Badgley Mischka, but it's not satisfying me. I have a phantom fragrance in my imagination's nose, and I don't know what it is. And if I did, I probably don't have it because it's definitely not my usual type. Oh well...I've got to get busy now. Chores are calling.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Today is a busy day, in no particular order:

Happy Australia Day,
    Happy Chinese New Year, &
    Happy Republic Day India...

Gris Clair - Serge Lutens

Trying out Possets Delaware (also known as Corporations, Sex and Money)

Fabienne says it's aquatic. I say it's Silver Roses with less vanilla and no chocolate.

Right now, hoping this week is less crazy than last week.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I was sorting through samples and found Obsession, a scent I managed to never discover in its heyday.

Oh my gosh! I had no idea it was so dirty!!! Bal à Versailles dirty. Obsession, where have you been all my life? I guess the answer is right under my nose, given the ubiquity. Welcome to Monday and to my wrists!

And Happy New Year, Happy Austaila Day, Republic Day, Happy Day to everyone celebrating and everyone just slogging through!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 27th January 2009 at 01:28 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Thanks to a wonderful and generous SA, I am wearing a sample of Narciso Rodrigues Essence. It is supposed to be a daytime scent with iris, rose and amber over musk

This starts out as floral. A very soft floral. More flower petals than cut flowers. No sense at all of plants in the garden. More Iris than rose. More very soft musk than amber.

I can't quite see this as sunlight. Dawn or daylight maybe, but not direct sun, at least not at the beginning.

I'm not in love but I keep smelling it. It may win me over.

Good morning everybody Today is studyday for me....Need lots of coffee because I can't seem to wake up!! Feeling very sophisticated in Le baiser du dragon today.Been missing this lately! I guess it's apropriate enough for today since it's chinese new year's today Happy celebration!!!

Sur la Plage

Prada Infusion d'Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Happy Chinese New Year and also happy Aussie day!

Wearing Gaultier2 today. Just returned from an appointment with my sadistic Danish dentist. He is always mad at me for not using dental floss... OK, I will start using it from today, though I find it somewhat disgusting....

Happy Chinese New Year Everyone
    Today I'm wearing Apparition.
    My sister was over last night wearing it,
    I loved it so much,
    she offered to leave me her bottle for decanting
    What a doll!!!
    I like it on me too, but prefer it on her.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Blog Entries

I have the oddest fragrance on today: L'Artisan Jour de Fête (a sample) smells very much like Play Doh.

Even odder is the fact that I rather like it.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 26th January 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Michael Storer's very beautiful Genvieve for my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Thanks to Tang's mention on another thread,
    Philosophy Falling In Love. Perfect with the periwinkle sweater I have on today.

Take care, everyone!
    Periwinkle IS perfect. And thanks to Agent Provocateur's mention on that same thread, I'm wearing Blackberry Amber today.

Notes from OsMoz:

Top notes: Blackberry, Dewberry, Red Raspberry
    Heart notes: Jasmine, Heliotrope, Light Caramel
    Base notes: Vanilla, Golden Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk
    Last edited by tang; 26th January 2009 at 03:48 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I have the oddest fragrance on today: L'Artisan Jour de Fête (a sample) smells very much like Play Doh.

Even odder is the fact that I rather like it.
    I came across an ACTUAL playdoh fragrance at Ulta yesterday..your right it is very odd. They even had jelly belly smells lol

I just checked..Demeter makes them..all foody and fun flavors. On their website looks like a sale going on if your interested
    Last edited by 911opr; 26th January 2009 at 03:52 PM.

Cheers to those of you celebrating holidays! Wish I could join you in a day (or a week) off, but out I go to work. SotD is the aromatic and enigmatic AOMASSAI.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

My new default frag: JL Scherrer for day (Iris Noir at bedtime)
    DH is in Hindu Kush

Work finally showed up, and now I'm going to be busy for the next three weeks. We are losing some advertisers due to the economic climate, so we'll see what the future brings.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Take care of that cold Wordy!
    Wearing Armani Code for Women today.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Institution

H&M by Comme des Garcons

Wordbird, your daughter has good taste.

Glad your feeling better WORD!

Happy celebrations to all who are joining in on their festivities.

It's PARFUM SACRE for me this morning. One of my winter favorites.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Forget about the Badgely Mischka. It just wasn't happening today. I scrubbed it off, and now I'm joining Ubu in Fleur Oriental. I feel much happier now.

It is (for want of a less colloquial way of putting things) colder than a well digger's ass here in Oklahoma today, so I've chosen the warm, spicy, woody comfort of Lanvin's Arpège pour Homme to help me face the day.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Penhaligon's Victorian Posy for me today. I feel so proper! Enjoy your holidays, all that are celebrating.

I'm wearing Blue Amber today for a day off. The weathermen are predicting snow and ice storms for later today. How far away is Spring?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Holiday to those celebrating today.

Wearing Obsession for this pretty Monday. Twin sister with Nostalgie.

Happy Chinese New Year, Australian Day, and Republic Day (India), all!

Exchanged the EL Beautiful, which was just not me for another Lauder -- Knowing. Knowing is much more me, even though it is as powerful as a Lake Michigan breeze.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

Smile Re: SotD Monday 26 January

Today I'm in a cloud of plummy patchouli yumminess, Isvaraya from Indult (from a sample). This is SO FBW to me.

Must de Cartier

I am wearing Ormonde Jayne Woman rushing about, hectic at work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 911opr View Post
    I came across an ACTUAL playdoh fragrance at Ulta yesterday..your right it is very odd. They even had jelly belly smells lol

I just checked..Demeter makes them..all foody and fun flavors. On their website looks like a sale going on if your interested
    I actually did smell the Demeter Pay Doh scent at Marshall's a few months back. Quite realistic, but the L'Artisan one is much, much smoother...

Chanel No. 19 EdT again today, at least for now. This morning at my Weight Watch*rs meeting I walked past a woman and got a strong whiff of sweet, buttery tuberose. Perfume was not on my mind, and I was taken aback when my mouth uttered, "Fracas." Well, the woman wasn't particularly impressed, but it amused me nonetheless (even though it's very recognizable).

Estee Lauder's Sensuous on this very cold, grey Monday.

Moving slow today and stewing in Madini's ~ Khadija. Reminds me of Obsession, will have to do a side by side. Just 2 drops of Khadija and I am smelling up the house. Going to have to shower and change latter for the gym. This is not a clean and fresh scent!

Today I am wearing Rochas Absolu

Happy Chinese New Year, Australian Day, and Republic Day!!

Was out and about today, in Le Chevrefeuille.

(Your little story is wonderful, Wordie ).

Today it's Prada Infusion d'Iris. Haven't worn it in a while...a lovely choice for this overcast day...

Happy New Year to our friends worldwide on the lunar calendar! Can someone get me some gau? Yum...

Zegna Intenso
    Gary

Evening in Fleur de Weil

Basenotes Institution

Still wearing Genie Des Bois .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Chinese New Years, Australia Day, and Republic Day to those who celebrate, and a happy Monday to all.

SotD: Kingdom again. This is growing on me. It's not what I expected (skankfest), but it has great evolution, is beautifully rounded (civet, perhaps?) and feels very very French. And the drydown is just gorgeous.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Testing Timbuktu today.

Happy Chinese New Year!
    Last edited by *dora*; 26th January 2009 at 10:26 PM.

posting really late today, but wearing KM Gourmandises over Perlier white almond cream, pretty much I smell like dessert.

Back to the alphabet: Daim Blond. This is one that I sometimes love and sometimes scrub, but I love it often enough that it's absolutely worth having a bottle. Today it's very nice. My half-failing got-a-cold nose is detecting something extra buttery in there - foody butter instead of "buttery" leather. Odd, but nice.

Crayfish

Tonight I'm sampling the very delicious
    Private Collection: Cuir d'Iris by Parfumerie Generale

Notes from Lucky Scent:

cardamom, Iris old black, leather, woods,
    vetiver, Rizophora tannin, amber, incense

Wow, what a stunner!!!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali