Code of Conduct

Default Best way to ship a bottle of perfume?

I've been looking around and apparently its illegal to mail perfume via USPS?

Default Re: Best way to ship a bottle of perfume?

I think it depends on the size; as in, full bottles might be illegal to ship via USPS. Samples should be OK, or there's a lot of companies breaking the law. I know private carriers like UPS or DHL will ship it, though.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

Its a 1.7 oz bottle.

Think about how many ebay frag sellers must be shipping their bottles with USPS Priority !

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

USPS Parcel Post is OK; our post office will not allow it to go Priority.

Flamable goods, such as perfume, are prohibited if the shipping method includes transport via airplane. Regular old ground shipping is fine, though. I've had no problem with USPS for 100ml bottles.

i have shipped 80% of my collection from US and i specifically go for USPS. my parcel size has been varying from 4-6 bottles in one package and i always go for express shipping. lands at my door in India in 5-7 days flat.

a single bottle, i wouldnt mind shipping it in bubble mailer envelope...i got my MPG's and parfumerie generale by this method. USPS rocks ! jst make sure you wrap the bottle in bubble wrap..thts it...and declare it as face wash or some...

as long as you do not declare it as "Highly Inflammable" you shud be ok...
    Last edited by jenson; 30th January 2009 at 07:27 PM.

I don't want to incriminate myself, but I mailed it Priority. I tripped ziploc bagged it as well as used half a roll of bubble wrap on it. The clerk didn't ask about what was in it.

I've sent packages USPS with FB's ranging from 1.7 to 3.3 oz of fragrances to Australia,UK, Denmark, Bangkok, and even Iran without a hitch other than filling out a customs label describing the contents as used cosmetics samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Think about how many ebay frag sellers must be shipping their bottles with USPS Priority !
    I'm a frequent eBay perfume buyer and the answer is all of the sellers so far that I've purchased from use USPS. (I bought about 60 perfumes so far from eBay 1.7 oz. - 4.2 oz. some purchases were multiple perfumes per package..some were for me and some were Christmas gifts and they ALL were shipped USPS Priority Mail and USPS Parcel Post). As for the packaging... Some were shipped in bubble wrap mailer envelopes but most were shipped in a box and the perfumes were wrapped individually in bubble wrap inside the box. All arrived safe and undamaged. I'm am not sure which is legal though because I do not sell/ ship perfume or cologne...I only purchase them. Hope this helps.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

If you're interesting in the nitty gritty there is an old thread or two in which the particulars were well covered by a BNer who had asked specifically about the legalities. The bottom line was that airmail is not legal with "potentially hazardous" materials but there was a lot more to it that I don't remember. Cast around in the archives?

How funny after I wrote that I have not shipped/ sent perfume in the mail, I recieved a defective perfume without a sprayer (the perfume leaked in the box due to the missing sprayer). I tried to ship the perfume that was defective back for a replacement. I waited in the post office line but it was too long (I had to return to work) so I went to the automated machines where you can weigh and print your items yourself. To make a long story short...I had to ship it Priority (was the only option) and there were screen prompts that said "is this a liquid, flammable, or potentially hazardous item" (perfume was listed as an example), when I clicked "yes" the item transaction cancelled. So no perfume cannot be shipped Priority mail legally. The only way to ship perfume using USPS Priority mail is to lie about it's contents...
    Last edited by xXjEnNyXx; 2nd February 2009 at 01:07 AM.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3