Code of Conduct

Default Chanel PE vs. Paco XS vs. carolina herrera

I have read that these three are similar to each other.

Which is the best of the three as far as smell, longevity, etc? What are their major differences?

Chanel is obviously more expensive than the other two which are cheap only. is the PE sufficiently better to justify the price differential?

Default Re: Chanel PE vs. Paco XS vs. carolina herrera

All 3 are nice. You should probably smell them yourself to determine which YOU like best. If you were to ask me, I say Chanel PE

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    All 3 are nice. You should probably smell them yourself to determine which YOU like best. If you were to ask me, I say Chanel PE
    Why PE? That's the only one I can probably find in a store these days to test

I like all 3.....I must say that Chanel PE is the better of the 3.....As always sample if You can!!
    Gary

In Order:

PE (One of my favorites.)
    CH
    XS

I just returned from Nordstroms where I tried both PE and CH. I ended up buying PE. CH has a sweet note in there somewhere that just doesn't work with the other notes. I didnt like it at all.

PE however--while you don't need hair on your chest to pull this off, it definitely helps.

Gents, so I am really diggin Chanel PE and want to try similar scents.

As I said, I don't like CH because of the clove note. So I am aiming for Paco XS and Burberry Classic for Men.

Are either of these two good blind purchases? I can probably find Burberry at Sephora but not Paco.

I just started my love affair with Channel PE and I love it. I only wish it had more projection than it does. However I 've only had it for a week so I am still experimenting with the dosage.

Good quality juice that makes you feel sexy and alluring.

Even more important is it's availability. If you travel more than likely you can find it at the duty free store. I need something I can purchase fairly easy when I run out. I hate getting hooked on something you have to hunt for....way too emotional for this guy.

Paco XS

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Paco XS
    Why Paco XS?

I tried Burberry Classic and wasn't impressed. It's an okay smell.

but how does paco XS differ from Chanel PE?

I would say Paco xs and CH simply because you can get both for the price of one bottle of chanel PE. CH is light and spicy w a great dry-down. XS in very underrated and seems to have possibly inspired Creed Himalaya and is definitely loved by ladies (i think i might lose all credibility on here for using that as a selling point) PE is very nice but is sort of Cool Water Platinum or CW Winter. if it was in a blue bottle or didn't say Chanel on the bottle it wouldn't be so loved. XS and CH also last longer, on me at least.

For me, it's a close contest between Chanel PE and Paco XS

I just want to clarify . If I buy a bottle of Paco XS or Caronlina Herrera men I will notice an immediate resemblance to Chanel PE but it will last longer ? Paco xs even more so than Carolina Herrera Men?

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I just want to clarify . If I buy a bottle of Paco XS or Caronlina Herrera men I will notice an immediate resemblance to Chanel PE but it will last longer ? Paco xs even more so than Carolina Herrera Men?
    I don't think CH is like PE. But with the XS i do think there is much more of a resemblance in the top, then dries down with more musk and wood,and it last longer. PE is very light and fleeting on me.

The review of XS pour Homme by silentrich pretty much sums up my thoughts.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121716.html

Sounds interesting. The problem I have with trying Paco XS is that it is only available in a small size from the online store that I trust. What if I buy it and like it ? The only other online stores that have it are fragrance x amazon ebay 99perfume etc. Has anyone used these stores ?

So if I like Chanel PE that much I shouldn't hesitate to blind buy Paco XS ?

Platinum, from your list

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I don't think CH is like PE. But with the XS i do think there is much more of a resemblance in the top, then dries down with more musk and wood,and it last longer. PE is very light and fleeting on me.
    I agree that CH is dissimilar to PE. PE is brighter and cleaner. CF is more laid back but it has that clove note that doesn't really work for me. It's out of place.

With XS--still debating whether to buy it blind.

I don't think those three are alike at all to be honest. And Chanel PE is head and shoulders above the other two in my own personal opinion. But that's the thing - That's MY own opinion. It doesn't really mean anything in terms of which YOU will like best. By all means, read reviews and ask for opinions, but you gotta test stuff to see what YOU think. Because after all, that's what really matters!

[QUOTE=thatmakesscents;2243755]Sounds interesting. The problem I have with trying Paco XS is that it is only available in a small size from the online store that I trust. What if I buy it and like it ? The only other online stores that have it are fragrance x amazon ebay 99perfume etc. Has anyone used these stores ?

I dont think you have to worry about anyone faking paco xs. Only the absolute most popular colognes are faked. Also in NY there should be plenty of perfume stores to test all of these right?

[QUOTE=heperd;2244035]
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Sounds interesting. The problem I have with trying Paco XS is that it is only available in a small size from the online store that I trust. What if I buy it and like it ? The only other online stores that have it are fragrance x amazon ebay 99perfume etc. Has anyone used these stores ?

I dont think you have to worry about anyone faking paco xs. Only the absolute most popular colognes are faked. Also in NY there should be plenty of perfume stores to test all of these right?

I wouldn't worry about them faking Paco either. And if I were to pull the trigger, it would be from amazon, shipped from amazon. I think the 3.4oz is not available anywhere for cheaper than Amazon. I bought Creed GIT from amazon (legit), Dior Fahrenheit (just shipped), and boss Bottled (legit).

If you do try it, give me your opinion. I am really into these type of scents. Already have A&F Fierce and Chanel PE and like both.

[QUOTE=musicdotcm;2257103]
    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    If you do try it, give me your opinion. I am really into these type of scents. Already have A&F Fierce and Chanel PE and like both.
    I recently tried a sample of Paco XS from the scented monkey and it smelled almost identical to Chanel PE. On me longevity is about the same. Although I mentioned yesterday that I put PE on again for the first time in a while and it lasted for 5+ hours so go figure.

Paco XS is still widely available but the extreme version with the brown top is not as far as my online research discovered. One BN poster mentioned buying the extreme would be redundant. Another poster mentioned the extreme is far superior as far as "strength" goes. I've only tried extreme so I don't know.

Try it but I doubt it will blow you away. It may however save you money if you decide to drop the PE in favor of XS.

[QUOTE=thatmakesscents;2257138]
    Quote Originally Posted by musicdotcm View Post

I recently tried a sample of Paco XS from the scented monkey and it smelled almost identical to Chanel PE. On me longevity is about the same. Although I mentioned yesterday that I put PE on again for the first time in a while and it lasted for 5+ hours so go figure.

Paco XS is still widely available but the extreme version with the brown top is not as far as my online research discovered. One BN poster mentioned buying the extreme would be redundant. Another poster mentioned the extreme is far superior as far as "strength" goes. I've only tried extreme so I don't know.

Try it but I doubt it will blow you away. It may however save you money if you decide to drop the PE in favor of XS.
    So I got the paco xs today. As it stands I have Chanel PE, Paco XS and A&F Fierce. I do notice similarities between them but my nose is not sophisticated enough to identify common notes. I don't think anyone can confuse these three for each other--at least I can't.

I really dig Chanel PE, ditto with A&F Fierce. paco xs--we'll just see. I am going to give it a full wear tomorrow.