Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Blue Lotus Absolute

Quote Originally Posted by I.D.Adam View Post
    Source?
    Really, you guys need to try libertynatural.com they have amazing prices on most oils, very legit and economical! Here are two screenshots of their prices, looks like they have white and pink lotus.
    Screenshot_20190711-185040_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190711-185035_Chrome.jpg

its 2019 and i tried buying some "Blue lotus Absolute" from living libation.
    I made my decision based on long hours of research searching for all the different possible stores that claim to sell this but even long hours of research is still a stab in the dark because you will never really know what your buying unless your there in person to smell it. $145 USD for 2.5mls was considered slightly above average compared to other suppliers.

I should of looked at the reviews more carefully. all the reviews for their blue lotus were all written on the same date.... so high chance of them being fake. anyways to ME, only an opinion of 1. i think it definitely has synthetic chemicals in it, even if its only 2% of the whole solution, its very apparent to someone who works with natural. Theres a commercial soapy nuance The fragrance of the B.L absolute stayed exactly the same throughout the whole experience on my skin. If it was mostly natural i would expect it to smell slightly different on my skin compared to straight smelling it out the bottle. I would also expect time, heat and chemistry of my skin to change the oil over the whole duration of the experience but it remained absolutely stationary. very dull, bland lifeless cheap fixative oil on my skin. the sheen produced by the oil on my skin looks off, a bad looking shiney. The oil is thin, amber-ish in colour, consistent. Doesnt seem to have an solids or precipitates.
    has a top note of what smells like a slightly floral banana but not in a good way. It does nothing for my olfactory nerves, if this was genuine i would expect at least a very slight psychological effect on my nervous system..... but nothing. i wanted to find things i like about this oil but i felt sad and didnt want people looking for the real thing to also be disapointed. The oil lasted for about 3-4 hours on my skin.

Also tried mixing this with their "oakmoss absolute", to see how the lotus would react in liquid, aromatically on my skin and chemically. I also tried mixing it alittle with a swipe of oud oil from ensar's sampler pack. all i can say is not many facts or points that i can find suggesting this is an oil i can recommend. 3.5/10 maybe, still under going more experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by chrysalice View Post
    its 2019 and i tried buying some "Blue lotus Absolute" from living libation.
    I made my decision based on long hours of research searching for all the different possible stores that claim to sell this but even long hours of research is still a stab in the dark because you will never really know what your buying unless your there in person to smell it. $145 USD for 2.5mls was considered slightly above average compared to other suppliers.

I should of looked at the reviews more carefully. all the reviews for their blue lotus were all written on the same date.... so high chance of them being fake. anyways to ME, only an opinion of 1. i think it definitely has synthetic chemicals in it, even if its only 2% of the whole solution, its very apparent to someone who works with natural. Theres a commercial soapy nuance The fragrance of the B.L absolute stayed exactly the same throughout the whole experience on my skin. If it was mostly natural i would expect it to smell slightly different on my skin compared to straight smelling it out the bottle. I would also expect time, heat and chemistry of my skin to change the oil over the whole duration of the experience but it remained absolutely stationary. very dull, bland lifeless cheap fixative oil on my skin. the sheen produced by the oil on my skin looks off, a bad looking shiney. The oil is thin, amber-ish in colour, consistent. Doesnt seem to have an solids or precipitates.
    has a top note of what smells like a slightly floral banana but not in a good way. It does nothing for my olfactory nerves, if this was genuine i would expect at least a very slight psychological effect on my nervous system..... but nothing. i wanted to find things i like about this oil but i felt sad and didnt want people looking for the real thing to also be disapointed. The oil lasted for about 3-4 hours on my skin.

Also tried mixing this with their "oakmoss absolute", to see how the lotus would react in liquid, aromatically on my skin and chemically. I also tried mixing it alittle with a swipe of oud oil from ensar's sampler pack. all i can say is not many facts or points that i can find suggesting this is an oil i can recommend. 3.5/10 maybe, still under going more experimentation.
    Thanks for the review. Good supplies are hard to find. Most extractions of "Blue Lotus" should be yellow (almost greenish, like when you paint your nails with dandelions) and if they are not, it's a general giveaway. They're also usually not very 'oily' in their texture and absolutely should never have a soapy smell. Have you reached out to them suggesting their solution was not "pure and natural"? I'd be curious what they respond with. They claim it is from wildcrafted plants but most of them are farmed and absolutely not wildcrafted - you would need so many it would basically be impossible. I'd be curious if you called them out - they might be scamming or they may just not realize their supplier is fake.
    Last edited by mewmew; 22nd October 2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Aromas Del Cielo View Post
    Really, you guys need to try libertynatural.com they have amazing prices on most oils, very legit and economical! Here are two screenshots of their prices, looks like they have white and pink lotus.
    Screenshot_20190711-185040_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190711-185035_Chrome.jpg
    LibertyNatural is great! However, they do not sell Blue Lilly absolute (commonly referred to as blue lotus) which is not a lotus plant and does not smell like white/pink lotus (Nelumbo Nucifera).

I contacted living libations to ask them a few questions:

“I have a question about your Blue Lotus Absolute. Is it natural or is it a reconstitution (remade to match the composition)? the reviews on that page are all from the same day and look very fake. Your products were recommended by someone else, but I'm concerned about purchasing the Blue Lotus. It also says it is "wildcrafted" - this is almost impossible, so is this true or is this a mistake? Most all Blue Lotus is farmed. Please advise! Product for reference: https://www.livinglibations.com/us/blue-lotus-absolute”

Response:

“Thank you for your email. Our Blue Lotus is an absolute and not a reconstitution. It took years to find a blue lotus that tests pure, please find the lab reports in the product page images.

Indeed, it is cultivated and we appreciate you bringing the wildcrafted note to our attention for correcting.

And, yes four reviews for blue lotus on one day would be a coincidence, yet, the reviews from one day is from a site migration we did in 2015 which reloaded previous reviews.”

This is a very reasonable answer and I understand the migration situation very well.

I also wanted to note the blue lotus does not change its scent the way many naturals do. You can think of it as a champaca like smell (but not as room clearing as champaaca) that stays fairly consistent. It should not smell soapy but it lasts about 3 (undiluted) and does not change its scent profile during that time.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mewmew View Post
    it lasts about 3
    Three what?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.