Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense and Hypnose Homme

Hi fellow basenoters,

This is my first post..

Today at the mall i was comparing between CK Euphoria Intense and Hypnose Homme. Both frags seem almost alike. I like sweet frags and i maybe considering buying both.

Will buying both be a waste of money because they smell alike? Advice pls...

Thanks and cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense and Hypnose Homme

Welcome to the forum. If you're like me you probably hovered around for a while before posting!

Take your time before you hand over money for 2 similar frags. Try to find something in one that justifies purchase over and above the other.

Good luck!

Interesting thread, because I really enjoyed my Euphoria Intense sample I got from Macys. When it dried down though, I realized that it was quite similar to Hypnose, which I own and absolutely love. So I realized it would be a bit redundant to own both Hypnose and Euphoria. I'd definetely go with the Hypnose.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to BN! I own Hypnose and the regular Euphoria. There are some similarities - both are somewhat sweet. The Euphoria Intense has more ginger, but gourmand touches as well.

As a general matter, I don't think it's a problem having multiple fragrances from the same genre, or even similar fragrances, as long as you like them both. However, if money is an issue - or if you want to try different styles and broaden your collection - it may make more sense to pick one of the two, buy something different as a second bottle for now, and then come back and buy the other later.

I used to really, really like Hypnose - I even bought the pricey aftershave balm and everything (anyone want it? It's used once and it was almost $50), but lately I haven't been reaching for it that much at all. Perhaps I need to give it another shot one of these days. My wife bought the Euphoria for me because she liked the way it smelled. It's pretty good, but I have a limited tolerance for ginger smells so sometimes I find it cloying.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the replies and advise. Will take note. I won't be rushing to purchase. In Malaysia perfumes are very expensive. Over here frags are a luxury that many of us can afford once or twice a year.

Btw...in Malaysia Guerlains are cheaper than Calvins, polos, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, now that you put it that way, I'd definitely get a two fragrances that are from different genres.

Welcome Jonny,
    how are the frags priced over there in Msia as compared to Singapore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junkfood View Post
    Welcome Jonny,
    how are the frags priced over there in Msia as compared to Singapore?
    I'm not sure bout S'pore but in Msia a Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme 50ml costs RM 230. How are the prices like in S'pore?

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I'm not sure bout S'pore but in Msia a Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme 50ml costs RM 230. How are the prices like in S'pore?
    Is the price you are quoting from department stores? I think this costs about S$50 here in those 'duty-free' shops.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the price you are quoting from department stores? I think this costs about S$50 here in those 'duty-free' shops.
    Ok that's cheap. U come to msia often?

Malaysia Boleh! Hello from another Malaysian here...

I constantly raid the store called Jasina in SIngapore (100ml bottles from SGD70-80).
    The people are lovely and u get to find discontinued stuff as well. eg my Patou Pour Homme
    http://www.jasina.com.sg/

i generally avoid purchasing frags in Malaysia due to the lack of variety (all dept stores everywhere sell the same stuff) and are generally expensive
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Ok that's cheap. U come to msia often?
    Nope... i have not been there for more than 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
    Malaysia Boleh! Hello from another Malaysian here...

I constantly raid the store called Jasina in SIngapore (100ml bottles from SGD70-80).
    The people are lovely and u get to find discontinued stuff as well. eg my Patou Pour Homme
    http://www.jasina.com.sg/

i generally avoid purchasing frags in Malaysia due to the lack of variety (all dept stores everywhere sell the same stuff) and are generally expensive
    That sounds bad... seriously, are there any places besides department stores there to get them?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds bad... seriously, are there any places besides department stores there to get them?
    Well there are some of these small perfume shops that offer about 20%-30% discounts for most perfumes. But u know its Malaysia so i have my doubts sometimes whether its the real thing. The stock is really old too. Sasa over here also sells at a cheaper price but they only have designer frags. Isetan in Msia also has Creed..RM 550 for 100ml. We've got Robinsons here too but their frag selection is kinda pathetic.same old designer stuff. How about the frag selection at Robinsons Spore? Coz i do visit Spore once in a while as i have a few relatives there.

Conclusion: Malaysia is a fragrance hell !! Little variety with terribly high prices.