Code of Conduct

Default NEW: DKNY Men (not to be confused with the old one).

Looks like this one slipped under our noses.

Anyway, I just saw this on the Sephora website... a new fragrance from DKNY called DKNY Men. This one isn't in the skyscraper bottle... it's in a Flatiron Building-shaped bottle (minus the Sprint sign). And it has new juice, plus the notes sound interesting for a change (an aromatic woody scent).

I assume this means that the old DKNY Men (which hasn't been sold in US stores for eons) is discontinued?
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: NEW: DKNY Men (not to be confused with the old one).

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I assume this means that the old DKNY Men (which hasn't been sold in US stores for eons) is discontinued?

oh.......thats bad news.......my gf wears only this during summer.....you mean prices of those skyscrapers bottles are going to hit the roof now?

Not really much info here but at least you can see the full range of the new DKNY men:

http://sharpformen.com/blog/2009/01/...ce-collection/

Set for release in March 2009, DKNYMEN’s fragrance collection will be available at Sears, the Bay, and select retailers across Canada.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

The notes sound good to me!

I was in Sephora and didn't see it. Anyone tried this yet. I saw it on the front page here

http://www.basenotes.net/industry_ne...-dkny-men.html
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

The notes sound really nice on this one. I am going to sample it for sure. It is now available @ sephora.com, but maybe not in the brick and mortar stores yet. Love the bottle too.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 13th February 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: gonna lol...me and my southern speak

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    The notes sound really nice on this one. I am gonna sample it for sure. It is now available @ sephora.com, but maybe not in the brick and mortar stores yet. Love the bottle too.
    I agree. I like the notes and the bottle. Maybe I'll find some soon.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Tested this one at macy's and its no where near as innovative as the first one. the first one was awesome . This new one blows . Smells just like everything else out there. Pass

i was in selfidges today and this was there, first day and it had all its women offering samples and all the rest. i spray it on my wrist and think, ralph lauren romance silver gone bad. honestly, this is bland,boring stuff and i would definetly, like blacklibran1, pass on this one. on a better note, i smelt joop thrill today for the 1st time and its amazing.

I found it to smell like the new Brooks Brothers New York for men but with a little more spice.

Nothing new or modern kind of dated if you ask me.

It can be found at Macys

I knew it would be too much to think that this would be anything worth trying. How can these companies keep putting products like these out into the market? They must have a very high mark-up!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

I never heard of re-using the name of a prior discontinued fragrance to create a totally diffrent concept fragrance....

Aramis / Estee Lauder must be hurting -

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I never heard of re-using the name of a prior discontinued fragrance to create a totally diffrent concept fragrance....

Aramis / Estee Lauder must be hurting -

Just read Lauder's financials from last quarter... fragrance was the weakest link due to all the competitive pressures.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

It's really good and I like it a lot. It has a strange chemical brashness to it at first but the drydown is lovely. Dior Homme-ish powderiness with a woody-amber base. The original just stayed chemical for me.

A little confused here. According to the Fragrance Directory "DK Men" is the same as "Fuel For Men". Is the one we're talking about a totally different fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    A little confused here. According to the Fragrance Directory "DK Men" is the same as "Fuel For Men". Is the one we're talking about a totally different fragrance?
    It is not DK Men which is part of the Donna Karen Men's Line

This is DKNY which is her Donna Karen New York line which is a hip urban clothing line for men and women based on the Manhattan scene (I would think)

I smelled this stuff yesterday at Macys, and bought a 3.4 on the spot...wow! unexpectedly phenomenal!!

Summed up in a few words: Infusion d’Homme sport

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    It's really good and I like it a lot. It has a strange chemical brashness to it at first but the drydown is lovely. Dior Homme-ish powderiness with a woody-amber base. The original just stayed chemical for me.
    strangely im interested to try this,.. i wonder why, many people think is similar to aquatics in the reviews i read.

for me, Infusion D'Homme is the sport version of this

I actually REALLY like this one. Very masculine soapy smell with a little bit of a bulgari aqua twist to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dynastyd95 View Post
    I actually REALLY like this one. Very masculine soapy smell with a little bit of a bulgari aqua twist to it.
    I like it too. More masculine and mature than most things at the Macys counter for sure.

I really liked it too! It has an interesting top note!

I like this one and am wearing it today. Damn..I know I have smelled something almost identical to it, I just can't remember.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

On first sampling I detested this, but I'm going to give this another try to work tomorrow.
    I thought it smelled sour and synthetic.
    I will report in 2 days what I thought about it on 2nd wearing.

I really like it. It is much of an improvement over the old DKNY Men, plus a hugely better bottle as well. I have bought a bottle of this and would likely replace it whenever it runs out. Good stuff! Smart move by DKNY to rebrand this.

what about the smell ?? is really aquatic ?

Well, finally i tried it last saturday. To me, is a nostalgic smell, soft, subtle, magnetic and something in the memory to be in somekind of deja vu aroma.. more than a fresh-woody category, i find a dusty-floral smell in some watery-cold atmosphere.

I have just come to believe that SirSlarty is a Estee Lauder agent and his brain washing techniques which he was taught were used successfully against basenote members.

- your commander Leonard Lauder will be proud of you!
    Last edited by scentimus; 22nd June 2009 at 09:40 AM.

Nah, this is a really good fragrance, it surprised the hell out of me, so much so I went to FB status with it and wear it often.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Given my very limited wardrobe I don't think it's bottle-worthy, nevertheless one of the nicest surprises for a long time.

Didn't care for it...

I like DKNY Men (new) also and highly recommend it. It's not unique, but it is a very easy to live with fresh fragrance that moves to the top of my list of ultra clean fresh scents that includes Escentric Molecules O2, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, Gendarme, and Outrageous. Iso E Super + Ambroxin - Yes, and probably other synthetics too, but this is a nicely mixed variety of light citrus, woods and aromatics.

Works great in the heat!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 22nd June 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    I like this one and am wearing it today. Damn..I know I have smelled something almost identical to it, I just can't remember.

Best,

Otto
    Don┤t get me wrong, I think this fragrance is ok, but to me this is Estee Lauders version of Aqcua Di Gio.

mmm,... what a nose... an aqua di gio in this dkny ?┐ i dont understand the relation..
    Last edited by omniray; 22nd June 2009 at 08:40 PM.

I have just come to believe that SirSlarty is a Estee Lauder agent and his brain washing techniques which he was taught were used successfully against basenote members.

I have no hidden agenda at all.

Nah ! ......he works alone. Maybe the only Leonard he speaks to is Nimoy.

I wish I knew which sample I got from the free Macy's goody bag.. not all of them are new. I got Acqua di Gio and Le Male samples in it as well. It came in it a little plastic pocket, all the other ones came in cards and showed the bottle.

Edit: never mind, it says premiering in March 09 so I guess it is the new one. I'll give it a try tomorrow
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 24th June 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Tried today the new DKNY Men Cologne (in a blue bottle). Haven't found any info on this in the Internet. I like this version more: it is more watery, so I think it would more comfortable to wear it. But in the whole the scent is the same.

Adidas Deep Energy (similar)

I thought I would repost in this thread instead of starting a new one. I discovered DKNY men about 18 months ago when I was buying a fragrance before I was visiting new york. It was a pretty standard procedure at that time, walk into the bay, and say "I'll buy this fragrance if you give me a good number of samples", and it was always at that time "Le Male". So picked up Le Male and sorted out some of the sample haul when I got home. I noticed this one and decided that since the sales lady gave me about 5 of them, I would take them on my 1 week trip.

I wore it, and definitely liked it, "wowed" - no, however, liked it, and appreciated that I could still pick up traces of it later in the evening. I sampled it again a few months ago and realized how much I liked it, and the similarity it has to Acqua di Gio. Finally got a chance to buy a bottle at a good price from a great fellow basenoter. First off, the bottle is top notch, very heavy glass with a fantastic heavy cap. The fragrance is excellent, great longevity on my skin (the best of any fresh scent I have tried). It smells to my nose as a very well done, grown up ADG (which was done by the same perfumier)

Great fragrance, super happy with it.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    Smells just like everything else out there. Pass
    To the point.