Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge Eau De Cologne has landed.

I can't wait to give this a full wearing tomorrow. On my wrist, this is heavenly. Opening was heavy lemon/berg, but now, I am finding it hard to describe. It smells great though. I will know more tomorrow.

Also, seeing that this is a EDC, how many sprays is recommended for a full wearing?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Habit Rouge Eau De Cologne has landed.

Hi. I am surprised you found the edc as most places sell the edt. Anyway, the number of sprays will depend on you greately. I use two spritzes to the chest area and one on each arm but that is edt which, is a little stronger. Try three or four spritzes at first as you can always increase the dose. I am sure you will enjoy Habit Rouge. I fell under it's spell the first time I smelled it. Good luck.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 28th January 2009 at 11:26 PM.

Default Re: Habit Rouge Eau De Cologne has landed.

I was actually lucky enough to pick up a brand new bottle in the box from a very nice Basenoter.

Thanks again.

I'd say try out six sprays. Wing it. No danger with this one.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Even though you bought the EdC, it is still fairly potent stuff. I'd start off with 2-3 sprays, wear it a bit (1hr or so) and then add more if you feel the need to do so.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Basenotes Institution

I find the EdC is hard to over apply - be generous. Wonderful stuff.

It's an excellent frag for not only learning to identify notes but also learning how to appreciate them. Have fun!

Now that I've 'rediscovered' the EdT, I'm anxious to try all concentrations. I have a sample of the extrait on the way, but I'm particularly curious about the hard-to-find EdP. If anyone knows of a remaining source that isn't from Guerlain itself (in other words, a discount source) let me know. Otherwise, can anyone comment on whether they thing the EdP is a good blind buy for someone who likes the EdT?

Thanks.

Habit Rouge EDC is awesome.

I've found some powdery scents (including Habit Rouge) can be a bit loud... but mostly I've found this to be true if I apply it right after taking a shower. So I go no more than maybe one or two sprays of Habit Rouge under my shirt if I've just jumped out of the shower. This seems to be the key with a scent like Helmut Lang EDC also-- it chokes me out if I wear it right after showering, but when I put it on in the middle of the day, it's sublime.

But back to Habit Rouge EDC, every time I wear it I get more comfortable with it. The first few times, there was something almost "corn-fed" animalic about it, and I wasn't sure that it suited me. But every time I wore it, I felt relaxed and classy. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Otherwise, can anyone comment on whether they thing the EdP is a good blind buy for someone who likes the EdT?
    No it is not. Sample it first - it's wildly different in style and structure than the EdT, mostly due to the oud note.

I'm rocking five sprays of this heavenly fragrance at the moment and it's noticeable, but faint. Definitely hangs close to the skin, which is what an EDC is supposed to do I guess. Noticeable at first whiff is a citrus note, lemon maybe. Underneath, a powdery vanilla mixed with spices(I can't tell which) and a slight, but evident leather. The vanilla is heavenly.

AromiErotici

EDC is the only version I own and it's a near perfect scent. An absolute comfort frag.

I agree with others who say its a bit hard to overapply. The light powdery-lemon dust "accord" is pleasing - the scent opens with a poof! and stays that way for a couple of hours before drying out to very faint leather and a mini-guerlainade base. A somewhat of a linear-disjointed construction. Enjoyable to spray in hot summers. Versace Baby Blue jeans is a bit similar and more complex but the main output a little less pleasing.
    -

Pleasing is the correct way to describe it. Its so comfortable. I can imagine getting home after a hard days work, taking a bath, and spritzing myself a few times with this. Comfortable while not being overpowering or distracting. I feel I must try the other concentrations of this. It would be nice to have this fragrance project and last a bit more.

A work day pretty much obliterated the fragrance, only a very faint whiff survived. I am surprised by the longevity though. Last night as I was laying in bed, I kept getting decent whiffs of it. That was going on 12 hours.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post
    Pleasing is the correct way to describe it. Its so comfortable. I can imagine getting home after a hard days work, taking a bath, and spritzing myself a few times with this. Comfortable while not being overpowering or distracting. I feel I must try the other concentrations of this. It would be nice to have this fragrance project and last a bit more.
    It makes me feel the same way. A comfort scent indeed. I actually relax from smelling this scent. Very calming frag, especially after wearing something that may have stirred you up earlier in the day.

I haven't had the inclination to try stronger concentrations of Habit Rouge. It's the ONLY EDC I actually wear and it's perfect.
    Last edited by AromiErotici; 30th January 2009 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post
    You definitely will have to try the other concentrations. I was lucky enough to try all 3 of Habit Rouge (thanks again zztopp!) and there are some noticable differences between them. I prefer the EdC and the EdP, the EdP is a completely different animal from the EdC or EdT.