Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Whats your favorite geometric shape for bottles? Whats your perfect bottle?

I find square, gem-like bottles to be very classy. Prada's infusion d'homme impressed me in this regard (though I have yet to decide how I feel about the fragrance itself). And I wonder somethings, has anyone released anything in a pyramid-type bottle?

However, I am fascinated by spherical bottles, especially ones that have no base, and sort of tilt about, naturally coming to rest in their center of gravity. I love that about Bulgari Aqua, and DKNY's be delicious perfume. The green makes the entire bottle seem like a bright little jewel. My perfect bottle would probably a sphere, resting naturally with a well-placed center of balance, made of a bright sparkling glass or crystal. The sprayer mechanism, save for just the straw, would be crystal as well. Higher quality plastic would make the straw less visible.

Default Re: Whats your favorite geometric shape for bottles? Whats your perfect bottle?

I'm a sucker for artsy bottles that make me feel intellectual and edgy, haha. One that really comes to mind (though I don't own the fragrance) is Encre Noir. Very simple and sophisticated. I also like my Gucci Envy for Men bottle and my Burberry London for Men bottle for the same reason. They stand out without being obnoxious.

Post Re: Whats your favorite geometric shape for bottles? Whats your perfect bottle?

J&B
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Banned

Default Re: Whats your favorite geometric shape for bottles? Whats your perfect bottle?

The by Kilian bottles feel very good in the hand.

I particularly like the rectangular bottles with the rounded shoulders used by Etro. Very classy, nicely balanced, IMO. Here's an example:

Favorite geometric shape for cologne bottle: hypercube.

I like perfumes for its contents not the bottle. I store them in the fridge on the fridge door shelf. I am also obsessed with efficiency.

As such, my ideal bottles are:

- Thin aluminum/steel (but with a plastic glass gauge on one side so I can see the level contents)

- Rectangular and thin so that I can stack a dozen of them on that shelf (currently only 7 can be stacked)

- Near-hermetically sealed cap

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I particularly like the rectangular bottles with the rounded shoulders used by Etro. Very classy, nicely balanced, IMO.
    Couldn't agree more about ETRO bottles, I love them too. Here's my favorite:

I love the simplicity of the design, very geometric and art-deco with it's skyscraper-esque lines, which are also on the cap. (It also happens to be my favorite fragrance at the moment!) This bottle reminds me of an old 1930's-era glass decanter set I used to have for my bar.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Couldn't agree more about ETRO bottles, I love them too...
    I love the simplicity of the design, very geometric and art-deco with it's skyscraper-esque lines, which are also on the cap. (It also happens to be my favorite fragrance at the moment!) This bottle reminds me of an old 1930's-era glass decanter set I used to have for my bar.
    Ooh, that IS beautiful!!!

Blog Entries

Square Bottles Like Chanel No 5
    i think that square bottles are beautiful and elegant.

In general, I like simple, clear glass bottles.

However, I cannot stand the Aqva bottle. It takes up so much space horizontally. I hate it.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I like most stocky bottles-- and hate the tall, thin ones or thin, flat ones that tip over easily! I keep mine in our mini fridge, on glass shelves, and am forever knocking over some while reaching for another.

Duplicato

Armani Code Pour Homme fits in my hand perfectly!!!
    I also Love the Bond No.9 Bottles and they fit in my hand very well.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    In general, I like simple, clear glass bottles.

However, I cannot stand the Aqva bottle. It takes up so much space horizontally. I hate it.
    i actually love the aqua bottle since i keep my scents in a drawer and aqua is the only one that won't (can't) topple.

Jivago Seven Elements has a bit of a pyramid look to it. As far as preference goes, probably something along the lines of the Swiss Army Altitude fire extinguisher bottle.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Square/rectangular/spherical bottles are best in my opinion because they are easier to get my hands around.

I like bottles of:

Acqua di Parma

Hermes Perfumes (equipage, bel ami, hermessence)

Frederic Malle

Tom Ford Private Blend

L'artisan Parfumeur

I like the art deco style bottles. The Serge Lutens bottles are perfect I think, but their new graphic design is kinda fail.

My favorite bottles are Montana's Parfum de Peau, Ricci's L'air du Temps & Chanel's No. 5. I'm not wildly impressed with any men's bottles.

Why, a gyroelongated square bipyramid. What else?

Personally I love the shape of the black L'Arte di Gucci Eau de Parfum bottles; they're easily my favorite shape, aesthetically speaking.

I also really quite like the new Tauer bottles, despite their generally getting a lukewarm reception.

In a practical sense, I prefer stable, squat bottles that don't tip over easy.

Blog Entries

The Thierry Mugler star theme is something i find very interesting. I absolutely love the way all the Angel-based bottles look

+1 on the Malle bottles.

I'm generally cool with rectagular with classic lines, although I can appreciate the more unorthodox ones....two that come to mind ar Rocahs Man and Vicky Tiel Ulysses

Visually I like simple but distinctive designs. A couple of favorites:

Costume National (the curved forms feel great in the hand)

The Different Company

Functionally, I dislike tall thin/narrow bottles that are in constant danger of toppling over (Yohji Homme, Body Kouros, large bottles in the Parfum d'Empire line, and to a lesser extent Serge Lutens bottles -- I see an SA knock over one Lutens when reaching for another on approximately half of my visits to the shops where they're sold)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I love Serge Lutens, but I hate their domino formations one finds them in at stores! Once I set a whole selection of them in motion and only managed to save them by lunging forward and grabbing the whole lot in a big hug. I could have done without those looks from the SA's!

Oh yeah, and Serge Lutens.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Visually I like simple but distinctive designs. A couple of favorites:

The Different Company

Functionally, I dislike tall thin/narrow bottles that are in constant danger of toppling over (Yohji Homme, Body Kouros, large bottles in the Parfum d'Empire line, and to a lesser extent Serge Lutens bottles -- I see an SA knock over one Lutens when reaching for another on approximately half of my visits to the shops where they're sold)
    You speak my mind.

I love TDC bottles, all the different kinds. I hear they're professional designers? Makes sense. They're great to look at, great to grip, great to twist open and shut (the Long Trips and 48s)

Serge Lutens definitely are great to look at when they are lined up. Lovely slim uniform bottles with different colored centres! But like Yohjis, they give me a mini-coronary each time I knock them over (which happens often) trying to reach for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I love Serge Lutens, but I hate their domino formations one finds them in at stores! Once I set a whole selection of them in motion and only managed to save them by lunging forward and grabbing the whole lot in a big hug. I could have done without those looks from the SA's!

Yes! Tell me about it, they are dominos. I hit one over, and desperately try to save it, but in the process I clumsily knock the rest over as well. They are great to look at, but are an administrative nightmare.

I basically enjoy the uniformity of bottle collections. In particular TDC and Lutens.
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th October 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Square