Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Mitsouko rediscovered!

WOW! wow! I have been using Mitsouko now for a while but, always EDT. I recieved a 2.5 oz. bottle of EDP. What a difference. More ummmph than I expected like it's on steroids. The extrait is next on the list.

Default Re: Mitsouko rediscovered!

I thought you were going to tell us that you lost your bottle and then just found it! ;-)

Congrats... I have yet to try the EdP, though I've been meaning to.... same with Shalimar EdP.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Mitsouko rediscovered!

No, I didn't loose it. I would have to call the national guard for a door to soor search. I was really amazed tonight when I opened the box and put just one little spray on the back of my hand. Almost the difference between night and day. You gotta try the EDP. Just one word...amazing.

The edt is the only one that i can pass on my skin but it's still a bit uncomfortable for me, i prefer to smell and admire the parfum conc. but not wear it on me , same for the edp.

If they ever come up with Misouko Light or Legère, i'd be the first in line to get it, hopefully the'll mix it with bergamot!.

Off-Scenter

Wait until you get to the parfum. It's the version that sold me on Mitsouko after the others failed.

N_Tesla, did you get the new reformulated EDP or is it vintage? I ask because I use the vintage EDT and really love it, and have always wanted to try the EDP, but can't find any vintage and I've heard mixed things about the reformulation.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Mitsouko rediscovered!

arlecchino: The box I got is the latest style so it definately is reformulated but other than depth of pressence I don't see any difference in the formula. Perhaps my edt is also reformulated. I bought four of the 3.1 oz. edt's with metal decanters because the SA made me a deal on a quantity purchase. Last week I ordered the EDP because it was on sale. If I had any idea of the big differance I would have stuck with EDP only which, is what I intend to do now. Bottom line IMO the EDP is the way to go unless you have the loose change for the extrait.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 30th January 2009 at 02:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Mitsouko rediscovered!

castropollux: Mitsouko must be atuned to my skin chemistry because it works on me without sending up a red flags in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    arlecchino: The box I got is the latest style so it definately is reformulated but other than depth of pressence I don't see any difference in the formula. Perhaps my edt is also reformulated. I bought four of the 3.1 oz. edt's with metal decanters because the SA made me a deal on a quantity purchase. Last week I ordered the EDP because it was on sale. If I had any idea of the big differance I would have stuck with EDP only which, is what I intend to do now. Bottom line IMO the EDP is the way to go unless you have the loose change for the extrait.
    OK N, you sold me..I'm off to Bergdorf over the weekend to check out the EDP then!....
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Basenotes Institution

The EdP is amazing - I still remember smelling it (the new one, not the old one) at Neimans about a year ago. It really made me stand up and take notice.

I now own the parfum and I must say they are wildly different. I own vintage parfum and it has a very green, spiky, moss prominent chypre character to it. Very acrid, when it goes on. Only when it dries down, do you start to get a sense of the peach, etc. Whereas the new EdP was full, deep and fruity from the very first spray.

IMO the EdP is equal, or just as good, as the parfum.

What a concidence! I just posted my SotD on the Female side.
    I'm wearing Mitsouko parfum for the first time today from a sample. I'll repeat what I said: it is utterly beautiful! I gave up on Mitsouko many years ago after only smelling the edt, and only on a card. Shame on me, but I didn't know any better back then! I can't wait until the edp sample arrives for comparison. It's in the mail somewhere...