Code of Conduct

Default Tuberose pour homme

I have four tuberose spikes flowering in my garden. The fragance is amazing, lavish and strong. I feel a certain clean and humid smelling specially at night. It seems that tuberose is a typical ingredient for female perfumes. But... why not for male ones? There is a male fragance with a strong presence of tuberose in it?

Thanks

Default Re: Tuberose pour homme

Tuberose is an incredible smell with such an opulent floral texture bordering many other kind os smells for its richness: it's more than just floral, it's green, it's indolic... For this reason it's always been also so shining in its own glory to be considered a difficult raw material to meld with other ones in a brilliant composition. Also few female scents have really reached the goal of using this note in large amounts still keeping balance and resulting in an original composition.
    So, strictly replying to your question "There is a male fragance with a strong presence of tuberose in it?" the reply is NO.
    But, but, but.....
    There are some beautiful juices that a man can wear (of course a man with self confidence and not having troubles wearing floral notes). Here are some:
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle
    Serge Lutens Datura Noire
    Bond No. 9 Fire Island
    Prada No. 6 Tubereuse (exclusive line)

Sure, they do exists!
    Tuberosa Polianthes by Fresh (Serie Ombre de Flores)
    Vierges et Torero by Etat LIbre d`Orange

I`m sure that`s not only two of them!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Richard James has a tuberose note, but unfortunately very subdued, so the true character of that fantastic flower is hardly recognizable.
    In addition to the above mentioned fragrances, I find By Kilian Beyond Love very wearable, as well as Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia.

Parfumerie Generale Tubereuse Couture
    Parfums 06130 Lierre Rose

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Tuberosa Polianthes by Fresh (Serie Ombre de Flores)
    I own this one, but it is a pale shade compared to such a magnifiscent opus as Carnal
    Flower
    . Unfortunately. Tuberosa Polianthes smells like the soap from some hotel you stayed
    in a long time ago.

But I still use it every now and then on hot summer evenings. It is not entirely bad, just not
    very exciting or special.
    Last edited by shifts; 30th January 2009 at 01:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Richard James [/I][/B].
    This is what I was going to say. You need to try this one - any male fan of tuberose should instantly love this one.

Although my absolute favorite tuberose scent I've sampled yet, is Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder. I can't wait to get it back in my wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Richard James has a tuberose note, but unfortunately very subdued, so the true character of that fantastic flower is hardly recognizable.
    In addition to the above mentioned fragrances, I find By Kilian Beyond Love very wearable, as well as Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia.

I don't know the Richard James fragrance, but I'd like to add my vote for the other two mentioned here. Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is very lush, not quite heady, but just... lush. But the best tuberose I've found so far (and on my wish list) is by Kilian Beyond Love. It's the most realistic to me - like sniffing the tuberose stalk - fresh, moist, green; just purely alive.

Floris Elite is labeled as a masculine and has a pronounced Tuberose note.
    Great stuff!