Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a great club/party scent

I am a freshman in college and I've been looking around basenotes for quite a while now and taking trips every week to the mall to smell everything I have read about, but I feel that the perfect clubbing/partying scent is still out there for me to discover. I am looking for a cool refreshing fresh scent that lasts long. The closest I have come to finding a scent like this is Perry Ellis Reserve, but the only problem is it lasts 2 hours tops on my skin Then I read about Cool Water and bought the 4.2oz bottle but it smelled like sour celery on my skin, I now have this huge bottle about 93% full and am willing to swap/sell it to whoever wants it. I have smelled many of the typical "fresh" scents but I am looking for something smooth instead of powdery. Could Bvlgari Aqva be what I am looking for? But yeah I am open to suggestions, it does not have to be an aquatic scent either it is just the type I like, but if you have had great success with any scents in the club or at parties, please let me know. I just want a smell that makes women drool
    Last edited by collegestudent; 31st January 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Default Re: Looking for a great club/party scent

Dunhill Desire for men.

MKK - Yes, I know it's not fresh and aquatic but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    MKK - Yes, I know it's not fresh and aquatic but it gets the job done.
    Why all the trouble? Just don't take showers/change clothes for 7 days then go straight the a party. The effect is exactly the same, while you save money ( not buying MKK ), save water, save time, .... Definitely a win-win situation.

Last edited by abc1234; 31st January 2009 at 05:33 AM.

Millesime Imperial - Creed

It all ends there my friend. If your shirt is still in one piece after this magic potion, consider it a miracle!!

Quote Originally Posted by collegestudent View Post
    I just want a smell that makes women drool
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=212334

*SCNR*

But you should definitely try Aqva.

The problem is you want something that is contradictory: fresh frags usually don't last long and in a "club" atmosphere, if you want to stand out from all the sweaty bastards around you, you need something with gravity.
    Be careful though, going too heavy will not endear you to the ladies you seem to want "success" with (although it definitely takes more than a nice scent, try starting with manners).
    Suggest: CK One which has both the advantage of being "fresh" as well as long-lasting.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I wish someone would simply point out to a sticky of this advice for every young man who wants a perfume to help him pick up/make women drool etc:

"It doesn't matter what it is. What matters is from the moment you put it on it must make you feel confident. It doesn't matter if the women you chat up can smell the perfume - because if they smell a spray of Confidence, it's as good as a liquid panty remover."
    ======
    I already have the fortune so early in my perfumista journey to have found 2 that makes me feel "Fuck yeah!" when I go out the door wearing either one.

Burberry Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Burberry Touch.
    lovely choice..

i would also add ST Dupont Noir

Believe it or not, during my clubbing days, Halston Z - 14 was the crowd pleaser.

I am amazed by the Imperiale (Creed) suggestion, it last one me , a couple of hours only.
    I can picture myself in a night out, in a club, surrounded by Le Male (JPG) notes, Boss, a mix of power synthetic fragrances ... I just can not see how MI will do the trick.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Bvlgari Aqva may indeed be what you are looking for. PI by Givenchy is a nice clubbing scent; sweet, fresh oriental and long lasting.
    Peace ~ Markymark

-Romeo Gigli
    -Varon Dandy Platinum
    -Jean Pascal Homme
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond Nº9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

Gucci Envy and Chanel Egoiste Platinum are still nowadays great ladies pleasers and longlasting in club conditions for sure.

Montale Black, Red and White auod. take your pick:wave:

What defines a good club scent? Isn't the same as a good fragrance you'd wear anywhere in public that you'd like to attract a little attention?

If you want to cut through the crowd, try a patchouli-centered fragrance. There are some mild ones, like Armani Attitude and TM Ice*Men, or you could go heavy with something like Etro Patchouli. If you want to be 'super manly' go with something like M7 - or even Polo. I read a review of Versace Blue Jeans in which the writer claimed the fragrance worked well when dancing and sweating, but I can't vouch for this.

What is MKK ?

Desperation. Actually no, all the guys there will be wearing that.
    How about Bogart pour Homme? Vanilla rum, spicy & long lasting.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

If you are clubbing, you'll want a rather unique scent that projects and lasts. Based on a college budget, my suggestions:

1. Original Calvin - awesome 80s scent that no one wears anymore. A little goes a LONG way. Can be found for cheap (due to re-release a few years ago) on EBay.

2. Montana Parfum D'Homme (red box) - Montana is nearly identical to the discontinued classic Aramis Havana and can be found for cheap on EBay.

3. Kiehl's Pour Homme oil - a complete gem. Also comes in scented lotion and body wash. Small bottle, but lasts forever because you only need 2 dabs. Note - this is not Kiehls Musk oil, which is also an excellent choice for clubbing, especially in combination with a cilantro scent like Live Jazz.

4. Rochas Man - more common than the others, but the gourmand chocolate/vanilla/coffee thing can definitely turn on the women. A*Men is an extreme, more expensive, version of this concept.

You want a relatively inexpensive cologne which is a widely-accepted lady-pleaser and is also cool, refreshing, fresh and "smooth" in texture?

Bvlgari Aqva is your man.

IMO it is not a clubbing scent but it fits the bill for above. To me, club scents are LOUD and youthfully sexy.

The great clubbing scents of my experiences are: A*MEN, D&G Pour Homme, Issey Miyake, Platinum Egoiste and Unforgivable(see Creed MI for a way better version). These are scents which cut through the noise at clubs, but also end up being a large portion of the noise. A*MEN is the best of these in my opinion, in quality and just for functionality at a club.

I think in addition to Bvlgari Aqva you should check out D&G PH and Unforgivable. They are fresher and good for clubs. D&G is not very smooth - it is peppery, tobacco-y, lemony. But damn is it good. A*MEN is chocolatey and sweet, and it's amazing but it doesn't sound like what you want. You should totally check it out. And if you smell it and think "I can't wear this," I'm 21, so yes you can. Girls do more than drool.
    Last edited by genvy5; 1st February 2009 at 09:58 AM.

I would like to suggest Lanvin Arpege, so sexy, sharp and loud. Chicks dig it big time here!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Here's a trick, just put one different fragrance on each arm, whatever fragrance you choose, it could be secretions magnifique for all you care..then ask the girl your eying if she likes one or the other, scents don't matter when your in a room filled with spilled bacardi, cocaine users and cigarettes.

She picks one and there u go conversation started.

There's no elixir that unanimously weakens the knees of every woman, yet..
    'Anyone who lives within their means, suffers from a fatal lack of imagination" Oscar Wilde

You tried Perry Ellis Reserve...good. Now go to TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Gordmans etc... and look for Perry Ellis Portfolio. I am wearing it today and its powerful, fresh, a little green, and very nice. If you find it one of those super discounters you can get it for a very small price (mine is 30 ml, I bought for $7.99). Portfolio and Fleur du Male are my loud powerful clubbing fragrances.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Bulgari Aqua is too spicy for clubbing in my opinion. Burberry Touch is an excellent attention-getter and clubbing scent.

I'd definetely go with a gourmand/oriental. As said before, aquatics won't last and won't impress anyone.
    I agree with Sokkou: aqva is too spicy for clubbing. Too sour in my opinion.
    My suggestions:
    1. Rochas Man
    2. Gucci envy
    3. Guerlain L'Instant
    4. Givenchy Pi
    5. CK Obssession
    6. A*Men (if you want an extreme impression)

chanel allure
    chanel allure edition blanche
    joop jumo
    TRUST ME!!

i meant joop jump.

Sur la Plage

If you are looking for a "cool refreshing fresh scent that lasts long", I would recommend Azzaro Chrome.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If you are looking for a "cool refreshing fresh scent that lasts long", I would recommend Azzaro Chrome.

would have to agree

I agree I wore it today and loved it. Excellent longevity, sillage, and balance for a fresh cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    What is MKK ?
    Lol....I want to know also.....

My suggestions are 3 (in no order):

-Dolce Gabbana pour homme
    -Envy
    -L Eau d Issey Intense
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MKK = Muscs Koublai Khan (Serge Lutens)
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121143.html

For the love of god, (or at least your hopes of getting laid), do not wear MKK. Unless you want to smell like dirty Mongolian balls.

What about Dirty English?

This may be the ultimate modern club scent.

Put it on the top of your list of scents to test.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Think of wearing MKK as teabagging all the guys in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    For the love of god, (or at least your hopes of getting laid), do not wear MKK. Unless you want to smell like dirty Mongolian balls.

armani mania or burberry touch