Code of Conduct

Thread: Old Chanel

Default Old Chanel

I'm very glad Sycomore(old one) is now included in the Chanel frag directory along with the new release...it seems like i was talking by myself about Sycomore the original for a long time and nobody thought i was being serious in here...

in any case, I know that there were also the following releases back in the 30's:
    Chanel No.11
    Chanel No.14
    Chanel No. 20
    Chanel No. 21

and las but not least... the original Chanel No.31 (not to be confused with 31 rue cambon).

cheers!
    Last edited by castorpollux; 1st February 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Default Re: Old Chanel

Is it even possible to find those anywhere? Or even just the notes? TPC has No. 46 samps for sale, I have it on my wish list : )

Bringing back an old one ... ^^
    Has anybody ever tried Sycomore original ? If so, what are the main differences between the old juice and the new version ?
    Besides if one of you tried other old fragrances from the Chanel House like Chanel 46, Ivoire or any other rarity feel free to share your impressions ! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anta79 View Post
    Bringing back an old one ... ^^
    Has anybody ever tried Sycomore original ? If so, what are the main differences between the old juice and the new version ?
    Besides if one of you tried other old fragrances from the Chanel House like Chanel 46, Ivoire or any other rarity feel free to share your impressions ! ;-)
    Hello, I have tried and wore Sycomore the original. What i have found after comparing it with the new Sycomore is that the original was tremendously darker and woodsier base (and headier) than the new version. That alone does not make a scent a good one as i find both are rather plain but a bit interesting. The orginal S. has also a flowery middle that was accentuated with plenty of aldehydic tones that casted it as a more conventionally feminine scent than the new one, which i find monre inclined into the unisex/masculine category (in comparison with the original that is). All in all both are very different scents, neither a masterpiece but both very nice. It could also be argued that one is a luminous re-incarnation of the other one, balancing the two scents out, decades after the original was launched, i thought of it as a family matter that came to a possible conclusion with the new Sycomore.

I will also be writing about chanel's Ivoire (original) and it would be fun to compare it to balmain's Ivoire.

cheers!
    Last edited by castorpollux; 29th February 2012 at 04:17 AM.

Hi ! Thank you castorpollux for this great review on the original Sycomore. Really interesting and surprising. I definitely imagined the original version would be darker than the current juice but with a more or less similar scent though. So they're completely different scents. Did you get some decant of it or were you able to find an old bottle on Ebay ?

Chanel's Ivoire ? I'm really looking forward to reading your review