Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I bought ... February 2009 PURCHASES

Yesterday I bought Tom Ford Black Orchid at the duty free.

And before that Le Maroc Pour Elle, Aoud Rose Petals and Noix de Tuberéuse from Miller Harris on the 31st. So I feel spoiled rotten with 4 new bottles in such a short time.

What did you get or going to get this month?
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: Today I bought ... February 2009 PURCHASES

Bought some Chanel #5 from tvlampboy's sales thread ~ his price on this was so great, I feel like a thief! ($16.00 for 1/2 bottle of the edt )

That is a good buy Ubu.

I purchased Jicky EDT last week and I also have Jicky parfum to be delivered this week. I feel so spoiled.

Do I want the Jicky EDP too? I'm totally infatuated with Jicky.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Blog Entries

Tonight I ordered L'Artisan Jour de Fête as a birthday gift for myself --turning 53 later this week. The funny thing is I generally don't like vanilla scents! But I just love this, couldn't stop smelling the sample, and it lasts and lasts-- and it is completely different from anything I already owned.

2 Feb...received my bottle of Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve from another BNer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    2 Feb...received my bottle of Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve from another BNer.
    Great acquisition

I love my bottle to bits!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Bought Palisander from another BNer. I feel happy and fortunate indeed!

Basenotes Institution

Talking Re: Today I bought ... February 2009 PURCHASES

What is happening to me . I bought the original Poison ! I have come full circle to when I was 14 years old and when this first came out ! Anyhow, I, iappreciate its beauty now. Rich and enduring. Lasts too .One spray only ,one spray only- this has to be my mantra when using this !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd February 2009 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Typos as usual !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Received my bottle of Bulgari Black today

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Tonight I ordered L'Artisan Jour de Fête as a birthday gift for myself --turning 53 later this week. The funny thing is I generally don't like vanilla scents! But I just love this, couldn't stop smelling the sample, and it lasts and lasts-- and it is completely different from anything I already owned.
    Congrats! And yay, another convert! Every time I see JdF mentioned I enjoy it immensely - I know it's ridiculous, but I feel almost maternal about it. It's such an underexposed fuzzy little scent.

(Finally) took delivery of 100ml Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge today - but I'd forgotten it comes without a cap. Eek. I like caps. Anyone willing to part with theirs in exchange for samples and eternal gratitude?
    Also won (so doesn't count) SJP Covet.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 3rd February 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

JdF is so hard to get though it seems L´Artisan retailer here in iceland is always saying they can´t seem to order it.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Very small bottle (mini) of Eau d'Hadrien (I think it is 5 ml) and shower gel.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    What is happening to me . I bought the original Poison ! I have come full circle to when I was 14 years old and when this first came out ! Anyhow, I, iappreciate its beauty now. Rich and enduring. Lasts too .One spray only ,one spray only- this has to be my mantra when using this !
    Good for you! (for making this purchase AND admitting to it! )
    I have Poison in my wardrobe too, and I LOVE IT!

3 Feb...my bottle of Chanel Eau de Cologne (another eBay score) arrived. My wishlist is very small now
    Last edited by Asha; 4th February 2009 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Lian,

Can you not order from the L'Artisan website? That's where I ordered it from.

I've went a little wild the past week or so. A friend gifted me with a bottle of Ralph Lauren Notorious. I ordered a bottle of Kenzo Amour Edp and some Chanel No. 5 edp.

Today I received a 1 oz bottle of my beloved Eau de Patou.
    Evenstar

Today I finally bought Samsara edp. I have been doused in it since this afternoon and so far no-one has recoiled in horror so that's a plus!

I *was* going to buy myself a bottle after payday (and I'm torn between three choices: Samsara EDP, Daim Blond or Dzongkha), which is making it delightfully agonising). However, listen to my tale of woe: I smashed my iPod headphones between my car door, then, disoriented by the disaster, I didn't put the iPod back where it normally lives...and two days later I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked everywhere and in the end realised I must have put it in my coat pocket and dropped it. So, I spent my available cash on getting a nice new iPod, leaving no room for anything extra besides food & travel for a few weeks. It's better than the old one and I've had fun with it, but this weekend, when I was packing for my business trip, I dug my hand deep down into the side pocket of my canvas "book bag" and felt something odd - oops - the old iPod! So now my husband has my old iPod and I have no money for perfume.

I'm reading all of your contributions and living through them!

PG L'Eau Rare Matale. I'm definitely looking forward to spring.

I just ordered AG Eau D'hadrien EDP 3.4oz for $80 using the 25% off and free shipping at Parfum1. Bring on spring!

The Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour homme I ordered arrived today. Thanks to a tip from Wordbird I got it for under 10 francs (about 8.50 $) plus a free mascara. Yay! I'll have a cedar celebration in smoky eyes.

Just placed an order for a 15 ml bottle of Angel EdP, plus Lancome Tropiques 50 ml. The latter is a blind buy, but I liked the notes listed....:bounce:

(-and just having typed this, it struck me that you can never ever know what a perfume is going to smell like, just by reading the notes, believe me! )

Received a mostly-full bottle of Eau d'Italie SIENNE L'HIVER, purchased from a fellow BNer. I'm happy as a clam!

Tomorrow, I am FINALLY buying Jour de Fete. I am delayed a day by reading about the Parfum 1 sale, but not for long.

I will finally end my long losing streak of unwearable purchases. What a historic day.

Ordered a FB of Annayake's Miyako. It's thanks to you fellow perfume lovers I even know about that gem (since it was a limited edition). But then again, that can be said about a lot of fragrances.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

The Perfumed Court has just about the whole Pacifica perfume collection now! Yay! I've been wanting to sample Malibu Lemon Blossom and Tuscan Blood Orange for what seems like the longest time, and now those samples are on their way.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Smile Re: Today I bought ... February 2009 PURCHASES

So far this month: (The damages, so to speak)
    Hermessence Discovery set of travel sizes with Poivre Samarcande, Rose Ikebana, Ambre Narguille and Vetiver Tonka. I only wanted the last two really.

Clinique Happy Heart which I liked in the store, and got for a song on eBay.

Indult Reve En Cuir.

Michael Kors signature..several samples because I'm still reviewing and testing scents with boozy notes (and some day will post about my adventures!)

Aquolina Pink Sugar Solid..it's shaped like a lollipop and striped pink and white like a pinwheel. So cute, I just HAD to have it.

Samples from TPC

6 Feb--just received another eBay purchase. Lanvin vintage coffret of extraits...can't wait to try them, but the box is just so cute, I might need to look at it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    6 Feb--just received another eBay purchase. Lanvin vintage coffret of extraits...can't wait to try them, but the box is just so cute, I might need to look at it for a while
    lucky you, I hope that you have Scandal extrait as part of the coffret? It's to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    lucky you, I hope that you have Scandal extrait as part of the coffret? It's to die for!
    Yup!

JdF here as well from basenotes market \o/

Basenotes Plus

A 30ml edt of Mitsuoko for £12 on eBay (bargain) and Escada Magnetism for men (a blind buy based on the positive reviews here)
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I succumbed to a bottle of Bvlgari Black today in T K Maxx for £19.99, thinking it was rarer than I now see it is (on Ebay!).

I am not sure whether to learn to love it myself - I think I found it "interesting" the one time I tried it - or sound out my brother about it, as he drinks lapsang souchong tea...

I also bought a gift set of Floris White Rose, comprising eau de toilette, body lotion, bath foam and a candle - all for £14.99.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Smile Re: Today I bought ... February 2009 PURCHASES

Today my Jicky EDT arrived to replace my existing bottle which was down to a low level. Also I bought some Paloma Picasso 'Tentations' body milk which I found on sale at a local chemists shop (cost me £6).
    Last edited by pofox; 7th February 2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: add information

I recently ordered CK 'Obsession Night' and YSL 'Paris Jardins Romantiques.'
    I'm excitedly awaiting their arrival!

Another bottle of Diorella.

Today I bought Tocca Touch which, contrary to the reviews I have read which say it has poor longevity, lasts forever on me and actually becomes softer and more mellow as it melts into my skin. Jasmine usually turns sharp and sour on me but not this time. Maybe my skin chemistry is changing yet again! The opening notes of tiare and pomegranate are stunning, I just wish they'd last a little longer into the drydown. I am so looking forward to wearing this in summer.

I just returned from Havana, where I bought Alicia, a fragrance created in homage to the great ballerina Alicia Alonso. I saw Alicia dance Giselle almost 30 years ago, am a great ballet fan, and couldn't resist. Alicia is a great floral bouquet. I am delighted. I have sprayed my hair and imagine great clouds of Alicia wafting out...

I did a wacky basenotes buy...it all started about 2 years ago with a bottle of L'Artisan Ambre Extreme. I purchased a used bottle from a basenoter. After 1 year of owning it, I didn't think it was worth keeping so I sold it to our friend Tang. Recently, have been looking for an amber frag that I liked as well as AE, and came to the conclusion I really do want Ambre Extreme. Well, lo and behold, after another year goes by, Tang puts it up for sale in the marketplace...so...I bought it back! That's my purchase/sale/re-purchase for Feb.! Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I did a wacky basenotes buy...it all started about 2 years ago with a bottle of L'Artisan Ambre Extreme. I purchased a used bottle from a basenoter. After 1 year of owning it, I didn't think it was worth keeping so I sold it to our friend Tang. Recently, have been looking for an amber frag that I liked as well as AE, and came to the conclusion I really do want Ambre Extreme. Well, lo and behold, after another year goes by, Tang puts it up for sale in the marketplace...so...I bought it back! That's my purchase/sale/re-purchase for Feb.! Crazy.
    I love this story!

classic!

What a kick, ubu! You know, I like Ambre Extreme, too. There's something really polished and "just right" about it. Thanks for the reminder that I wanted to give that sample a second wearing or two!
    Last edited by Haunani; 10th February 2009 at 02:23 AM.

Hahaha! I was wondering if you'd post that purchase here. It's truly a lovely amber, but I realized it just wasn't me!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Hahaha! I was wondering if you'd post that purchase here. It's truly a lovely amber, but I realized it just wasn't me!
    You know I'm all about the confession !

Great story!

There are several I continue to resist buying and I have abandoned many an online shopping cart lately. Am wanting to get Dazzling Silver, Rykiel Rose, Poussiere de Rose, and Etro Dianthus. Despite the sales I have been trying my hardest not to succumb.

I also saw Cinema at TJ and left it alone.

The Palisander, bought here on BN, is here and glorious.

Aw, that's a heart-wearming story. The prodigal fragrance returns to its mother!

Just ordered d*cants of AL Opoponax Intense and Carthusia Ligea, and a sampler set of some other AL fragrances I had been itching to try. Am on a serious opoponax kick without signs of abating.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I have been very good so far this month and have only bought
    a bottle of Loulou from e-bay. I am hoping my husband will be able
    to lay his hands on some Feminite du Bois whilst in France this week!
    I am bidding on a small bottle of YDAN(with body lotion) at the moment too.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I just bought on e-bay Eau de verveine Guerlain, but I don't see it in BN directory.
    How Can I add to list, please?
    My purchase: http://cgi.ebay.de/Guerlain-Eau-de-V...QQcmdZViewItem
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

30 mL of Samsara EdT. My secound bottle of this one! I guess it is one of the fumes I always will own! Also got 100 mL of the bodyloytion as a gift.

30 mL of Bvlgari Jasmin Noir EdP, too, and also 200 mL of the bodylotion. This one is very almony on my skin! - It is like a mix of Le Baiser du Dragon and Kenzo Amour on my skin, and a very beautiful mix, too. Not as linear as Kenzo Amour.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

After months of testing and sniffing I finally used the giftcertificate I got from my bf for Christmas. I guess I surprised the salesassistant positively by getting a bottle of Miss Dior.I'm very happy about my decision.

Having a total bust-out.
    I just got my Paypal account unblocked, after having 300 quid jammed in there for AGES!
    So I placed a huge order with fragrancedirect and got all those 'special offers' that I have been drooling over for months.
    And I bought a bottle of Idole de Lubin from Sir Slarty here on the marketplace - I have been lemming for that for about 18 months.
    And I am bidding on a Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac on Evilbay...
    Lordy lordy, stop me now!
    Talk about a binge!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Congrats Inees on your latest purchase, such a classy perfume. I ordered some samples from Les Senteurs - Datura Noir, Isabey Gardenia and Farnesiana. I know I won't be buying bottles of the Gardenia or Farnesiana cause they are so expensive but Datura Noir is the one I'm most curious about.

Wordbird, just read your post and you really are soooooo jammy!

Inees ~ I LOVE your choice of Miss Dior! You'll be real happy with that one.

Wordbird ~ I was wondering who so quickly snagged that bottle of Idole from SirSlarty's sale...good for you!

A bottle of Volupte' thanks to the enablers on the Heliotrope thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Having a total bust-out.
    I just got my Paypal account unblocked, after having 300 quid jammed in there for AGES!
    So I placed a huge order with fragrancedirect and got all those 'special offers' that I have been drooling over for months.
    And I bought a bottle of Idole de Lubin from Sir Slarty here on the marketplace - I have been lemming for that for about 18 months.
    And I am bidding on a Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac on Evilbay...
    Lordy lordy, stop me now!
    Talk about a binge!
    This is like porn to me right now, I swear.

(I haven't bought anything yet, got to hang in there for a biiiiiiit longer).

Just won a bottle of Un Jardin en Mediterranee off ebay (which I am officially classifying as an early birthday present to myself since it is only 2.5 weeks away), in addition to 3 packages I am anticipating in the mail. I'll have to invent a new word for "binge" once it really is my birthday, yikes...
    Last edited by Anna_P; 12th February 2009 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_P View Post
    Just won a bottle of Un Jardin en Mediterranee off ebay (which I am officially classifying as an early birthday present to myself since it is only 2.5 weeks away), in addition to 3 packages I am anticipating in the mail. I'll have to invent a new word for "binge" once it really is my birthday, yikes...
    That one is my favorite of the "un jardin" series ~ binge away !

11 Feb...Vintage Eau de Lanvin Arpege just came in the mail...sealed in cello, had some evaporation, but the juice is STRONG

It has that rose-scented hand-cream quality that Neil Morris Parfum d'Odette has, only smells more, well, vintage.