Code of Conduct

Default Star Trek Fragrances

Are you ready to start a new "which scent gets you the most female VULCANS compliments" thread?

Genki Wear Star Trek Perfume - A trio of scents from the final frontier
    There are three fragrances planned for 2009 with the monikers "Tiberius" "Red Shirt" and "Ponn Farr."

http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/04/trek...ek-fragrances/

Default Re: Star Trek Fragrances

Hehe, Ponn Farr. Okay, so I know what that means. Sue me
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Ponn Farr - is that like Cockney rhyming slang for someone working in the adult movie industry?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Do not set your phasers on stun. Bottle looks cool, but I don't have high hopes for the juice therein.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I love all three names and the juice inside might be a crime against olfactory senses but I will own all three of them.
    Yeah I'm a geek, so sue me.

Here are the descriptions of all three from the website, they re going to cost between $30-40 depending on where you buy them:

The Tiberius cologne, named in honor of the Mirror Universe James T. Kirk’s challenges users to "Boldly Go" with a perfume described as being spiked with "notes of freshness and sensuality." According to Genki Wear, the perfume has sweet citron zest, black pepper, and cedar as its top notes (top notes refers to those scents that are noticeable first) and warm vanilla, white musk, and sandalwood as its base notes (scents perceived last, usually about a half hour after application). Genki Wear promises that "Tiberius Cologne for men is difficult to define and impossible to refuse" which is also a pretty good description of the Mirror Kirk himself.

Genki’s "Red Shirt" cologne (whose tag line "Because Tomorrow May Never Come" is priceless) celebrates the sacrifices of those often nameless crew of the USS Enterprise. Described appropriately as a cologne for those with a "devotion to living each day as it could be your last" the cologne has top notes of green mandarin, bergamot, and lavender, with base notes of leather and grey musk.

The most risqué titled of the new Star Trek fragrances is "Ponn Farr" which is a perfume designed to "drive him wild." It should only be used once every seven years (okay, that isn’t true). Named for the Vulcan mating ritual first introduced in the episode "Amok Time," this perfume is one of the newly designed products meant to appeal to female fans. More details and an image on Ponn Farr will be available soon.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 4th March 2009 at 05:26 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

oh god.. in my opinion, this is a bit ridiculous.
    unico grande amore.

It's VERY ridiculous. Ergo, great.

Will probably be the predictable Green (alien woman) Frich Tweed knockoffs, but I love the idea.
    Last edited by andylama; 4th March 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Star Trek Fragrances

I am a HUUUUUUUGE Start Trek fan so, you know I gotta have these. Do they have any longevity? Well, about a 148 light years. Smell long and prosper shipmates.

I wonder if Ponn Farr will smell like Muscs Koublai Khan.

Tiberius has to be a really powerful, boozy fougere.

Red Shirt will obviously be a diluted Acqua di Gio.

Where the heck-a-rooney can I get these?!?!

Dammit, Jim!

at the next sci-fi-con at your local convention center?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Star Trek Fragrances

Damned Ferengis are trying to control the distribution. Ready the forward phasers for maximum affect. Photon torpedos at the ready. These frags are available at Star Fleet Command in San Francisco. If you come here wear some flowers in your hair. Pointed ears optional. This is too much fun.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th March 2009 at 06:19 PM.

If Star Trek fans represent a demographic that warrants the release of their own line of fragrances, then I am scared , very scared

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    If Star Trek fans represent a demographic that warrants the release of their own line of fragrances, then I am scared , very scared
    Have you no idea what a Star Trek convention smells like??
    Trust me if even a small percentage of geekdom will wear these it will make things smell better.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Wüst View Post
    oh god.. in my opinion, this is a bit ridiculous.
    Isn't it the point???

I really wouldn't mind sniffing these....being a trekkie myself

Another Star Trek fan here. I love TNG and DS9 in particular. I really hope the new movie is good. Nemesis was simply atrocious. I definitely have to try these although I don't have high hopes for the juice. The bottles look pretty cool though. I just wish they got a decent company to make the juice.

They do have a sense of humor - Red Shirt is brilliant. Still, I'm not exactly expecting natural tribble musk...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Star Trek Fragrances

This thread has me wondering. How many readers of this thread are Star Trek fans? Check in so that you can be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    This thread has me wondering. How many readers of this thread are Star Trek fans? Check in so that you can be counted.
    By all means. The Original Series was habit forming, initiating a lifelong interest in SF. I enjoyed later seasons of TNG and eventually became a big fan of DS9 (thought it got too mystical IMO as it progressed, but I always loved the ultra-capitalist Ferengi) and Voyager - some amazingly good scripts in that one. My favorite movies are probably IV, VIII, VI, and II. I hope the new one will not just be geared towards teenage audiences. I've even done a few academic papers on ST. It's a wonderful resource for American Studies.

Still, if we're honest, how good are these fragrances going to be? I think Mr. Spock wears Givenchy Vetyver (you know it's got to be green), even if Pi probably appealed to him more in terms of names.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Registering here as another trekkie. Funnily enough I didn't like the original as much as I enjoyed the later seasons of TNG. Voyager floated my boat better than DS9; agree with T_G_L that the ferengi were portrayed brilliantly on DS9.
    FWIW I'd never consider the frags...
    Last edited by jathanas; 4th March 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Have you no idea what a Star Trek convention smells like??
    Trust me if even a small percentage of geekdom will wear these it will make things smell better.

My guess is that a Star Trek convention smells like a cross between Secretions Magnifique, Clearasil and Axe body sprays.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I want these perfumes!!!!!
    I was just about to send the link with this thread to my husband, but no, I should surprise him with some Star Trek frags.

I am a very proud Trekkie. I would love a perfume for Jean Luc Picard
    Evenstar

And I thought the Playboy lineup was ridiculous!! :P

I hate Star Trek!!!!

(...although my avatar indicates otherwise!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Live long and prosper!!!
    \o/

I'm cool with Star Trek. I wouldn't say fan, but much respect. Hell of a lot better than Star Wars or LOTR.

Anyways, I would not mind trying these out

Basenotes Plus

I like watching Star Trek. I think it would be interesting to sample these, but I'm not too optimistic about the quality...
    I love cologne.

I'm a lifelong ST fan (particularly TNG), but not rabid or dorky about it.

I've always enjoyed the show, but do NOT identify as a "Trekkie" or "Trekker" or whatever.

All ST fans with a sense of humor about their fandom really owe it to themselves to rent or buy the documentary movie "Trekkies". It's incredibly great, and hysterically funny...and a little disturbing too. Yes, it's mocking...but with a deep fondness.

I hate Star Trek (in all of its many incarnations) and always have.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant