Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 3 February-09

Good morning everybody Now i'm off to school in the gorgeous Chergui.Hope you all have a great day with no real difficulties or health related problems
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 3 February-09

Profumum Thundra

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

The Netherlands

Guerlain Mitsouko EDT from sample.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"

Blog Entries

I didn't mean to, but today, I will be wearing Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche. Woo-EE! I'm pungent today!

Y'know honestly, I never thought to wear this. It was only by a happy accident that I managed to get it pretty much ALL OVER ME.
    Fruity. Manly. It's nice. I wonder why I never thought to wear it.
    Definitely smelled this all thru high school. Perhaps I'll get sick of it as the day wears on.

I think. . . in a way. . . Drakkar Noir is to my generation as Acqua di Gio is to current high school students. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Accidentally layered with Halston Z-14. This is going to be a long day. I hope I don't kill anyone with my sillage.
    Last edited by Aiona; 3rd February 2009 at 08:37 AM.

Bond No.9 Hamptons
    I quuite like it but too bad it isn't last very long on my skin.

Have a nice day, you all.

Santa Monica, CA

Sarrasins from a decant. It feels like a warmer, tamed down and less sharp A La Nuit which probably makes it more wearable for many. I think it´s very closely related to A La Nuit but this one is maybe a bit greener. I like my jasmine in overkill I guess. It´s not bad, but if you have a la nuit I´d think long and hard about buying this one as well since it´s hard to get, more expensive and you already have a scent very close to this one.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Lisbon, Portugal

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 3 February-09

MONTALES' BLACK AOUD, from a sample
    Thanks very much Eric
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Currently wearing: Patchouli by Réminiscence

Sur la Plage

Clearwater Beach, Florida

Yves Saint-Laurent Opium pour Homme

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am about to have a long bath with a lovely Vanilla bath bomb from Lush (thank you Nukapia!) which I've been saving. Then I will drench myself in Spiriteuse Double Vanille and waft around all day like a big boozy icecream.

Happy day to all.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection

Good morning!!

Ines, you smell gorgeous and Aiona......I will search for that Drakkar Noir when it is really that pungent
    Wordie! That is my favourite vanilla......delicious!

Today I am testing (again) the latest fragrance from LesNez "Manoumalia", created by Sandrine Videault.

First testing, two days ago, brought me an overwhelming cloud of hyacinths. As far as I know there are no hyacinths in this fragrance.
    Today: it smells like Child (Susan D. Owens). This makes more sense since people raised in Hawai have mentioned the pikake in Child.

More testing to do, it seems. I still can't trust my nose and skin.
    Last edited by Riannon; 3rd February 2009 at 11:26 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the warm welcome, gang! In sync with Miss R., I am testing LesNez Manoumalia today too, a clever floral. Or so it appears.

To bed I wore CDG Red: Harissa.
    Last edited by Twolf; 3rd February 2009 at 11:34 AM.

muschio bianco - acca kappa

Basenotes Plus
    Staten Island, NY

Hi, Twolf! Good to see you!

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux. Of the many amber frags I own and love, this one's hard to beat.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Yay! Welcome back Twolf!

Wordbird, you are making me hungry! Actually, maybe me searching online for a supplier of Grabower Kuesse (some German chocolate/marshmallow thing we had in Holland) may indicate that I was hungry before. But the "big boozy icecream" thought is not helping!

Wore Chergui, followed by Bulgari Black. Now off to drench myself in Lawrence Dumont Vanille Bourbon, and hope that my sugar cravings may settle

Madame X parfum. it's so warm and snoogly.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Poolesville, MD
    Blog Entries

Twolf welcome back to the board.
    ScentMother, bunnies? there is more to that story I am sure.
    Chaya it is good to see you posting so much. It must mean you're starting to feel better.

Sounds like we're going to get 6 more inches of snow before the day is out.
    For the occasion I wanted to try a brand-new acquisition, thanks buzzlepuff:

Juozas Statkevicius

Juozas Stakevicius is a Lithuanian Fashion Designer and while not particularly well known out side of Lithuania he asked Fabrice Pellegrin to design a signature scent for him in 2004. Until recently it was a difficult to find scent, which increased its notoriety. As a confirmed incense lover this one had been high on my list because of the good things I had read about it. In this case all of those writings were right on the money. Right from the top the incense announces itself and at this point Juozas Stakevicius doesn't stand out from many of the others on my incense shelf. It is the next shift, which happens fairly rapidly, that makes this a stand-out. As the incense pulls back just a little, first jasmine comes out to play and combines with this and makes for an amazing floral composition. Then the floral fades and vanilla comes in. This is where the sharpness of the incense keeps the sweetness of the vanilla in check to make a sweet and spicy combination of excellence. Finally the warmth of amber in combination with the incense ends this one in a combination of two of my favorite notes. This is just a beautifully done scent and one I will wear over and over again.

Have a Trippy Tuesday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 3rd February 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at

Hello to Twolf!

Your SotD sounds wonderful, SMM!

Just a melty dusting of snow here for us. I'm scent twins with Merlino today, wearing just a whisper of Mitsouko edt. Mitsouko is so odd. I think it is best worn with severe restraint, so that you forget you're wearing it...until you get a strangely beautiful whiff of something haunting. I am haunted by 19th century images when I wear it. Just an odd, odd scent. I can't get rid of this little bottle even though I rarely wear it, and I don't really like it. I love it, but I don't like it.

Long Island, NY

Good morning everyone. I'm vacillating between good cheer and melancholy this morning. I made contact with my old friend's wife on Facebook. She's lovely and doing good and important things. It was wonderful to get in touch with her. Still no word from my friend though. We both went through a hard time with health issues and depression that was connected with those issues. I am feeling very good these days. I worry he can't say the same. Still no word from him.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a life from my SOTD - AL Feuilles de Patchouli.

SF Bay Area
    Blog Entries

I'm taking DH to the airport in Lady Caron. For the next week, I sleep with the kitties, yay!

Twolf-- Great to see you again!

SMM-- Ooh, I jealous! That's one incense frag I'm dying to try!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Champion Thread Killer

The Big Blue Marble
    Blog Entries

EW left to return to the north this AM after a tense month in-house. Whew.

SotD is Azzaro pour Homme
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd February 2009 at 01:16 PM.
    "Are you a god?"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "Are you a man?"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Coastal South Carolina

:happily scratching Wolfie behind ears.....:
    (Good to have The Dragon back, too!)

(That's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, SMM...Creed does get a lot of things right in my never-humble-opinion)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 3rd February 2009 at 01:17 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Love's true bluish light

Boston, MA

Hello, Twolf dear! Hurrah to see you back on the board! Hope you were having a wonderful time outside of Basenotes...

Wordie, enjoy your Lush bath! Those bath bombs are tremendous fun! Hope you are feeling wonderful and relaxed.

Yes, dear Scentson, I'll give more lowdown on the bunnies later.You smell GOOOOOOOOD.

Continuing my tea scents compare/contrast, today it's Parfumerie Generale Hyperessence Matale for me. I was hoping for/expecting a sort of "L'eau Rare Matale Extreme," which Hyperessence Matale is not. However, this is gorgeous. Rich black tea, marine or some kind of salty elements, florals and a hint of almost incense-like smoke. Wow. Not much in the sillage department, and only time will tell if it's got more staying power than L'eau Rare Matale, but I am in very deep like with this one. Oh dear.

Hyperessence Matale notes: Black tea, citrus, cedar leaves, musk, pepper, jasmine.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 3rd February 2009 at 01:27 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Chesterton, Indiana

kbe, I was thinking you haven't been yourself lately...hope you'll feel more relaxed now .

tdem & SMM - you both smell especially wonderful!

Today, I'm basking in some vintage Tabu. Heavenly!

joining Merlino and Lilybelle in Mitsouko but wearing the exttrait

Happy Tuesday

Armani - She. Last time I wore that to work my boss passed my office (we have an implicit open door policy), stopped and said: "Mmmm, something smells good." Then she took a few steps back, peaked into my office and asked me: "Is that you?" Seemingly that stuff has quite the projection if one could even smell me outside of my office... So I'm wearing it in moderation today - 1 1/2 sprays.

Blog Entries

SL Fleurs d'Oranger
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution
    Miami, FL

Sandalwood Cologne by Caswell-Massey (2nd time from a sample - thanks sloan_8013)

Incredible stuff. I expected something akin to toilet water. Instead I'm greeted with a wonderfully grounded sandalwood note, folded into a very well done vetiver base. It has a wonderful peat moss, aged wood vibe much like Fumidus by Profumum does, with no booze. I'm impressed!!
    Currently wearing: Ostara by Penhaligon's

Wearing the long expected Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge - yum yum. It passed the kitty test; one even tried to take a bite out of my wrist.

Forgotten I ordered a tester minus cap, though. Annoys me, actually. Anyone have a cap (100 ml, not sure if sizes are different) to spare? I'll gladly reimburse shipping and send some samples along with eternal gratitude your way.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Hello everyone
    Today I'm with Potiron
    in delightful Emporio Armani She
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."