Code of Conduct

Default Method of application...

Hi all,

I have recently been using the 'spray and step-through twice' method to apply my frags and I am very pleased with the results. For instance, a common complaint from my gf has been that my frags are far too strong when she gets close to my skin (especially at night) even though I only use two sprays. Now she says that I have struck a perfect balance between the smell of me and the fragrance, which she loves! Furthermore, some frags seem to develop better on my skin - with Dior Homme I get the caramel leather more and not just an overwhelming metallic iris note.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Squire84; 3rd February 2009 at 11:30 AM.

Default Re: Method of application...

If it works for you and your gf - those are the 2 most important people you need to please (you and the gf)... kudos!
    =========
    Dior Homme eh? I have that too and I'd go 4 sprays on the undershirt chest area plus 2 sprays on the unseen underside of the dress shirt's collar. Evaporates slower = lower sillage = lasts all day.

I'm not worried about staining the dress shirt because that's in the area no one except me will ever see. This despite the fact I know my dress shirts are expensive made-to-measure customized down to the last detail. Plus I just refuse to wear perfume on my skin. Reason: Former org chem student.

Tomorrow morning: Prada IdI... 6 sprays on undershirt, 2 sprays on shirt collar....

That's very interesting indeed! I take it you don't have problems with fragrances not suiting your skin type then? ;-)

I must say though, the thought of spraying DH 6 times - even on my shirt - scares me...

im still searching for the right method of application, which gives me the most sillage for the longest time possible

Quote Originally Posted by Squire84 View Post
    That's very interesting indeed! I take it you don't have problems with fragrances not suiting your skin type then? ;-)

I must say though, the thought of spraying DH 6 times - even on my shirt - scares me...
    Good God no not on my shirt.... 4 on undershirt, 2 on the dress shirt over it. If I put all 6 on the dress shirt, I'd be one of those people all BNers hate.

Hahaha! Ahh, I thought you meant 'under the shirt'! That's not so bad then...

I also meant to say in my original post that I find the walkthrough method spreads the frag more evenly whereas spraying tends to concentrate the frag, thus making it very intense for people (well, my gf anyway!) when they get close to my neck.