Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin fragrances

Aside from a few mentions of the original Pierre Cardin (Pour Monsieur), no-one ever seems to comment on Cardin frags, yet I note there is quite a large range: Black, Emotion, Centaure, Enigma, Insatiable....

Is the brand now considered "old hat" I wonder? I love Pour Monsieur, but it's the only Pierre Cardin I have ever tried.

Default Re: Pierre Cardin fragrances

I here PC Black rocks and I am trying to find it but can't locate it. Original PC is a classy fragrance with stellar longevity.
    Peace ~ Markymark

To me, PC Black smells like a Sean John Unforgivable clone.

I want to try Emotion for men and haven't seen it anywhere online. The Emotion for women is so sweet and strong it induces headache.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I've tried/owned/liked one of the Centaure frags, but I can't remember which one it was.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

PC certainly doesn't seem very popular here. I wish it were otherwise.

I just picked of PM and it reminds of Habit Rouge and a little like L'Instant PH. And it doesn't induce any headaches!!! Much better than I ever expected. Best $7 I spent in a long time.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

PC PH is great stuff. I wush the Centaure line was more readily available.

Pierre Cardin has been around awhile. i remember receiving a sample of PCPH many years ago. It was available at virtually any drugstore in the U.S. To me at least, the cheap "drugstore" scents seem linear, with poor longevity and sillage.

Blog Entries

the only good PC scent i've ever tried was a sample of some "Cuir" variant of the Centaure line....which was actually pretty good.

the rest of the PC line makes me cringe......

There is also a Musk , which is very very nice .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

The original Pierre Cardin pour homme is a classic - I don't see the similarity to Habit Rouge or L'Instant at all. It's a fragrance very much of its time and one of the best at what it does. It provided a lovely contrast to Aramis which was everywhere in the early 80s. I bought a bottle of PCPH last year for the first time in maybe 20 years and love wearing it. I'm interested in trying Black, which is readily available on Ebay or from some Stateside retailers like FragranceX (or at least it was last time I looked.)
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

the only PC I've tried is PC Black, and although it was a decent scent nothing really stimulated me to try any of their line, although through time I'm sure I will... I can't remember who posted it but someone reviewed Black as being a watered down version of SJ which was a watered down version of MI.... seeing as I haven't sampled either of these I really have no right whatsoever to voice an opinion, but Black didn't really do anything for me
    At your service