Code of Conduct

Default The search is over for a cherry tobacco pipe scent

When I was growing up, my uncle used to smoke a pipe. When his lit his pipe, the most wondrous aroma of sweetened cherry tobacco filled the room. A few years ago he had to give it up after a heart-attack and family get-togethers just aren't the same anymore.

After getting into frags a number of years ago, I've tried many tobacco-based frags but none really captured that aroma. Tobacco-Vanille and Very Valentino for Men capture the sweetened pipe smell pretty good but both are lacking that cherry/fruity punch. Thanks to fellow Bnoter Dimitrios, I came across Bogart PH. Never really heard of this frag let alone the brand. Opened up the sample vial and right away I could tell this was something special. Whilst putting the cap back on the vial, I managed to get some on my hand. Went to brunch and as I was getting in the car, this fantastic aroma of cherry tobacco wafted into my nostrils. It was deja-smell. I was transported back to my uncles' living room with him firing up his pipe all over again. I must say Bogart PH is really something special. So when all those "Recommend me a good tobacco scent" threads pop up again, I'll be right there preaching the gospel of Bogart PH.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: The search is over for a cherry tobacco pipe scent

And i've been ignoring the Bogart PH which can be had at ridiculously cheap prices at a couple of places here. Looks like I'll pick it up just for the heck of it

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I had to swap it off because it became way too much for me. There is a "synthetic" quality, and the notes just keep coming at you for hours. I have come to enjoy Michael for Men (Kors), however. It is more of a "perfume" than a particular smell. Bogart PH forced me away from strong tobacco frags for a few moths, but I'm glad I gave M for M another chance. I recently smelled just the sprayer of a B PH sample I have (after about 7 months of not smelling it), and I was blown away by how strong it was. I do like the much disliked One Man Show by Bogart, but one spray is usually enough. With B PH, on the other hand, I have been unable to "tame" it, no matter how I've diluted it.

Wow I would love a cherry tobacco type scent - I really need to look into this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I had to swap it off because it became way too much for me. There is a "synthetic" quality, and the notes just keep coming at you for hours. I have come to enjoy Michael for Men (Kors), however. It is more of a "perfume" than a particular smell. Bogart PH forced me away from strong tobacco frags for a few moths, but I'm glad I gave M for M another chance. I recently smelled just the sprayer of a B PH sample I have (after about 7 months of not smelling it), and I was blown away by how strong it was. I do like the much disliked One Man Show by Bogart, but one spray is usually enough. With B PH, on the other hand, I have been unable to "tame" it, no matter how I've diluted it.
    WHO dislikes One Man Show! LOL!

I tried loving this scent on numerous occassions but could never really become a convert. I love 'Jacques Bogart' house as such...I like One Man Show, Witness, Bogart (signature)....Even bought Silver Scent but couldn't stand Bogart pour homme.....I don't know what it was in it that didn't gel well with me....maybe excessive 'tonka'.......I just sold my bottle on ebay....cheaply ofcourse....

i simply adore Bogart Signature. reminds me of Lagerfeld photo (which is another fav of mine). i have tried everything else from this line(and i dont care about them) except for Bogart PH. will put it in my "to test" list. Thanx!

I agree the ingredients smell too cheap and overpowering in BPH. The far superior Vento Canale by Gianni Campagna has apparently been discontinued, however - not that it was ever widely available.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I really enjoy Bogart pour Homme. The last time I ranked my fragrances it was in my top forty.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

i'm really confused.

i've read several times on these forums that bogart pour homme is also very similar to paco rabanne pour homme.......how can this be? there is no tobacco in PRPH and no cherry either...

am i mistaken? or is it true that people compare these two scents? with these descriptions, i'm not really sure HOW people even come close to comparing the 2....

It may be that the original Bogart is similar to Paco, but I never tried the original so I can't say.

Bogart pour Homme (2004) is a cherry tobacco pipe scent ?? I guess I do not like cherry with my pipe tobacco then.

I find Bogart pour Homme just too much. Too sweet, too ....sickening. I do not even get any tobacco from it. I also loved how my uncle would light up his pipe around me ( as a child), but I may have to go somewhere else to "recreate" this scent.