Code of Conduct

Default Madera by Omnia Profumo - Review

Madera Notes:

Vanilla pod, caramel, Madagascar vanilla, peach blossom, wildflowers, tobacco flower, coconut, white musk
    Cost: $135.00 for 125ml
    Where to buy - Luckyscent
    Samples - Luckyscent or The Perfumed Court

I generally sample a new frag everyday in the late afternoon before dinner and continue to evaluate the frag during the evening and during sleep. My Wife is use to me wearing something new all the time. It takes a WOW frag to get any comment out of her. Madera is a WOW frag to my Wife's nose. (Mine too)

I would like to give you my Wife's impression if you don't mind. At dinner she said, what the heck are you wearing tonight? It smells sexy, smokey, sweet and musky. I just commented it was something new like always. Later when we went to bed, she asked me a again. What is that you're wearing, I really like this one - get a bottle. She said it was multifaceted with many different smells going on at the same time. Sweet, Boozy Sexy, Musky and stopped with the superlatives, got naked, and now you know the rest of the story.

Madera goes on like like a typical gourmand like Aomassi - Sweet, sugary & foody. Caramel is the featured note by far - easily the best caramel I've smelled. It never turns or gets weird like many gourmands can do. The surprise is the development and the drydown. It doesn't take long and the tobacco flower comes to life and continues through the life of the scent until the very end. In the morning the tobacco flower is whats left. A nice smoldering effect like after going to night club where smoking is allowed. Your clothes smell of your perfume, her perfume, plus the smoke, and a pinch of sweat without ever having to leave the house.

All day longevity with good sillage, EDP strength and a nice price.

Default Re: Madera by Omnia Profumo - Review

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Sweet, Boozy Sexy, Musky and stopped with the superlatives, got naked, and now you know the rest of the story.
    i dont like to guess, care to elaborate which notes are we talking about here?

Madera sounds very interesting indeed ! *scribbles down on a notepad*
    Last edited by jenson; 4th February 2009 at 12:34 PM.

thanks for the good review.... I have samples of all four from the line on the way.

Lovely!

Another one to add to the never ending list

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sounds like heaven. Try, I must!

I really loved Granato, so I'll definitely try this one. It sounds like this may be a really good line.

Basenotes Institution

Caramel and florals just smells downright sexy to me too. When it's done right, it can be strangely addictive.

The coconut in the list of notes is making me nervous thebeck - sometimes in sweet florals the presence of coconut can really ruin it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Caramel and florals just smells downright sexy to me too. When it's done right, it can be strangely addictive.

The coconut in the list of notes is making me nervous thebeck - sometimes in sweet florals the presence of coconut can really ruin it for me.
    I feel the same as you about coconut. It's pretty much non-existent. Not to worry.

I should have samples of Ambra, Madera and Granato in my possession very soon.

thebeck, how does Madera compare to SDV? Is it worth owning both? The fact you mentioned that It never turns or goes weird on the skin has piqued my interest in this one.