Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Antaeus Question...

I need some advise...

Would Chanel Antaeus be suitable for hot humid weather? And would it suit a man in his mid 20s?

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Chanel Antaeus Question...

In my opinion, Antaeus is too strong for a hot and humid climate. I prefer to wear it in the cooler seasons, not the summer. I think it would be suitable for a man in his 20's provided that he realizes that this is not a light scent, but one with power, strong sillage, and all-day longevity. Chanel describes its personality as "An invitation to decadence". One can be decadent at any age.

I think NYCBoy pretty much nails it. Of course, if one simply loves Antaeus one can wear it any season and any weather with contentment, but I agree with NYCBoy--I'd find hot humid summer weather to push me out of the Antaeus comfort zone.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If you feel comfortable wearig it, so go for it! If you`r not, so stop using it. Very simple rule!

Nearly anything can be worn in homeopathic doses in the heat, but Antaeus can certainly make the elevator smaller in the wrong sorts of situations/concentrations.

I do not agree with the idea of winter and summer scents, but in general, citrous scents are considered appropiate for the summer and oriental / woody scents appropiate for the winter. Thus, you can either follow the rules - since Antaeus is not citric, it can be considered a winter scent - or do as you please. However, Antaeus is strong, though. So, it should be applied with care during hot / humid days.

Regarding your age, it does have something of an "oldish-gentleman" character. This can be good for a 20 year old man when it comes to differentiate yourself form the rest.