Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Five Creed Private Collection Fragrances Will Become Paris Exclusives.

Rumors and speculation as to the future of Creed's Private Collection have been rampant lately. I posted this first on another thread but, since it is slightly off-topic to that thread, I am also posting it here.

I received this email from Creed earlier today:

Dear Mr. ********:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in CREED.

At more than four dozen fragrances, CREED is the largest luxury fragrance line. To make room for new items, particularly a new women's fragrance in 2009 as well as the debut of the first in what will be a unique collection-within-the-collection plus a new fragrance for CREED's 250th anniversary in 2010, several existing fragrances will henceforth only be available by contacting CREED directly in Paris; they will no longer be available to the public in stores. Angelique Encens, Aubepine Acacia, Cuir de Russie, Cypres Musc and Vintage Tabarome from the Private Collection can be obtained, going forward, by special request sent to Mr. Olivier CREED at CREED, 38, Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, 75008, Paris. Like all CREED fragrances, the formulae and a quantity of the fragrances themselves will be kept in the vault beneath the Paris boutique at that address.

We are sorry your favorite is affected by this change, but we hope this note is informative.

Please let me know if we may be of assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Client Services – CREED North America

www.creedperfumes.us
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 6th February 2009 at 02:43 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Five Creed Private Collection Fragrances Will Become Paris Exclusives.

*Narrows eyes*

Default Re: Five Creed Private Collection Fragrances Will Become Paris Exclusives.

Me wonder's how secure that vault is.
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see all the other scents in the vault. They do have quite the selection in Paris. One of my favorite boutiques.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have my Cypres-Musc so I'm OK. But this seems daft to me, excessively limiting the supply and accessibility. They should remember that a previous period of aristocratic disdain led to the storming of the Bastille. Shall we storm the vault, citizens?
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but I'm not too up on my Creed - Aubepine Acacia - can anyone comment?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I'd love to see what other goodies they have in that vault.

How many folks here have been to the Creed boutique in Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Well, I have my Cypres-Musc so I'm OK. But this seems daft to me, excessively limiting the supply and accessibility. They should remember that a previous period of aristocratic disdain led to the storming of the Bastille. Shall we storm the vault, citizens?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not too up on my Creed - Aubepine Acacia - can anyone comment?
    I think it's a great one. I might have to spring for one of those immense bottles. To me it would be the ideal scent for a sort of punky very beautiful and frisky girlfriend. Mixed metaphors surely, but it's also sort of naughty-librarian lady.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else feel like Creed is trying to be... oh, I don't know.... more like 'other' niche houses by designating a 'Paris only' line?

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like Creed is doing a Lutens...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and the collection within a collection nonsense. On top of that the "write to Oliver Creed at..." Vanity is hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else feel like Creed is trying to be... oh, I don't know.... more like 'other' niche houses by designating a 'Paris only' line?
    That's what I thought too!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto That !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, DustB - interesting visual image ;-) I may just have to sample it to see what this would smell like.

Post Thanks / Like

From TPC :Aubepine Acacia Eau de Parfum has notes of May hawthorne and acacia.

Post Thanks / Like

From TPC :Aubepine Acacia Eau de Parfum has notes of May hawthorne and acacia.
    It's a really nice very dry powdery white flower over very white woods. It's got just a little hook of cream in it too, that grabs your nostril half way through the inhale and is then gone. One of the times I wore a spray on the back of my hand it seemed there was some tonka in it, but other times there's been no sweetness. I like it without the sweetness. It smells like sun-warmed things sort of. Also smells basic and like an of-course-I-wear-a-good-perfume scent too. I've never had a chance to give it a full wearing but it seems like something that would last a very long time. It's an aura scent, that is it's best in sillage rather than smelled up close. It doesn't broadcast out, but it floats around. Very dry powdery white floral over very white woods is it, I think.

Dear Oliver,

Are you King?

Best,

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Dear Oliver,

Are you King?

Best,

TNMA
    LMAO

one more question,

Dear Mr. Oliver,
    Do you do bottle splits? minimum 50 ml if you'd like to get past customs at basenotes
    regds
    Jen

ps. sorry to hijack your thread Two Roads
    Last edited by jenson; 6th February 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Ollie,

Have you ever thought about changing the photo you use in your brand's carded samples? The photo is terrible and you have the most dour, "I'm French and can't be bothered with you" look on your face.

Before I place my order, may I suggest Creed issue holograph-embossed certificates of authenticity, printed with the date of bottling, to prevent endless argument and discussion of legitimacy and age of your fragrances on certain online message boards? Thank you in advance. Thank you for also making the private collection so exclusive that I can jack up prices when I resell your bottles on eBay, taking advantage of those too lazy to order a bottle from Paris themselves.

Many thanks,
    bbBD

A strange move by Creed. The private collection offerings are all quite good, one would think they would want to make them more available by putting them in smaller bottles as limited editions instead of hiding them in their vault.
    The collection can use a good edit though, when I go to a Creed counter at Neimans my eyes glaze over.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th February 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Angelique Encens !!!!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Rumors and speculation as to the future of Creed's Private Collection have been rampant lately. I posted this first on another thread but, since it is slightly off-topic to that thread, I am also posting it here.

I received this email from Creed earlier today:

Dear Mr. ********:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in CREED.

At more than four dozen fragrances, CREED is the largest luxury fragrance line. To make room for new items, particularly a new women's fragrance in 2009 as well as the debut of the first in what will be a unique collection-within-the-collection plus a new fragrance for CREED's 250th anniversary in 2010, several existing fragrances will henceforth only be available by contacting CREED directly in Paris; they will no longer be available to the public in stores. Angelique Encens, Aubepine Acacia, Cuir de Russie, Cypres Musc and Vintage Tabarome from the Private Collection can be obtained, going forward, by special request sent to Mr. Olivier CREED at CREED, 38, Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, 75008, Paris. Like all CREED fragrances, the formulae and a quantity of the fragrances themselves will be kept in the vault beneath the Paris boutique at that address.

We are sorry your favorite is affected by this change, but we hope this note is informative.

Please let me know if we may be of assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Client Services CREED North America

www.creedperfumes.us

Whoa, whoa, whoa! So, they keep all their formulas in a vault? Since they now plan on offering these private collection frags solely through special request, how come the same can't be had for Feuille Verte? I'm sure it's down in that vault.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I replied on the other thread, so I repeat here as this was tangential on the other thread.

This letter is interesting both in what it says and what it does not say.

First, is Creed "the largest luxury fragrance line"? I would tend to think not, but I guess to know for sure one must clarify what "largest" means.

Second, the new "collection within the collection" sounds very intriguing. What will this be?

Third, I wonder what these flacons of Private Collection items will cost when they have greater excluvisity?

The only private collection item I own is Cypres-Musc. I bought a 75 ml tester in 2005 and while I love the stuff, I think it will take me a decade to empty it (assuming the juice stays good). I can't imagine buying a flacon.

I need to try to couple of Private Collection items I have not tested yet - before they disappear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! So, they keep all their formulas in a vault? Since they now plan on offering these private collection frags solely through special request, how come the same can't be had for Feuille Verte? I'm sure it's down in that vault.
    There's a certain person with a Lacoste icon who no doubt started making break and enter plans as soon as you wrote that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

maybe we should form an army to go storm this so called secret vault, viva la angelique encens !

Just when I thought my disdain for Creed's over-hyped and overly-expensive line of mediocrities could rise no higher...

How you say, "Viva la 'Secondary Market?'"

Post Thanks / Like

poop
    At your service

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell is a "special request" anyway?! I feel like there's an implication that Mr. Creed won't waste his time with us peons, but rather will only sell the stuff if your name is Bono or Angelina Jolie. I can't imagine how high he'll jack up the prices. Based on what I'm hearing, I'd even be afraid to ask what the price is, out of fear that I'd get the "If you need to ask, you obviously can't afford it" baloney.

I'm making an issue of this because I really like Cypres Musc and I do go to Paris every few years with my family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    What the hell is a "special request" anyway?!
    I am not sure but I did not assign any significance to the statement.

To my way of thinking, all requests are special.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to pick your brains while planning an assault on the vault (hope I'm not hijacking a thread here) but as a confirmed 12 year GIT guy with a leaning towards Orignal Tabarome and MI - is Cypres Musc really that good? There are a few of the flacons on sale here - CM and Selection Verte the two I recall. I'll see if it's possible to sample CM but worth going for it in light of all this price hike and Paris thing? Appreciate thoughts
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 7th May 2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Sorry to pick your brains while planning an assault on the vault(hope I'm not hijacking a thread here) but as a confirmed 12 year GIT guy with a leaning towards Orignal Tabarome and MI - is Cypres Musc really that good? There are a few of the facons on sale here - CM and Selection Verte the two I recall. Worth going for it in light of all this price hike and Paris thing? Appreciate thoughts
    CM and SV are certainly very good, but you may not like them. If possible sample first. CM is a potent cypress and musk blend (just what the label says), but by no means lightweight and nothing like the ones you mention. SV is fresh, very centered on mint and sweet pea.

I have a 2.5 oz tester of CM, wear it infrequently and it is probably enough to last me the rest of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Scentsitivity, thanks! Will definitely try on the weekend - I think they had testers but I asked once ages ago and no sample phials to take away and live with for a while. Good reviews here and the foresty conifer piney mentions for CM sound good so looking forward to checking them out.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 7th May 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Third, I wonder what these flacons of Private Collection items will cost when they have greater excluvisity?
    Creed currently provides a service where they will whip up a batch of a catalog fragrance they are not producing for $3k-$5k ... these Private Collections will now be part of this service.
    Last edited by zztopp; 8th May 2009 at 02:12 AM.
    -