Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Finest Sandalwood fragrance out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    For 5ml Primavera? If so, that's way overpriced! Pay no more than $35-40 for 5ml else you are being ripped off!

But is what Profumu sells the undiluted oil or an alcohol based perfume? Big difference... Not saying it's not good, because I wouldn't know, since I never tried it. It's just something to take into consideration when you compare prices.

Mate..it would be great if you could guide me to a cheaper source for Primavera.

As for Profumo, I did request the concerned member if a smaller 2-3ml sample could be made available, however at this time he said there isn't any. He did mention that it would be available from the Perfumed Court shortly....A kind basenoter has pm'ed me and has generously offered me a little sample of Profumo...

I know Profumo sandalwood has an alcohol base but I am a newbie at this 'oil' thing so I can't tell how to compare Primavera with Profumo...However you are right in highlighting that Primavera is an oil where Profumo is diluted....so can't compare the two really....

Basenotes Institution

I personally did not realize that Bois de Iles by Chanel was such a sandalwood favorite by so many of you guys - until I really read the responses on this thread. I've had two samples that I got, mostly based upon the fact that it supposedly smells like 'gingerbread' and I love that smell so I sought out samples.

This is the EdT - not the parfum.

I wore it last night to bed, and yes I can totally 'get' the sandalwood now. How did I miss that!? But it's resting underneath a dizzying, powdery aldehyde. It doesn't ruin the scent, per se. But it's a little annoying. The sandalwood note in BdI is so refined and wonderful, but then the aldehyde note would fill my nose and sharpen it irritatingly.

Now I want to smell the parfum. Ack! I don't even want to know how expensive that's gonna be.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th February 2009 at 02:16 AM.

I totally forgot to mention profumo.it in my post. He is a reliable seller, I have a bit of his mysore from a fellow BNer.
    I do not know whether Farfalla is avilable or ships to Australia but here is their website. Their vintage aftershave balm contained real sandalwood I still have some and its utterly wonderful. The new version is just OK and works with natural alternatives and much lower amounts of sandalwood probably of differnet provenance.

Farfalla has South Korean and Japanese distributors maybe you can purchase through them?
    http://www.farfalla.ch/4dcgi/ProdDet...1818330139942?
    http://www.farfalla-essentials.com/i...tributors.html

German Primavera prices:
    http://www.kauflux.de/?id=FROOGLE&_artnr=5136023
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

I'm wearing Woody Sandalwood by The Body Shop and Santalum by Profumum today and WOW what a difference in the way that they evolve.

The WS is very old, almost more than 10 years old. It's aged nicely, it's super dark brown in color and goes on thick and oily. Almost varnish like in it's top notes. Almost within the next 30 minutes it really retreats, softens up diffuses very lightly. Very close to the skin.

Whereas the Profumum instantly, upon application, has a warm and spicy softness to it. As if it's been baked alongside a sweet spicy pastry. The myrrh and cinnamon are evident almost immediately and sort of fade and intertwine with the sandalwood extremely slowly throughout the evolution of the scent. Smelling it almost 3 hours after it's been applied, it has that varnish like smell that the WS had at first.

Of course, I doube either one of these has Mysore sandalwood. But the Profumum is so much more richer, complex and instantly satisfying.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Any opinions on L'Artisan Parfumeur's Santal? Not many reviews in BN.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!