Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Bond No 9 Astor Place

From The Scented Salamander;

Bond No. 9 will launch its 34th fragrance inspired by a trendy geographic location on April 1, 2009. After concentrating exclusively on New York City neighborhoods for inspiration then branching out to some of its famous commuting grounds and then on to still further twists on the basic idea, including a Florida scent, the perfume house is going back to its roots and even to its very own neighborhood.

The new scent is called Astor Place and was inspired by The Cube by sculptor Tony Rosenthal located at the juncture of Lafayette street and the Bowery...

Perfumer is Laurent Le Guernec of International Flavors & Fragrances, and the new jus is described by brand founder Laurice Rahme as a unisex composition tilting in the direction of a feminine.

Astor Place has top notes of violet leaf and mandarin zest; a heart of freesia, red poppy buds and iris root, and base notes of teakwood, musk and amber.

"Astor Place will be available in a 100-ml. version for $220 and a 50-ml. size for $145. For Mother's Day, the firm is doing a 100-ml. version of the bottle that's dotted with Swarovski crystals for $300. A "stress relief" cube, a sort of toy for adults that resembles a Rubik's Cube, noted Rahmé, will accompany the first 1,000 scents

I really like Bond but I wish they would give up on the Swarovski crystals!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Bond No 9 Astor Place

Wow, cool bottle. I'll look forward to trying this - I think I'm up on the rotation soon for a bon-bon sample from the company.

wow another release? so many..but interesting

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Wow, cool bottle. I'll look forward to trying this - I think I'm up on the rotation soon for a bon-bon sample from the company.
    Rotation?

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    Rotation?
    Yeah, when you're in their VIP list (just means you've purchased and submitted the card), you're on a rotation to get free bon bons of new scents. Since they have so many people in the list, they can't send every new one to every person. It's been since Lexington that I've gotten one, so hopefully this one (or even Brooklyn) will be my turn again

Basenotes Plus

Ahh that's pretty cool. I hope you get something interesting. I'm drying to try Brooklyn, the bottle is fab.

whats their florida scent?

i second the whole thing about swarovski crystals. and is it just me, or are a LOT of their compositions tilted towards feminine? i can pick out about four or five reliably masculine scents from what ive tried

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    whats their florida scent?

i second the whole thing about swarovski crystals. and is it just me, or are a LOT of their compositions tilted towards feminine? i can pick out about four or five reliably masculine scents from what ive tried
    Is it Boca Raton?

I agree most of their scents are leaning more towards the feminine, the only really masculine ones I've tried are Wall Street and Silver Factory.

the only really masculine ones I've tried are Wall Street and Silver Factory.
    Try H.O.T. Always, Great Jones, New Haarlem, Central Park, Saks for Him, and Bleecker Street. They're all worth trying and on the masculine side.

^^As is Brooklyn - well worth a sniff. Possibly my fave Bond to date.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    ^^As is Brooklyn - well worth a sniff. Possibly my fave Bond to date.
    When will Brooklyn be released? I want to get me a sample!

When will Brooklyn be released? I want to get me a sample!
    March! Not long now!

Is it Boca Raton?

I agree most of their scents are leaning more towards the feminine, the only really masculine ones I've tried are Wall Street and Silver Factory.

Riverside Drive is really nice...wearing that one today actually

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    Riverside Drive is really nice...wearing that one today actually
    Oh yeah, that one too. I can't wait to try Brooklyn also - B9 said available March 1.