Code of Conduct

Smile Favorite hand soaps?

I'm always on the lookout for great hand soaps thinking they will encourage everyone in the house to wash their hands more frequently (especially important during this cold and flu season!). It seems like liquid soaps are the way to go with kids, and I'm MAD for the scent of Kiss My Face Grapefruit & Bergamot foaming hand wash. I wonder what others are using and recommend, and if anyone else has a thing for the Kiss My Face scent that I love so!??

Default Re: Favorite hand soaps?

Dove Beauty Bar in sensitive, so there's no fragrance whatsoever. Boring! But it's the best. I wash my face with it, too, it's so moisturizing and silky feeling! There's this supermarket brand, Method, that comes in neat looking geometric bottles.

Smile Re: Favorite hand soaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Dove Beauty Bar in sensitive, so there's no fragrance whatsoever. Boring! But it's the best. I wash my face with it, too, it's so moisturizing and silky feeling! There's this supermarket brand, Method, that comes in neat looking geometric bottles.
    I like Method scents too, but I still like the Kiss My Face better. Haven't tried Dove!

summer means fireflys

Pretty boring here too, but I use B&BW liquid soaps. I like a lot of their scents, but I've been enjoying the Twisted Peppermint (a limited edition scent) this winter. I swear by the Kitchen Lemon scent to rid hands of strong odors like onions or garlic and always have a bottle by the kitchen sink. My younger son loves the Sea Island Cotton and my older son prefers the Winter Candied Apple (a limited scent too).
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I like Kiss My Face olive oil bar soap as a hand soap. Most of the scents are subtle and the bar lasts forever, it seems.

I also like Tom's of Maine moisturizing bar with Chamomile.

EO brand (also found in the natural section) and Avalon Organics both have beautiful lavender scented liquid soaps, and one of them has a rosemary scent that is great for the kitchen.

I love Trader Joe's orange blossom scented liquid soap (or is it orange blossom and honeysuckle scented soap?) -- it is just beautifully fragranced and does not dry out my hands.

It's funny, my kids actually prefer bar soap to liquid most of the time!

I do love Kiss My Face products (am a big fan of the Stress Relief body wash in particular), and I do continue to try to find good liquid soaps the family will use/like. Currently on our sink is Global Balance mint-scented moisturizing liquid soap. I and my oldest son (15) like it best out of our family. I'll keep trying...

As for bar soap, afraid I'm hooked on stupidly expensive stuff. I love and adore Pre de Provence Sage soap in particular, and the Claus Porto Favorito and Wild Pansy soaps (which, guess what? I just found out they also make in liquid! Oh no! Hide my credit cards! )
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Pretty boring here too, but I use B&BW liquid soaps. I like a lot of their scents, but I've been enjoying the Twisted Peppermint (a limited edition scent) this winter. I swear by the Kitchen Lemon scent to rid hands of strong odors like onions or garlic and always have a bottle by the kitchen sink. My younger son loves the Sea Island Cotton and my older son prefers the Winter Candied Apple (a limited scent too).
    I actually tried the Twisted Peppermint at a friend's house...really great and very refreshing. I MUST try the Kitchen Lemon since I cook with a lot of garlic and onion (I also use a stainless steel rub..gets rid of stinky smells miraculously!)

I am a fan of Midnight Pomegranate from B&BW and Lavender from Trader Joes.

The good home... beach days

L'Occitane liquid soaps, and shea butter bar soaps are wonderful, and do not dry out the skin.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I have been happy with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint and/or Lavender -Magic Soaps put into a foaming pump bottle with water. Sometimes I will add a couple drops of glycerin, rose water glycerin, or one of my essential oils
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

C O Bigelow Lemon hand wash is my favorite. My local bath and body has it on sale once or twice per year and its 2 for 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm w/ you, I love the B&BW liquid soaps. I need to try that kitchen lemon! That sounds great. I currently have sensual amber & black amethyst.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thumbs up Re: Favorite hand soaps?

Quote Originally Posted by analavande View Post
    I have been happy with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint and/or Lavender -Magic Soaps put into a foaming pump bottle with water. Sometimes I will add a couple drops of glycerin, rose water glycerin, or one of my essential oils
    Ingenious. (Where do you get your foaming pump bottles? )

That settles it...lots of votes for BBW liquid soaps, so I'm off to my local store to test the goods...Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    L'Occitane liquid soaps, and shea butter bar soaps are wonderful, and do not dry out the skin.
    I like L'Occitane liquid and bar soaps too, the only problem is the shea butter leaves a dull film over the sink and tap

Blog Entries

We have San Diego Soap Company Honey & Blackberry in the kitchen. It's strong & sweet.

Method French Lavendar in the bathroom. It's subtler.

Blog Entries

My favorite hand soap is Honeysuckle by Caswell Massey. The lotion is good too,
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 28th February 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Olove oil soap bar from Aleppo for the body and rosescented soap bar from Galimard for my hands.

I love the Method hand soaps from Target... usually get Sweet Water or Pink Grapefruit
    Last edited by CiaoLA; 17th March 2009 at 02:41 PM.