Code of Conduct

Default Trumpers Royal Cologne

As a big fan of Trumpers colognes I couldn't resist picking up a bottle of the discontinued Royal when I had the chance recently.

It goes on with a very unified, smooth, mid range accord. Very blended, not much obvious definition in individual notes. It immediately reminds me of several other things, most of them, but not all, Trumper related. I get strong associations with Spanish Leather, much spice, a bit of Eucris-like blackcurrant, a tiny touch of the strange milky aldehydic floral tones of Milk of Flowers, maybe a little rose, something like an old school powdery citrus, pepper, some guerlain-ish vanillic base notes (again a little like spanish leather). Also perhaps a little of Creeds Royal Delight too, with the unusual floral-leathers. There is a green component too and some dirt, moss and musk.

With all this, I still feel like I'm missing much....

So please, if you have smelled this, help me out and share your thoughts .
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Trumpers Royal Cologne

Thanks HD, I appreciate any and all news about Geo F Trumper, one of my favorite lines. It sounds like a complex scent, you've given us a very informative post. I hope others who have tried it will weigh in. Cheers!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution

Sounds great! Can you post a picture of the bottle hirch?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Sounds great! Can you post a picture of the bottle hirch?
    Um... I'm not very good at doing that, sorry . Can I just paste a jpeg in? .

The bottle is very straightforward, a cylinder with a screw in sprayer, refillable. Like the Les Nez Lion bottles if you know those?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews