Code of Conduct

Default SotW January 31st- February 6th, 2009

Time to jump into SotW for Week 49. Let’s see where we end up. There were 1,312 total posts over 756 scents this week with 52 scents posted for the first time. This was the second week we’ve been over 1,300 posts, we had the highest single posting day ever with 227 posts on Friday and 756 scents posted was a new weekly record. 496 scents were posted once for an individuality index of 37.4%. The number of single wears was the second most ever. As you can see it was a big week. We have a solid top 10 of scents that have been there before.
    The big 5 had a very good week. Guerlain is in its usual top position with 112 wears over 39 scents. Vetiver was the House leader but it was only good for a #3 rank in the top 10 this week. It is joined by Habit Rouge at #6 and Mitsouko at #8. Serge Lutens comes in second with 73 wears over 28 scents led by Chergui at #11. Chanel with 71 wears over 22 scents puts two scents in the top 10 with the House leader Coco Chanel at #7 and Chanel No. 19 at #8. Creed had 48 wears over 16 scents but it had the #1 scent this week in Bois du Portugal. Hermes brings up the rear with 34 wears over 14 scents led by Terre D’Hermes at #5. The big 5 take up 7 of the 10 slots this week. The big 5 totals are 338 (25.8%) wears over 119 (15.7%) scents. One out of every four scents worn this week came from one of these five Houses.
    Bvlgari had a big week with over half of its 25 total wears coming form the week’s #2 scent Bvlgari Black. Bvlgari Black had a 50/50 split of wears between men and women this week making it the unisex leader. Diptyque had a similarly good week powered by the wears around one scent, Tam Dao, which was #11 this week. Christian Dior had an average week and Dior Homme placed at #8. Three Houses had very low weeks; Calvin Klein, Annick Goutal, and Estee Lauder. Estee Lauder has been particularly low since the weather turned colder making me wonder if it is also a House which performs better in the warmer weather.
    The remaining scent in the top 10 is Montana Parfum D’Homme (red box). While the majority of support for this is coming from one community member; it is not the only support it is getting and if it wasn’t picking up wears from other community members it wouldn’t have made the top 10 in any of the last three weeks as 7 wears was not enough to make the top 10.
    Top 10 for January 31st – February 6th, 2009
    1.) Creed Bois du Portugal 15 wears (1.1%)
    2.) Bvlgari Black 14 wears (1.1%)
    3.) Guerlain Vetiver 13 wears (1.0%)
    4.) Montana Parfum D’Homme (red box) 12 wears (0.9%)
    5.) Hermes Terre D’Hermes 11 wears (0.9%)
    6.) Guerlain Habit Rouge 10 wears (0.8%)
    7.) Chanel Coco Chanel 9 wears (0.7%)
    8.) Chanel No. 19 8 wears (0.6%)
    8.) Dior Homme 8 wears (0.6%)
    8.) Guerlain Mitsouko 8 wears (0.6%)

Eight scents in the just missed category this week. Three Guerlains; Jicky, L’instant pour Homme, and Spiritueuse Double Vanille. The latter scent has been showing some support since the holidays and was one wear away from the top 10 this week. Chanel Coromandel, Creed Green Irish Tweed and Serge Lutens Chergui also represent the big 5, one wear away from the top 10. The last two scents are Givenchy Vetyver and Diptyque Tam Dao. Givenchy Vetyver has seen an interesting uptick the last two weeks. Polo Modern Reserve and Prada Infusion D’homme were the top new scents but they were way down at #39 with only four wears each.
    That’s it for Week 49, three weeks left to go.
    As always, you keep wearing ‘em and I’ll keep counting ‘em
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW January 31st- February 6th, 2009

Thanks SMM (and Aiona) for keeping things interesting!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost